Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another newbie introduction

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Malicious, Apr 5, 2012. | Replies: 11 | Views: 305

1. Malicious

Malicious IncGamers Member

Another newbie introduction

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself and ask for a bit of guidance. I am from Sydney, Australia and have been playing D2 on and off ever since classic came out. I had mostly been playing on bnet over the past few years every so often, but after I geared up my characters I eventually just lost interest and couldn't be bothered refreshing all my characters/accounts to make sure they dont get deleted. I decided to get back into it a couple of weeks ago, but instead of playing on bnet I decided to go with SP since I don't need to have to worry about my characters getting deleted. So I googled SP and found this forum and was amazed at how large the community was, and how much information is out there. I was most impressed with many of the aspects of SP, and suffice to say I could never go back to bnet when SP is infinitely more convenient. Mule programs, no spam bots, no MF bots ruining the economy, no douchebags (especially scammers), no temp bans, etc all contributed to making D2 much more exciting to play than it used to be.

So anyway, I began playing with a couple of friends in MP, but they have since stopped playing (or only playing a little bit). We were at the start of NM when that occured, so I decided to just farm on my own and just go through the game without them. I got my first Matriarch on the weekend with a CL/Orb Sorceress, and I also have a Fishymancer that's stuck on Hell Ancients atm. I havent found too much yet, my best drop would be an Ist from Hell Countess, an Ist from 1 of my HFs and around 3 Mals from Hell Countess as well. I have since respecced my Sorceress to Fireball/Orb and have been farming Hell Andy because my merc is too weak to tank most stuff in Hell, though I have to use tele to keep him away from Andy a lot too but at least I can kill her fast. This was in 1.13d btw, and right now I installed a 1.09 version of D2 and started levelling in that. I'm basically aiming to just lowbie MF in it to get Ravenclaws to bring it up to 1.13d twinking. I'm also aiming to set up a twink set to HF rush and build up some wealth.

I'm looking for a bit of guidance/advice with regards to trading. I haven't got any experience trading for stuff via a forum, and there's only a little bit of information targetted towards a complete newcomer that I could find. I sort of understand the process of what I am meant to do, but was looking for perhaps a quick summary of what I should do to start up? I didn't want to do anything wrong and get yelled at for being an ignorant noob =P
  2. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Re: Another newbie introduction

I haven't personally traded, either, but you can PM Thyiad if no1 here gives a clear explanation right off the bat. What I do know is that you need a trader profile, and that there is a probation period, and which mods you use, and versions, and everything are very important, and are included in your profile.

Were you planning on HF rushing in 1.13? i'm assuming you meant in 1.09, but if you meant 1.13, I don't think it's worth your time.Running alvl 85 areas like ancient tunnels or the pits will net you ANYTHING, including the cahnce of lots of runes.
    If you're looking for ber or Lo, specifically, dig up the LK running thread, as it is a fantastic resource. You can also do trav runs with a character that you like the most, who can do them half-decently. I prefer novamancer, personally. There is a moat trick for killing meph, in case you haven't heard of it, that as far as I know makes it really safe and easy to run him. I've never tried it, but I've heard it's great.
    Wanting to become a slight bit mroe famiiliar with the forum? check out the history of the SPF, http://nepeta.host56.com/spfhistory.html#inci
    It's a good read, adn there are lots of funny things in it like TUB and Farting_Bob
    Also, cehck out the mat/pat/guardian compilation. There are so many differnet types of builds that have been made, it's kind of ridiculous.
    Some people don't know about this, so I jsut want to make sure you do. . . typing in "players x" can change the player settings between 1-8. JUST in case :p

Good luck with your finds! :thumbup:
    Also come to the bar so we can get to know you better. Shin kicking is frowned upon there, maybe.
  3. Malicious

Oh I wasn't too clear about that. I meant HF rush in 1.09 and then convert the character to 1.13 and complete it there.

Yeah I know about the players command, I am a seasoned veteran of the game =P I just need better gear, especially for my merc. Slowly getting there though!
  4. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Welcome! Sounds a lot like how I ended up here.

Just read the trade rules, people will know if you're doing something wrong and usually let you or Thy know before you mess anything up.

+1 to not HF rushing unless you are looking for beta runewords or something.

...and...

*steals pants*
  5. djmbbandie

djmbbandie IncGamers Member

Welcome!

Since shin kicking is frowned upon in the bar:coffee:.

*steals wallet.
  6. VoltageR

VoltageR IncGamers Member

Trading is a bit confusing, first you need to go here and make yourself a trader profile, make sure you read the sticky which tells you pretty much everything you need to know to make one. To actually trade you need a muling application either ATMA or GoMule, these muling programs can create infinite stashes for you to store items, so what you do is you put the items which you agreed to trade on a stash
    (I send mine to the desktop so it's easier to find) and send the stash file by e-mail. Then you just have to post in the trade thread what you sent and what you recieved. Hope this helps, It took me a couple of days to figure it out by myself hahaha
  7. Malicious

Yeah I read most of that before. Actually something I wanted to ask, are the ATMA and GoMule stashes compatible with each other? I use GoMule personally, but if I was to trade with someone who uses ATMA, would my GoMule stash that I send work for him/her or would 1 of us need to switch to the other muling program?
  8. VoltageR

VoltageR IncGamers Member

I'm 80% sure that they are compatible, what isn't is trading items from higher versions to lower versions.
  9. RuddyC

RuddyC IncGamers Member

welcome

may your drops be green gold and orange.

*steals shirt, anything left?

atma and gomule stashes are in the same file format, you can trade with atma users.
  10. Malicious

Alright sweet. Thanks for the help
  11. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Oh okay :p I wasn't familiar with the players command when I restarted just shy of 1.13 (I had no idea it was coming, though. . .) because I spent most of my sp lifetime in 1.07 (no internet on some crappy desktop). It took me a long time to realise that player settings carry between games, as well, if you leave the program open.
  12. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

Ah, it's flooding with newcomers!

Welcome! Have a read of the FAQ, come to the bar for a drink, etc. etc. Don't miss out on all the delicious OT!

I've been wanting to time travel a bit for some haxxor Raven Claws my self, but I've never got it done. Do you play solely SC or have you ventured into the dark side aswell?