Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Andariel Drop Bug

Discussion in '1.13 Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Sessily, Feb 21, 2004. | Replies: 93 | Views: 16037

1. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Andariel Drop Bug

Can someone briefly explain the bug pertaining to Andariel's first drop being reset after doing .. what?
  2. Rex

Rex Banned

After going to act 2
  3. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Come on.. you can do it..
  4. flabergaster

flabergaster IncGamers Member

Talk to warriv or any NPC in act 1 and its reset.
  5. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Do I just click on their names or do I actually have to talk to them (via gossip/introduction) and/or wait until their finished?
  6. Slayer193

Slayer193 IncGamers Member

You're pathetic.
  7. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Piss off, I'm only getting the facts straight before I go waste hours trying something that doesn't even exist.

Once more, I question your motives for even posting that. Clearly, trying to incite an argument with a one-liner that doesn't add anything to the thread. Go home child, you're done here.
  8. Slayer193

Last time I checked, this forum was used for REPORTING BUGS, not asking for ways to exploit.
  9. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

calm down slayer. There are plenty of posts here asking ABOUT bugs, since most of the bugs have already been discovered. and let me ask you, did you use guided arrow on a zon in 09 with even 1 point into pierce? Techinically that was a bug...

Sessily. i think the bug you are mentioning has something to do with andy dropping like the quest kill if you talk to a certain npc first (i forget which one now). Be aware that is this a SUSPECTED bug and hasnt really been proven yet
  10. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

The way its been known to work, is after you get her quest, and talk to warriv, she is reset. Thus, when you kill her again she will drop items like its your first time (ie-dropping better items than normal). I've heard you dont even need to wear mf when you kill her as she automatically drops nice things (rares, sets, uniques) everytime.

I see no way around this bug, so you might as well take advantage of andariels giving nature.
  11. Slayer193

Sure I used it but I didnt come on on here asking for it.
  12. moi

moi IncGamers Member

wth? Its quite easy to demonstrate. She will never drop a magical item that isnt a failed set with her quest drop. If you can get andariel, after going to act 2, to drop a magic item which there exists a set version of that she would be able to drop, than the bug is there. otherwise, it isnt. You people make things too hard sometimes.

I can't comment whether the bug is actually there or not, since I play single player, and they may have patched it on bnet. But in SP it's there all right.
  13. ScruffyhawkIII

ScruffyhawkIII IncGamers Member

you just click on kashya or whatever once, just once, so that the dialogue option tree appears, thats all
  14. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

i personally dont' think this "bug" works

i've tried talking to the npc, and not, and done hundreds of runs each way, i have found good things either way
    its all LUCK!
  15. Mistress

Mistress IncGamers Member

I read this thread and clicked on Kashya once and bam a SOJ dropped. Don't know if this played a factor but I know I'm clicking her every run now.

Mistress
  16. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

luck, ive found an soj on her also, and 2 bul kathos, i might have talked to an npc on one of those runs, maybe
    mf= LUCK ONLY
  17. D'Shay

D'Shay IncGamers Member

i tried if for 15 runs and only had one ring drop the entire time, it was a cathans LOL

i have better luck with pit runs
  18. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

You dont quite understand. You dont need to click an npc every run, its when you first kill andariel for the quest, and talk to warriv (or anyone else) after that quest, that she resets for good. She will always drop rares/sets/uniques (or failed sets/uniques) every single time you kill her after that, regardless of mf.

You can easily see this, she will NEVER drop a scroll/potion/gold/normal items/magical items (that arent failed). Tho it seems sometimes she'll drop runes/gems still.
  19. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Well - it isn't present in my game as I'm still getting shitty magic items form her.
  20. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Check the magic items, if they have double the normal durability, its called a failed set item.

Only items you cant check for this are throwing weapons and bows/xbows.

But you can assume these are failed sets too, as all magic items that you can check, i have, and they are all double.