Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Amazing Mf Meteorb Sorc Build

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Camintoi, Jan 4, 2007. | Replies: 31 | Views: 33620

1. Camintoi

Camintoi IncGamers Member

Amazing Mf Meteorb Sorc Build

Ok. After much thinking and asking questions I think I have come up with an amazing Mf sorceress build capable of handling hell solo. First of all it will be a meteorb sorceress and for most people I will plan the endgame to be at clvl 90. Therefore there is 460 stat points and 101 skill points. It will be expensive in terms of items but who said building a perfect mf sorc wouldn’t be?
    For the skills it goes like:

Frozen Orb 20
    Prereqs 5
    Cold Mastery 8

Meteor 20
    Fire Ball 20
    Prereqs 4
    Warmth 1
    Fire Mastery 20

Static Field 1
    Teleport 1
    Prereqs 1

And for the stats it goes like:
    Strength: 156 – For spirit monarch. Or you could be risky and put 119 and rely on +Strength items that you will be using
    Vit – 304 which is the rest.
    Dex – Maybe just enough to use hoto or none and rely on +dex items. You could use max block but I thought about it and decided it would be anal getting faster cast rate up to 105 and a good resistance.
    Energy – None

For the items it goes like this
    Helm – Shako with p topaz
    Amulet – Mara – Assume it has 25 resistance
    Armor - Chains of honor
    Weapon – Heart of the oak assume 35 to all res
    Shield – Spirit assume with 30% fcr
    WEAPON SWITCH – For poorer people gull and rhyme and ideally 2x isted alibaba and 4x isted monarch
    Belt – Arachnids
    Rings – 2x soj
    Gloves – Magefist
    Boots – War travlers assume 45 mf

Charms: 5x 7 mf sc. Ideally Hellfire torch assume with 15 res and ahhnilias charm.

With this build you get: 14 + skills. With both of the ideal charms that’s 18 + skills way more than enough. You also get 110% faster cast rate and 155 to all resistance’s. Mf is a little weak at 304% but that’s good enough.
  2. taiga

taiga IncGamers Member

Ummmm.... Is this any different from a standart meteorb sorc?
  3. PlayWithHonor

PlayWithHonor IncGamers Member

Nope... pretty standard.
  4. yelopen

yelopen IncGamers Member

Same build that everyone uses.
  5. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

Standard build will use Tal Set though, which is so much better than all-unique gears, especially for MF'ing.
  6. Camintoi

Why is that???? You get less + skills and just more mf...

7. taiga

taiga IncGamers Member

Because it is the ultimate balance between damage, Mf and survivability :wink2:

8. Lowgat

Lowgat IncGamers Member

The cookie cutter MF build is split and either uses all Tal or partial Tal. A max damage Meteorb build will use other gear.

Meteorb is primarily a PvM MF build. In PVM is doesn't make much of a difference if your meteor does 10k damage (pretty easy to achieve with full Tal) or max damage or if your orb is doing 500 or 900. Essentially you're killing the monsters so freakin' quick with max skills it's pointless.

So you take off the +skill stuff and put on the MF stuff. You're still killing guys so fast you can get restricted do repeat MF runs on Meph but you're getting 300% more MF.

I don't think I'd consider meteorb for anything other than MFing.
  9. Lowgat

Lowgat IncGamers Member

I'm sure there are some Fishy necros, Wind druids, and Hammerdins that would argue with you but I definitely like my Meteorb... Heck she found me some 3/20 Zon gloves, a 35 Travelers, and a +2/20str Marrowalks yesterday in the span of an hour. Hard to argue with results like that. :wink3:

10. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

Read the truth about Tal's set. That extra +skills from uniques don't mean higher damage.

11. Lowgat

Lowgat IncGamers Member

That thread is just detailing partial v. full tals set.

Pretty sure you can get significantly higher damage using uniques/facets although the above (using a Tal'd shako and a HoTO) probably isn't the best way to get it. A faceted Nightwing, a faceted Eschuta, and a 20/20 monarch would probably get your more real damage (tho you might have to swap out the CoH for a viper magi to keep her over 65 FCR). I just don't see the point. It takes about a minute on single player to kill Baal with the full tal set and static. It's really not worth the investment to kill him 20 seconds faster with 200 less MF. ;)

12. Camintoi

Yo i don't care about the 65 extra mf. I'd rather carry some charms or something. If i carried all those uniques instead or have lower mf wouldn't i kill faster and survive better? Having a high mf is overemphasized. I like it around 300 that's good enough for me, that seems to get me the most unique drop from meph. How does tals have better surviveability? If you replace armor, ammy, and belt with coh, arach, and mara you get more + skill which i tend to like, more resistances, and more faster cast. So how can you argue with that? With partial tals you get like 65 mf and a bunch of other things that don't match up to uniques and runewords...

13. Camintoi

I cant get my head around the idea. So your saying for PVM full tals set is better than ANY combination of items?? Can you still get 105 FCR, good resistances, decent mf (Without carrying charms), and good life an mana using tals?? How does tals do higher dmg if it has less + skills?? MF aside whats better uniqes and runewords? Or full tals?+ If you had coh, arachnids, maras, hoto, spirit runeword shield, 2x sojs, mage fist, and war travs you would be worse off than if you had the full tals set?? How the hell does that work?? I think he should have substituted for EVERYTHING in the tals set to see which does more damage. He just switched 2 things and he would lose all the bonuses of course...

14. th5418

th5418 Banned

What is so amazing about this build?
  15. Camintoi

Nothing really, i just wanted people to come and see if it was alright...
  16. Lowgat

Lowgat IncGamers Member

Yes and it's pretty cheap. Make sure you're looking at all the bonuses from Tals and not just the full set. When you're wearing the full set you get 50% FCR just from the set pieces (10 from the ammy/armor/belt and 20 from the orb). Put on a 35 spirit and magefists and you have the 105 breakpoint. If you can't afford a 35 then you can go with a 25 and a single FCR ring to hit 105. That's my baal run setup.

The full set comes pretty close to maxing your resists and you can get more resists out of your shield and charms until you get a torch/anni.

Yes. If you pTopaz the helm and armor your set has between 211 and 216 (depending on your belt) MF w/o any charms. And since none of your magic find comes from the full set bonus or the orb you can weapon switch to a rhyme/gull (cheap) or 4ist monarch/2 ist ali baba (NOT cheap) to get your big MF boost on slivered bosses.

w/o charms.

Tals doesn't just have good life/mana it also has life mana bonuses that are affected by BO. Remember 'per c/lvl' bonuses, vitality bonuses, and energy bonuses are -not- affected. Only +life or +mana is affected by BO. So it gives you the right type of life/mana.

Well it does give you plenty of +skills so you're not losing much (especially if you're using a Spirit). The main hidden bonus is that it that the orb gives you -15 fire/cold/lite resistance to enemies when wearing the complete set.

If you want more dmg and less mf then socket your armor/orb/helm with facets.

Well that's a completely different question. No one claims that Tals is the way to go to make the most powerful Meteorb in the history of the realm.

The point of Tals is that it is the most balanced set in the game. It gives you great damage, great mf, and great survivability.

You can use an isted shako, a blue mf amulet, two blue mf rings, an isted Skullders, a 6 isted phase blade, war travelers, chance guards, and a 4 isted monarch to max out your MF but you'll die. You can use your above setup to max out your damage but you aren't going to find anything because your MF is so low. You can even swap out a bunch of that gear for better survivability gear with fhr/life/vit/dr/etc. to become a tank.

Tals gives you a good balance and since the meteorb is mainly a balanced build (as opposed to 200fcr fire sorcs, max dmg lite sorcs, max dmg blizz sorcs, etc.) it works out well for meteorbs.

17. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

It seems that you either didn't read the "truth about Tal's set" carefully, or underestimated the power of lower enemy resist from Tal's orb. Anyway, I don't have time to do a full comparison for you, but just to point out an obvious mistake in your calculation:
    Your main argument is that all-unique setup gives more +skills, which is true. And it gives 4 more skills than full tal set to be precise.
    You said you prefer around 300MF, yet the only three things giving MF in your full-unique setup are Shako (50MF), CoH (25MF) and War Trav (up to 50MF if you can get one), which give a maximum of 125MF. That means you'll need 175MF from charms, or 135MF from 7mfsc's in addition to a 40MF Gheed. That's about 20 7mfsc's or half of your inventory.
    In comparison, full tal set gives 168MF alone, so with War trav and Gheed, you get 258MF, and you only need 6 more 7mfsc's to reach 300MF. The difference is that you can put cold/fire skillers in the freed up spaces. In a conservative setup, you can put 2 cold skillers and 2 fire skillers, which narrows the difference between all-unique setup and full tal set to only 2 skill levels. Then if you read the "truth about tal set", you'll know that the +dmg and -enemy resist from Tal Orb can offset the 2 skill levels easily.
    You may also argue that you can socket your uniques with Ist's to free up inventory spaces for skillers, but you can socket full tal set with facets to counter that too.
    So overall, the 4 extra skill levels from all-unique setup are not as useful as you expected.
  18. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

eargh, what a spectacularly horrible choice of armour.

CoH is GfG for a Javazon and a very poor second best (often third, fourth or fifth best) for EVERYONE else.

3-bits-of-Tals or a Skullders > CoH for an MF sorc. a decent Viper > ALL OTHER ARMOUR for any non-mf sorc. hell, shove a ptopaz in it and use on an MF sorc if you really want (i would if i didn't already have a godly 4ptopaz Dusk shroud on mah mf blizzy, and if i actually MF'd anymore, which i don't)

i'm with the guys here who are preaching the virtues of Tals'. it really is one of, if not THE, best sets in the whole game (cheap as chips too). a Tals meteorb sorc that CAN'T solo all of hell is a Tals Sorc in the hands of a noob.

19. Megafusion

Megafusion IncGamers Member

actually a blizzard sorc, can survive about the same with non-tals, including shako, wizspike, spirit, and skullders... Its just the style that you play which effects your survivability..

20. Megafusion

Megafusion IncGamers Member

what armor do you use if your missing resistances, i think this is the best possible armor, +2 to skillz, 65 resists, and you even have 25mf... Tals set is the best and most useful set in the game. You dont see as many full tals people as nething else. So agreed upon that..