Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

An Open Letter to Mr. Robert A. Kotick

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by permaximum, Apr 11, 2012. | Replies: 40 | Views: 3182

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. permaximum

permaximum Banned

An Open Letter to Mr. Robert A. Kotick

Dear Mr. Kotick,

I'm a small businessman and a follower of your huge success in profit maximization in the Entertainment Industry. It speaks for itself that there are followers of your success in a Euroasian developing country.

Recently, I've been analysing Activision Blizzard's video games in development and tried to make predictions about potential success, net profit and their rough effect on ATVI stocks. One particular PC/Mac game - Diablo III - took my attention. It's set to be released in May 15th, 2012. I should mention that I've played Diablo and Diablo II before and since 2011, I've been waiting for the third installment in the franchise. However, information about the development of the game made me worry about the outcome. It looks the game had been in development since 2000 and after a long time the project was restarted for some reason in 2005 with a different development team in charge. Fortunately, new development started quickly but it appears it took even more than 5 years - 7 years to be exact - to deliver the final product. 12 years of development to release a new game in a very popular franchise didn't sound acceptable to me. Especially if there's a general consensus that "Diablo" title alone such as "Call of Duty" makes a game hugely profitable regardless of the game's high quality.

I don't know the details about your authorization over Blizzard Studio after Activision's merge with Vivendi. However, I'm certain this situation doesn't look good for Activison Blizzard, it's investors and the followers of your success in the industry. Hopefully Diablo III will be a huge profit for the company although a quick search for the game informed me about serious critiques and risky decisions that were made in the making of the game such as taking very different paths from the proven successful formula of the previous games. I feel if Diablo III won't bring considerable net profit to Activision Blizzard after 12 years of development and huge costs, immediate actions have to be made to ensure this situation won't occur in the future and Activision Blizzard's appeal to investors won't take any more damage. These actions may include proper adjustments to Blizzard Studio's management and development teams in the studio.

As a big follower of you and your view on the Entertainment Industry, I have no doubt that you'll take the necessary steps following Diablo III's outcome. I wish even more succesful years for you and Activision Blizzard.

Best Regards,
    Permaximum
  2. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

Re: An Open Letter to Mr. Robert A. Kotick

Epic. Just epic. I hope he responds.
  3. mr punk

mr punk IncGamers Member

lol...nice job:thumbup:
  4. Wildmoon

Wildmoon IncGamers Member

5. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

Just buy shares. I don't think fans get much say in who get's fired and who doesn't.
  6. Moradon

Moradon IncGamers Member

Dear Mr. permaximum,

Who the **** are you?

Best Regards,
    Robert Kotick
  7. Hyliangod

Hyliangod IncGamers Member

That would be Best Regards Robert Koticks Secretaries secretary.
  8. marshmallow

marshmallow IncGamers Member

I wonder where Diablo 3 goes on the all time most expensive game development cycles list.
  9. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

Good question. I don't think it's that expensive game to produce even it took this long. not super much content nor cutting edge graphics or physics or anything like that. Probably expensive due the long cycle, but not that expensive in the end.
  10. jwfcp

jwfcp IncGamers Member

cmon, if you're gonna troll at least make it interesting, this was just a long, dry, bland call for everyone to hop up and say "its done when its done, lol"
  11. Vorador

Vorador IncGamers Member

bla bla bla bla bla
  12. Sir Mister

Sir Mister IncGamers Member

I like how no one actually is replying to him, just basically *****ing about the fact that they have no reply to his statements. Stay classy, Seattle. Also, Permaxium, I agree. Sometimes the only way to save the things we love is to shake things up. Perhaps the only way Blizzard will get their **** together is if the people responsible for guiding them in this direction are no longer there. As they haven't released a product I've been enthusiastic about since WoW and their failure to launch Ghost, I know the issue is more than Kotick, it was around before he was. He might need to go as well, though, before things change for the better.
  13. Soval

Soval IncGamers Member

LOL "I don't know anything about your development process or how you run your business, but I have an opinion about it anyway!"

Yeah, that'll work...
  14. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

'Dear Mr Emperor,

sir, I find your policy of Total Termination regarding the loyal Gungan tribes alarming and, frankly, more than slightly unacceptable ... may I perhaps suggest you replace some of your troopers with more scrupulous or at least inaccurate ones? BR, Jar-Jar Binks'

That's the vibe I get, but hey, keep on posting in a free world. :cloud9::scratchchin: (Judging by the movies, he did grant that second wish :scratchchin:)
  15. nSin

nSin IncGamers Member

If that were true then PvP would be in the game..

16. Wildmoon

Wildmoon IncGamers Member

Because noone knows how to respond to something like this. It's certainly not serious.

17. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

Don't underestimate Kotick's wits.

He'll have no problems reading between the lines.
  18. Dahmer

Dahmer IncGamers Member

Last time I read this much bull****.....was a long long time ago when I was forced to read something in the bible.
  19. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

my bet would be fairly high up in the listings

my question would be, how much of the money could have been saved by removing needless things (bash?) what if they didnt start hyping the game so damn early?

20. twinkiewinkie

twinkiewinkie IncGamers Member

It's because there's nothing to respond to.

A known troll who does nothing but consistently and baselessly ***** about D3 posts a troll letter that he probably didn't actually send and which we'll never see the follow-up for, which doesn't actually affirm or prove any of the aforementioned troll's stance?

When said troll actually has a good argument to be made against the current direction of D3 (he doesn't), then we'll have something to respond to. Until then, what are we supposed to say? "Good job Permaximum, you can make unsubstantiated claims about the game's design and uninformed predictions about the game doing poorly!"

I think a more suitable reply might be, "Desperation is a stinky cologne, Permaximum."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.