Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

An odd problem

Discussion in '1.13 Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Sesshiroth, May 31, 2007. | Replies: 4 | Views: 817

1. Sesshiroth

Sesshiroth IncGamers Member

An odd problem

I checked around the bugs section and found things very similar to my problem, but they were different as well. Every time I start the game, click bnet, and enter my user and pass, its fine. But as soon as I choose a character the loading dealy stays there for about 6 minutes, then either it boots me and says that im using my account, or it goes to the main page. If it does succeed, it will disconnect me if I click on chat, i cannot view my friends list or use any of the friends options, I appear offline to them, and as soon as I save and exit, I get booted and it says that my account is being used by myself. I have tried turning off the firewall, reinstalling the game, using a cd image of the game, and burning the game onto a clean cd, but so far i have had no luck. I stopped playing D2 a while ago, but it was working fine then. If anyone has any suggestions or answers, please post them. Thank you.
  2. JME

JME IncGamers Member

Well I'll start with the "do you use hacks/cheats/mods/3rd party programs?" question.

It is probably just your computer lagging you out in some way and battlenet not realizing you aren't there anymore for a few minutes so it says your account is being used by you. This is similar to when you get lagged out of a game and you can't access that particular character for ~5 minutes for the same reason.

However, the /f list problem sounds like someone else is actually on your account before you. Whenever I have two comps on at once I can get a similar problem with my friends not being able to hear me because of the way battlenet handles one account twice at the same time. In addition, any two characters from the same account can't enter the chat room at the same time (they can enter the same game, but one must pick the character, make game, pick other character, enter). Simply put, you may have been hacked. Try it with a new account and character just for kicks....I doubt a new one could get hacked so fast.

3. Sesshiroth

Sesshiroth IncGamers Member

I dont believe in using third party software and dont use any hacks or cheats of any sort. I tried to do the new account thing and it didnt work either. Im going to install my game on someone elses computer, then ill see if its my computer or the cd's messing up.
  4. bloodngore

bloodngore IncGamers Member

hmmm. interesting, from my experience i would have to say it's what jme said, about sum1 else using your acct as me and cousin dealt with this when we shared accts, but if u tried a new acct then im not sure what it would be, and if you were hacked i doubt the person would leave the pw the same so that is ruled out. when u figure this out please repost as im now curious
  5. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

looks like your isp or someone is blocking some ports, common if your in a dorm, school or apartment