Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Alternative to WW for Barbarian ?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by robinnerf, May 16, 2013. | Replies: 5 | Views: 1966

1. robinnerf

robinnerf IncGamers Member

Just lost my WW Barbarian 60(15) after 33h played by DC. Apparently I died by Plague Carrier....
    It sucks, as usual, after spending money and time, but it's just to start over again ;)

This was my first WW barb. (At HC)
    And I'm now leveling a new Barb, but when I have reached level 60, what other specs can I use to be more safe ? Another form of gear as WW barb or another build(skills) ? What is popular by barbs ? HOTA ? (Dont know what skills or gear ot use).

I play alot in team, but this time I was playing solo. (And I want to play solo sometimes, and I then love WW for the efficiency.).

Regards / Nerf#2893
  2. Seife

Seife IncGamers Member

Frenzy Revenge Rend Battle Rage.
  3. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

UNfortunately SC builds -Ie WW dont work well in HC mode ... I use a build more suited for HC play IMO ////

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/H.../hero/31171699

My barb which is fairly similiar except I have more paragon levels can handle MP1 pretty easily.. Id definately say stay in act 1 till you get some levels but Act 1 and 2 are the best act anyways for Exp in the new patch. They Nerfed the scorpions in act 3 of all Exp but act4 is a lot tougher and should be avoided until you gain a few Paragon levels..

I tried the WW build around level 10 paragon and found it unsafe for my liking - to each his own ... And Id use a shield in HC just because the Dps is nice but resists are nicer.. If you hit a nasty pack it might hurt and u cant do anything if you take a dirt nap....

IMO of course.... ​
  4. oOmpie

oOmpie IncGamers Member

I won't claim to be as effective as a WW barb, but my current setup works well. It's just the basic HC sword/board starter's barb setup afaik. I run MP2 solo easily with reasonable clearing speed and can tag along on MP's up to 6.

Build and character can be found on b.net:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/o0mpie-2478/hero/25416210
  5. robinnerf

robinnerf IncGamers Member

I can see that some Barbarians on this forum use the build you guys are talking about with Frenzy, Rend, Revenge, War Cry, WOTB (+ one skill more), but I cant see how this can be efficient ? How do you play it ? And why Insanity on WOTB ? Isent Thrive On Choas a better option with some Critical Hit Chance on gear ?
  6. oOmpie

oOmpie IncGamers Member

Maybe I can now, but cretainly when starting up there is no way you are going to be able to keep up Thrive permanently.

Basically you need WotB to take down elite packs and for that Insanity works great. Once you do enough damage, Rend w/ Ravage can take down mobs fairly well. And efficiency comes on more than one way: you're not very efficient when rebuilding, so staying alive tends to be more important than on softcore.

The way I polay my toon:
    warcry whenever it comes off cooldown.
    mob: walk/leap into mob, rend, frenzy... pop revenge when ever it activates. Especially with the bigger white mobs two revenge procs usually eliminates the entire pack on MP1. When hitting 5 stacks on Frenzy I usually Rend again, since iirc it benefits from the dmg increase Frenzy/Maniac provides.

Elite pack: check mods, usually simply walk in (DON'T Leap... you want to be able to leap out when the poop encounters the windmaker), pop WotB and go to town.

That's about it...