Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

About pc performance in the Beta

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Beta Forum' started by Silverbug, Apr 26, 2012. | Replies: 4 | Views: 757

1. Silverbug

Silverbug IncGamers Member

About pc performance in the Beta

My Pc I ran Beta on was this 2 year old one

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.21 Ghz
    8 gig Ram
    5770 GC
    win 7 64 bit
    Normal hard drive
    Internet connection 100 Mbit but running from europe on american servers
    Settings: Everything max

Everything was smooth, except sometimes when it loaded some spell effect or monster effects it could for a half of a second lag a bit. Not very often, but annoying.

Do you think it was my comp, internet lag, some server lag or because some known issues ? I heard it was some problems with loading from hard drive to much?

If I need I´ll upgrade it or buy a new one, it´s 2 years old after all.
  2. Megarange

Megarange IncGamers Member

Re: About pc performance in the Beta

It's most likely just a bug in the beta, wait and see if it carrys on when the full game is out.
  3. Eagle

Eagle IncGamers Member

Slight stutters on loading new assets is a Beta bug that is already fixed internally according to Blizzard. Shouldn't be a problem on release.
  4. aerial

aerial IncGamers Member

You sure heavy physics calculation areas were also smooth? Try players 4, area with pillars summoning skeletons, let them summon 1-2 waves, and all 4 players will spam their attacks. This particular scenario does not involve loading assets bug, but it is just sheer min fps test. There is lot of cunfusion with min fps, people try the game, see it works ok in normal zones with max few monsters on screen, then they claim it runs smoothly. Problem is, these crucial demainding areas, there is only few of them in beta, but most likely you will see lot more of them later, when game becomes harder, density of enemies increases, everything (including our character) can use skills faster, all that is a reason for potentially lower performance.
  5. Ixnatifual

Ixnatifual IncGamers Member

First time I would do an attack or kill a monster in the game, the framerate would be a bit choppy. After that no problem.