Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

After a long hiatus... starting to play again!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Kornkills, Dec 10, 2012. | Replies: 37 | Views: 2559

1. Kornkills

Kornkills IncGamers Member

I have finally started to play (and enjoy) D3 again. A mixture of things led me to go back to WoW, however, I am finally ready to spend a few hours a day tackling my goal from launch: Killing Diablo in Inferno with a monk.

A couple of things that I have noticed in the 4 or 5 months that I haven't been playing:
    -/players X is amazing Currently lvl54 with some twink gear and had little issue with the jar of soul event in hell with MP5. Looking foward to my next play at MP7.
    -The Ah is no longer the dismal array of 700dps rare weapons that it was... I've put together what I think will get my able to farm act1 inferno with 1 mill gold.
    -None of my old battle tag buddies are on :)
    -I think I saw a new mob in act1 (fields of misery)

And of course I have some questions
    What are these "keys" I keep hearing about?
    Other than paragon levels, any other major changes?

The couple hours that I have played recently were nice, and felt fresh. It may be that D3 has made some changes to add to the fun factor.
  2. fanstyg

fanstyg IncGamers Member

Wb. You are the one that got me into playing monks and i can say that ive fell in love with monks. Im on my 4:th now and he went all the way solo every quest and killed diablo inferno never went away from a fight (level 22 paragon now). The game is easier now than it was before. Every death will learn you something well except from DC:s ofcourse.

Could have been the keywarden in act 1 field of misery?

In short keys and plan:
    There are 3 keys to find and one Plan (Inferno only). You need NV 5 and you increase the chance of them dropping by upping your players X. Keywarden locations are as follows:
    Act 1 Fields of Misery (Key of Destruction)
    Act 2 Dahlgur Oasis (Key of Hate)
    Act 3 Stonefort (Key of terror)
    Act 4 Silver Spire Level 1 (Infernal Machine Blacksmithing plan) This one is only needed once.

Once your blacksmith learned the plan and you have the 3 keys he can construct the infernal machine for you for a fee of 12k.
    I havent found the plan as of yet. So i havent tried out fighting the überbosses. But there are 3 different pairs of bosses that you will encounter.
    King Leoric and Maghda
    Ghom and Rakanoth
    Siege breaker and Zoltan Kulle

These can drop organs so you can build your own Hellfire ring which dont have a level requirement. Which is good for HC where we start new chars fairly often.
  3. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

As with the Keywardens dropping keys, the Uber bosses also will not drop organ parts needed to make a Hellfire ring unless you have 5 NV stacks. The drop rates for keys and organ parts are 5% chance on MP0, 10% chance on MP1 and up incrementally 10% each increase in Monster Power that you start the game with, with MP10 being a 100% drop chance. The Uber Bosses have enrage, and the places you fight them you are trapped until you kill them. Just like in D2, if you open up all three portals in one game you are assured of getting each of the three different boss pairs, and a chance at each organ type drop.

Once you get into Inferno, progressing and farming is best done on MP0 for speed. The only reason to even play on higher MP is to increase your odds of getting key drops or organ drops. Note that MP1 bumps all monsters in Act I and Act II to lvl 63 so that difference is most noticeable in those acts. Of course by upping all the monsters to lvl 63 you increase the quality of their drops as well.

But the best farming and Paragon experience gain is to run Act III on MP0.
  4. Kornkills

I made it to level 60, and even PL1! Haven't made it to inferno yet, will do act 4 tomorrow most likely. I did a MP5 hell azmodan run with minimal drama, them hulking beast pack put up a fight but failed to kill me.

Glad my fanatic love of the monk class inspired you fantsyg, I hope to soon be joining you with a inferno D kill!

And that hellfire key and ubers and all that sounds really cool. Once I down Diablo that will be my next goal :) and hope to get a ring good for a wizard.. that will be my next class to pursue after monk.

my stats: (roughly 1.5mill spent)
    damage 14k
    hp 49k
    armor 4.1k
    all resist 933
    17% block
    10% crit :(
    0+ radius pick up (most annoying thing ever!)

act 1 inferno should be cake.... and act2 might be do-able... only time i was in act2 was with a monk 440 all resist back in may.

looking foward to the challenge!

oh ya skills

sweeping wind w/ blade storm (dont have enough crit chance for the tornados)
    blinding lash /w 4 second rune
    serenity with heal
    mantra convi w/ overawe (might change to evasion +armor in inferno)
    fight thunder + tele
    7 sided strike w/ tele + dmg

hope this works out!
  5. AlexanderBarin

AlexanderBarin Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Welcome back, I remember that you inspired me to keep pushing in Inferno back in the early days!
  6. Katniss

Katniss IncGamers Member

This is actually really refreshing to read. I've been super burned out on the game lately and have been considering shelving it, but seeing other people excited about it definitely adds to my own excitement. Welcome back and keep reporting about how it's going. And if you have more questions, please feel free to ask. Lots of knowledgeable people here having logged many many hours since you were last playing.
  7. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Welcome back :)

My 60(1) monk almost has the same stats as yours, killed the skeleton king last night. I wouldn't get cocky, I really rolled A4 Hell but I've already met one or two elite packs in A1 inferno which were quite nasty (I even had to use Serenity GASP ;-) ). My barb got killed in A1 before because I was overconfident, so stay on your toes..

I think you could do with some more damage, especially for A2. I'm currently doing 16k and I'd prefer a bit more for end of A1 actually.
  8. Kornkills

Well, turns out they are doing extended maintenance... how exciting!

I was just about to enter the halls of agony to slay the butcher. The only thrill so far in A1 was when I pulled 2 elite packs of the charging bulls at once, not sure what affixes, def had vortex jailer and arcane. That was a fun little skirmish. Other than that, a1 has been a joke.

The paragon system is awesome, not sure why I am so addicted to watching that exp bar fill up slowly :)

I am working on DPS upgrades, but I also want to give act2 a shot as soon as possible. No fear!

Also feel free to add me if looking for a monk to play with, hopefully soon I will pushing belail over and stepping into a3!
  9. Kornkills

So what you're saying is the best MF runs are in act3 on mp0? Like.. start a3 and go to what point? Killing azmodan?

What kind of dps should I be aiming for to MF in a3 or even mp1+ in a1/2? 25k? 30k?
  10. fanstyg

fanstyg IncGamers Member

I Killed Diablo Inferno with 20k dmg. A bit low for Act 3 and Act 4 champion packs but was doable. If going slow. My MF runs in Act 3 is as follows:
    Start the game with quest 6 Siegebreaker and sub quest kill the Siegebreaker.
    Run out from fort and do whole (light the beacons) this usually ends up with me having NV5. Keep on going and do the area after (with the catapults) heres the keywarden just make sure you have NV5 when killing the keywarden.
    After that i Jump to Breached keep level 1 and after that level 3. I skip level 2 as i dont want to meet the suicide bombers.
    Next Rakkis crossing. going backwards complete rakkis crossing and after that kill Siegebreaker and all the way down to Azmodan.
    Thats what I do in act 3.
  11. Kornkills

cool thanks for the info. I am just now entering the Forgotten Ruins in a2 now. Had 1 "iffy" moment so far, and had to leave the game another time. But I upped my dps to 19k now. Hopefully tonight I can spend some time working on Khule and testing the waters there ^^

edit: And also I have progressed farther than ever in inferno ^^ woot
  12. fanstyg

fanstyg IncGamers Member

Nice one. Keep it safe! Its usually when you feel confident the accident will come. The other day i thought my monk would die in act 3. I had farmed act 3 from paragon level 5 -22 in act 3 without being close to die. I had 2 close calls in the same game. REALLY close. My screen was all red.. First from a Bosspack in Keep level 3. Dont remember the name of the big bastards that can tear the doors down. They were Horde, Arcane, Fast and Cold. I just ran in without checking stats or position myself correct. I got cornered and it got nasty but i in the end i could walk out. :) The second time in the same game was some tower level Phasebeasts, same affixes as the other close call. This time was the closest in my Diablo 3 time that i could walk out of with my life intact. But I can say my heart was pumping. In the end it was SSS that saved my life. So i take it a bit slower nowdays when i see phasebeast with horde and those other turtles. :)

Heres my guy: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/zt0-2554/hero/21782520
  13. Kornkills

I am PL5 now, and I successfully killed belail. Kulle was def harder than belail was.

I decided to see what act 3 had in store for me. It had for me... some very tense moments. My monk is def not ready for act3. I scrapped by and lit all the beacons though. I noticed for sure I just do not have the DPS needed, as I beat helplessly on an even more helpless elite. I also do not have the livability to feel comfortable. I guess I will spend my time in a1/2 and collect gold... hopefully find something people actually want to buy. I keep wasting my gold on upgrading gems >.<

But I did find a legendary in act2, was very confused by the light that spawned on it. Gues I would of missed it if it wasnt there. Strongran whatever bracers. Checked the AH, and they are essentially worthless :) woot. Too bad they didn't have dex on them, I would of liked that 9% life bonus.

So for now, act1/2 I suppose until I get lucky and get rich, or grind hopelessly until I have gold to buy an upgrade to my weapon. If anyone wants a monk to play with hit me up!
  14. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Yes, they had me running like a girl once ^^

It's strange you can play for days without pany roblems and suddenlty encounter the wrong comination of elites/affixes that can kill you very quickly. Keeps the tension alive :)
  15. Kornkills

Update: PL10, still kicking ***. Act 1 is now an official joke. Going to see how act 2 is, last time I just didn't feel safe enough to farm it.

Made some huge equipment upgrades. Also decided to use a Life % gem in help since all the exp I get is void if I get murdered.

Stats

27k dps unbuffed
    16% block
    38% dodge unbuffed
    28% crit
    +200 crit damage
    5.1k armor
    814 resist
    47k hp
    673 life on hit

still no life regen gear... but 14 yards gold/globe pick up and 12% movement speed. Really want 24% movement speed... some day.

Hopefully act 2 is farmable, some time tonight I am going to try act3 first quest again and see how it feels since I have made significant livability upgrades since I was last there.

Still using blind <3 Might swap convict for evasion mantra for act3.
  16. fanstyg

fanstyg IncGamers Member

You should be able to farm act 3 pretty confidently with those stats.
  17. Kornkills

I read something about the removal on enrage timers, does that include bosses?

Just killed ghom in inferno, I made some gear/skill changes. 24k dps/67k hp/800 all res/6200 armor. Hoping to get 75k hp then start increasing dps again.
  18. Kornkills

tried to progress further. second catapult thing past the bridge got moshed by 2 elite packs, along with 15 or so extra mobs at first. all i know is there was vortex and arcane involved, and like 5 of those pestilice whatever things that make the crazy plague on the ground. started to kite... went the wrong direction and pulled was seemed like 20 more mobs. made it back to the WP and out of the game just fine... could of ended much worse.

will try again tonight lol... never seen that many monsters in one spot before ^^

edit: after a break, went back and finished a3! Hooray. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but may have had luck with the elites. There was at least 4 I had to kite around a bit for positioning, and def cannot tank them all yet. Was def fun. Don't realy want to do a4 yet :)
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  19. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

You've gut guts :) I started A2 but I'm not so sure I feel safe doing the rest of A2. It only takes one bad pack to end it all..

22k dps
    4.5k armor
    8xx resist (with MoH-ToN)
    46k hp
    500 LOH

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hippotion-2165/

And yes, that part with the catapults I always try to avoid pulling in too many packs, especially those pestilent @$%@# can be annoying as hell (erm inferno).
  20. Kornkills

Well, that monk is now dead. I was streaming though, and you can see where it all fell apart @40 mins.

http://www.twitch.tv/kornkills/b/348801990

Classic mistake of running into unexplored areas....

all i can do is laugh at how horrible I died.