Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

account locked after moving?

Discussion in 'Tech Support for Diablo 3, Battle.Net & Systems' started by BRKO, Mar 30, 2013. | Replies: 2 | Views: 5177

1. BRKO

BRKO IncGamers Member

Guys,
    I have moved to a new flat, launched d3 and got "your account has been locked" and an email from noreply@battle.net saying this:

So I clicked on the Reset password thingy, answered the security question and got a new email
    which Im not sure is allright. Anybody can sent me an email which looks like its from Blizzard but I guess only Blizz can close my account...
    Is it really security issue as I have new IP adress and whatever or am I being scammed here?

Cheers
    BRKO
  2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

If you are unsure about an email, the best thing is to do "view full header" which should give you a better picture of the email.

That should tell you who it came from and what route it took to get to you. You can often spot "Blizzard clones" like that.

If you are unsure then don't click on any links from the email. Go to Blizzard's (or whoever's) site directly from a search window or by typing the url in manually, and go from there. That way you know you started off from the correct site.

Hopefully someone who has received legitimate emails from Blizzard can tell you something about the text of your email, but I would suggest the above rather than following the link from one email to receive another. I've ignored a number of spoof "confirm your email" mails from Bliz-clones and yet not received one genuine one from Blizzard themselves.

Good luck.
  3. BRKO

BRKO IncGamers Member

Thnaks Thyiad .)

Found out its quite a common problem Error 42003.
    Game locks your acount -> you go through the account reset procedure -> account is ok now -> you launch game and it locks your acount -> ...

Havent googled a working solution yet. Damn, thats bloody annoying :(