Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Advice...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kazlinthebarb, May 18, 2007. | Replies: 6 | Views: 416

1. Kazlinthebarb

Kazlinthebarb IncGamers Member

Advice...

Well today has been the best Meph farming I have had yet. I found a Rainbow Facet. Its the 100% LvL up Frost Nova. Now that I have this cool little item it never occurred to me as to what people usually put it into.

So, thats my Q, what do you guys generally socket these into? The Toons I activly play are my MF Sorce. I dont think I want to oput it into her gear as most everything she has is MF or socketed with P Topaz's.

My next toon that I play would be my Titan Concentrator. I would think maybe this would go in an IK helm, but I would rather have the IAS stuffin there because I went with Axes.

I also have a summon Necro. His gear is all to +Skills. Hes just a baby yet though so maybe it could work here?

I toy around with a possible strafer to being I now have WWS. Sweet bow.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Maybe it will just sit in ATMA all pretty...

Also what is the better of the IAS Jewls? I have 15% IAS with so other junk mods but what would be good for my Titan. I have thought of Shaels to but I cant remember if the add the IAS in helms or not...

Much appreciated...:thumbsup:
    Kaz~
  2. silospen

silospen IncGamers Member

Um, the whole level up thing isn't the reason why you would use this.

It's the +/- damage/resistance. IE, use it on a char that uses that type of damage...
  3. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

I've considered loading up a suicide merc full of "on death" effects and see if he can one shot Baal by dieing.
  4. Kazlinthebarb

Now that would be something to see lol. I was just confused as to what to put it in to. Never had a neat item like this before.

Kaz~
  5. Eric Xanthu

Eric Xanthu IncGamers Member

Shael only adds IAS when placed in a weapon. To get off-weapon IAS in sockets, you must use jewels.

Rainbow facets range from +3/-3 to +5/-5, with any possible combination. Which statistic is more important is based on what you're using it for. With a cold facet on a sorc, you want a +5/-x because Cold Mastery already reduces enemy resistance by a mile and very few things enhance the damage of cold spells (the things that do are all rare to extremely rare--Tal's full set, Death's Fathom, Nightwing Veil). A lightning facet on a LFzon will put both stats to good use. A fire facet on a sorc is more for the -res than for the +dam.

Don't make the mistake of thinking these aren't useful for MF chars. Let's say you have a Skullder's Ire as your armor and Harlequin Crest as your helm. Yes, you could add topazes for another 48% MF, taking your MF from ~150 to ~200. But you could also pop in two cold facets and suddenly your blizzard does 10% more damage--a substantial increase when you already do 3-4k, especially since CM will double the final damage against most targets.

That's the theory...5/5 cold facets aren't exactly common, and maybe you need to use sockets for resists too. But that should give you some small idea of how to start thinking about them.
  6. Kazlinthebarb

That was very well explained. Thank you, I appreciate it. Skulder's would be nice to as that is one of the items that I am trying to farm meph for so I can replace my 4 P Topaz armor. I wanted to say that it is a 3/3 but I cant remember off the top of my head. I am still stoked that I actually found one. :jig:

Kaz~

7. Eric Xanthu

Eric Xanthu IncGamers Member

Yeah, you should be excited...my grail stash has over 300 uniques in it and I only have 2 facets. They don't grow on trees!