Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Amazon Pre-order UPS or USPS

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by jatna, May 2, 2012. | Replies: 20 | Views: 957

1. jatna

jatna IncGamers Member

Amazon Pre-order UPS or USPS

Does anyone know which carrier Amazon will use to deliver pre-orders in the US: UPS or USPS?
  2. KaiserDiablo

KaiserDiablo IncGamers Member

Re: Amazon Pre-order UPS or USPS

Pretty sure they either use UPS or FedEx.

3. Hokuto no Ken

Hokuto no Ken IncGamers Member

or you might end up with a local Independent company
  4. Taerix

Taerix IncGamers Member

Why not just buy directly from Blizzard? As far as I know it's the same price and you get it immediately. Is there a downside?
  5. Amarules

Amarules IncGamers Member

he might just want a hard copy?...

And if its like EU pricing the digital download is significantly more expensive (roughly 1/3rd more).

6. Andy2702

Andy2702 IncGamers Member

You get to play ~20 minutes earlier with a hard copy.
  7. Berwulf

Berwulf IncGamers Member

Its 60€ in EU pricing directly from blizzard, thats 80$.. Bought mine from a retailer for 39€
  8. Amarules

Amarules IncGamers Member

Say huh? They said installing from disc or decrypting take roughly the same time. And unless your peorder is lucky to arrive on the 14th you have to go to a midnight launch or wait for the postie on the 15th. Meanwhile digital copy players are ballz deep in demon blood.
  9. Andy2702

Andy2702 IncGamers Member

Oh, I thought the majority of hard copy pre-orders arrived on the 14th, available for pickup...?

10. DexA

DexA IncGamers Member

Happy to live in germany as a gamer. The country is so small that amazon is always able to deliver my games at least 1 day before release. Had my copy of SC2 lying around for 4 days before i could play it. But that can be even more unnerving. But the best experience i had with game deliveries was with Modern Warfare 2. I was just about to wake up as the mailman rang the bell, so i was happy right from the beginning of that day and didt have to wait either way. Tho getting my D3 CE before release wouldnt be bad at all.
  11. Namik

Namik IncGamers Member

60Euro from Blizzard shop vs 36Euro from where I bought... hmmm.

12. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

I'm getting mine from Amazon.de
    Probably very late on the 15th or sometime on the 16th.

But I've pre-loaded the game and will install it/download the patch as soon as the servers go live in EU.
  13. WhiteGiant

WhiteGiant IncGamers Member

me 2 just hope for the best :p In the end amazon actually keeps a tight schedule especially for preorders ; well an DHL and Deutsche Post aren't exactly shabby either ; iam confident that i'll receive my package @ 15th.

14. Taerix

Taerix IncGamers Member

Ahh in US all prices I found were exactly the same. Blizz is really charging 60 euros for it? That's how much it is in measly US dollars...

Good choice then =)

15. Muggs

Muggs Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

Amazon has started to use a mix of Fed-ex/USPS or what is called fed-ex smartpost. It is where Fed-ex deliverers to your post office and the post office delivers to your home. From my personal experience this is a awful system since my local USPS are as inept as they come. I am an amazon prime member and I get free 2day shipping and every time that they have used this smarpost system I have had to contact amazon for a 2nd shipment with my main shipment either never getting to me or my main shipment getting there up to 2weeks late. I already asked them if the CE would be coming via UPS or Smartpost and they said they evaluate each shipment and choose the best route at the time and there is no way to demand a shipment type.
    I have raised hell with them in the past over this and they have always sent me a replacement but my fear is if they do this I will not have one available for something like the CE. My only hope is that it gets sent via UPS since I have never had an issue with them.
  16. jatna

jatna IncGamers Member

Muggs my USPS carrier sucks too, that is why I asked this question. :wink:
  17. NewNeo

NewNeo IncGamers Member

I live in the US and order a lot of stuff from Amazon. Almost always it is delivered by UPS. I imagine this could be different in other countries however.

I think they should just ship the games now. No matter when we get the game we are still going to be limited by the servers not being online, so what is the point of Blizzard making them wait until the "release date". Hoping to get the box on the 14th, but I'm not holding my breath.
  18. fnwc

fnwc IncGamers Member

I have a question about Amazon release date deliveries.

Does this mean that you get the game *on* the day of release (say noon on May 15th)? Or would you get it beforehand for certain games that can only be played when the servers are up, like Diablo 3?

I'd like to order from Amazon but for certain games I wouldn't want to miss the ability to play on midnight.
  19. Muggs

Muggs Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

It technically it means that you will get it the date of delivery. Of the last 5 preorders I had 3 games delivered the day before release one came 2 days before release and the final one came the day of release. I have noticed it has a lot to do when the release date is and delivery schedules to your area from their distribution center sending it to you. Or that is what I speculate anyway.

If you are not getting a CE the digital DL is your best bet for a guarantee of midnight play but for those of us who pre-ordered the CE our options are more limited.

20. chriscowart

chriscowart IncGamers Member

Source?

It's my understanding that no matter how soon you have the game installed, you'll still have to wait for it to "unlock", i.e. we all play at the same time, depending on region of course.