Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another Necro Summoning Question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Bahamut, Jul 11, 2004. | Replies: 37 | Views: 1023

1. Bahamut

Bahamut IncGamers Member

Another Necro Summoning Question

hey guys :)

Now I am playing my summoning necro right now... and I was just wondering which golem is his best partner. now I have invested a lot (and should) on the skellies, but what about Magi? I heard they were pretty weak. I love skelletons, and Golems but then will they last althroughout the game? :)
  2. usamahanas

usamahanas IncGamers Member

Clay golem is your final goal, because of his slow enemies property one point in clay golem and one in golem mastery and that's enough IMO. For skelly mages they suck realy unless you have many + skills from gear (at least 10) then they are just small skelleton shield :teeth:
  3. Bahamut

Bahamut IncGamers Member

So summoners only go for skellies thus the name fishymancer? Is that right?
  4. usamahanas

usamahanas IncGamers Member

yes and no, fishymancer (the name comes from the author Nightfish) has maxed RS, SM, CE and optional maxing skelly mage and +5 revive or so. Wherase a summoner maxing all summmons including revives (as I know). IMO fishymancer is the best you can read the guide for more details in the strategy compendium.
  5. Bahamut

Bahamut IncGamers Member

Ahh... so I guess I am somehow on my own... I am not exactly a CE fan... dunno why.

So Blood, Iron and Fire Golems are not really worth it? I wanted to go for Fire Golem... I am just concerned about their survival in NM and Hell
  6. corax

corax IncGamers Member

all the golems survive just fine if you max them and mastery. they all survive fine when surrounded by skellies anyway. so if you wantedanother one go for it. although a fire golem wont benefit from your amp curse so a clay for slow or an iron golem made out of a crushing blow weapon would be better options
  7. Bahamut

Bahamut IncGamers Member

Thanks guys... I have checked the guide... it seems that CE is a support spell and not exactly your main beef on murdering the monsters... still looks positive for my build... so far I have been doing the right thing...

Iron Golem disappears also when you save and exit? Or they stay in the game?
  8. corax

corax IncGamers Member

generally iron golems stay with ya between games but ive seen a couple just dissapear for no reason. thats only happened 2-3 times though out of all the times ive used an iron golem
  9. Bahamut

Bahamut IncGamers Member

So an Iron Golem looks good then... :)

Yep thanks corax :D
  10. Milamber

Milamber Banned

Your skellies will be doing most of your damage for you, and CE is your mopping up skill.

If you where to use mages, then I would assume you would also have to invest in Lower Resist for them to be really effective...and this will negate either Amp Dam or Decrepify for your melee bones.

I would leave mages alone.

Might merc is your friend, and will help your Skeletons kill (however don't equip his with a Reaper's Toll as the Decrepify on it will override your own curses)
  11. Bahamut

Bahamut IncGamers Member

Yes you have convinced me Mil not to use magi. Thanks :D

I really appreciate it :thumbsup:
  12. Milamber

Milamber Banned

:D Your next build could be a Lord of Mages where the little bones get to throw coloured pixels at your enemies! ;)

Good luck! :thumbsup:
  13. Bahamut

Bahamut IncGamers Member

Yes... I would... but I don't have too much time in my hands... and I have to study and all. Hahaha :D

I make my skellies drink milk and shower them with toothpaste. ;)
  14. Milamber

Milamber Banned

When did study ever stop Strijdje? :teeth:

*eagerly awaits DoOm* ^^
  15. Bahamut

Bahamut IncGamers Member

Ahh you have a point... Hmmm Nercos are fun to play with in 1.10 it seems... Bonemancers are just plain boring in the beginning... I might just max out magi hahaha! :)
  16. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

my Fishy uses his 5 magi (all from +skills exact the prereq 1). they aren't as tough as skellies and not as effective, but they are 5 extra meat shields as well as adding some elemental damage. more often then not, there is no reason not to use them.
  17. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

I dread to think how slow you'll be killing stuff in Hell without Corpse Explosion. You'll still probably be perfectly safe without it (although some stuff in Acts 4 and 5 will give you a run for your money!), but you'd be amazed how much faster you can clear groups of monsters using it.
  18. Razz.NL

Razz.NL IncGamers Member

I did notice that when I killed monsters with Corpse Explosion they dropped way less items (not even a potion or something), or nothing.
    Is this just bad luck or is there a reason for this?
  19. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

even though theyre timered, I find revives more useful than magi. if you're having trouble with a boss or ancients, go pick up some maulers/yeti's/woodie's and they deliver a much better bruisin then the magi.
  20. Bahamut

Bahamut IncGamers Member

HBeachBabe and factotum: Well you're right, but then when I checked their damages when maxed (considering I have a LOT of + skills) they can very potent. Although you'd have a hard time finding yourself amidst all the carnage... :)

factotum, I plan on using P8 all the way anyway (not perhaps if even I reach the MF stage). Will CE still help when I think I am doomed to be in for a loooong and boring ride in Hell?

vajurewi: Yes, I will chip in in the Revive skill... I will figure out how it works by then hehehe ;)

Razz.NL: The items got burned? Hehehe I think you just got unlucky there ;)