Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A3 inferno - DPS

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by Karth, Jun 6, 2012. | Replies: 6 | Views: 2456

1. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

I tried out A3 inferno recently and the time it takes to kill mobs there makes me wonder what kind of dps DHs who feel comfortable there have. To be specific, I'd like to know if you play solo or in a party, and what your dps is without the sharpshooter passive.

I currently do 36k dps (with a relatively defensive build) without sharpshooter and play solo, but it often feels like this isn't enough to put critters down fast enough to keep me safe. I don't like body hopping. :/

To be fair to myself, I'm still fiddling with a new build and adjusting my play style to it, but I want to get an idea of what others are getting along with.
  2. lucidlore

lucidlore IncGamers Member

I've noticed the trend on this site and other sites i visit, where people always want to compare their figures to other people's figures to see if they really "measure up". It's not needed; your numbers are fine. I beat belial with sub 30k dps and was in act 4 with around 34K~ dps, and i did fine. It wasn't until much later, after numerous farming sessions, that my dps became much higher. 36k for act 3 should be absolutely doable.
  3. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

It helps me figure out whether I'm the problem or my gear is the problem. I usually suspect the first, but I like to make sure it isn't the second.

4. lucidlore

I think there's a video floating out there of a DH beating diablo on inferno with your dps. Not optimal, sure, but the point is dps really isn't that big a deal for us :/ I also know a few people clearing inferno whimsy with dps in the low 30s. It's good to be a DH.
  5. Elriond

Elriond IncGamers Member

So, from your POV, what is the factor overriding dps? IAS? Crit damage?

6. lucidlore

Ias and crit damage factors into your final dps figure, so they are a part of dps. The factor that makes everything possible for a Dh with low dps is range.
  7. Malicious

Malicious IncGamers Member

My DH has 44k dps without sharpshooter, and she can do A3 reasonably ok. Deaths aren't uncommon though.