Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Alienware M18x R2

Discussion in 'Tech Support for Diablo 3, Battle.Net & Systems' started by endo, Apr 26, 2012. | Replies: 4 | Views: 1741

1. endo

endo IncGamers Member

Alienware M18x R2

Will the upcoming M18x R2 with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 675m run D3 well?
    I would just like to know if the 675m will be supported, I don't see it listed.
    If I plan on spending 2,500 dollars on a computer I'd like to know how well it'll run Diablo 3.

Thanks ahead of time guys. :)

PS : If you haven't looked over the m18 specs they have it on the alienware page when you go to build it.
    If you guys have any specific builds you'd recommend let me know.
  2. beltt

beltt IncGamers Member

Re: Alienware M18x R2

Dude... Its one of Nvidias newest mobile GPUs.... If D3 is the only game you are going to play you can max it out with a laptop worth half of yours.......................

Regards Beltt
  3. Tilitoon

Tilitoon IncGamers Member

Nope sorry it won't work, Diablo himself will be scared of that GPU and will refuse to launch.
  4. darkstarhub

darkstarhub IncGamers Member

I was looking into an Alienware, and Tilitoon pointed me towards the MSI gaming laptops. They are very comparable and definitely worth looking into, at least for comparison purposes. The Alienware's just cost much, but then again, the MSI laptops aren't cheap either.
  5. Tilitoon

Tilitoon IncGamers Member

You might also want to check out Samsung Series 7 gaming laptops. It has an AMD Radeon HD 6750M which should be good enough to run DIII @ high, for a decent price. They also have the 700G7A, which is equipped with a 6970M, so this would be a serious competitor to the other MSI / ASUS / AlienWare high-end models.