Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A suggestion for cd/dvd player manufacturers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Freet, Jun 1, 2004. | Replies: 18 | Views: 525

1. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

A suggestion for cd/dvd player manufacturers

They say it's better not to push in on the tray itself to close it. They recommend that you push the eject button to accomplish this. If this is in fact the case then.....

Quit putting the eject button under the tray where you can't see it!

The engineers should have noticed this in the testing stages, don't ya think?

2. Mad Merlin

Mad Merlin IncGamers Member

Unless of course you have a real computer (full tower), in which case the eject button is in clear view regardless of the tray position.

3. WebDragon

WebDragon IncGamers Member

I'm fairly certain its just one of those warning that the put to avoid liability. They can't exactly say "Sure, push it, it ain't gonna break it, but if you break it, we ain't fixin it."

It reminds me of a talk I had with a car rental guy. I was asking him whether it was okey if someone else drove the car that I rented. He said:"Nope, no siree, company policy you know... and now that I said the official answer, unofficially, let your dog drive it for all we care, just don't let them get into an accident in it. As long as you're okey with the fact that you'll have to pay a fine for letting someone else drive, then its all good."

4. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

Ok mr. geek. I wasn't necessarily refering to computer players, though some of them suffer from the same problem. I was refering to those that you would find in the stereo cabinet.

5. SomeCanadianGuy

SomeCanadianGuy IncGamers Member

I have a full tower... But I can't see the eject button because it's down by my calf, under the pull-out portion with my keyboard and mouse... I can't see it anyways.... :teeth:

6. WebDragon

For all your griping needs. :rant:

And since you don't really use the button to close anyway, maybe you could do something like this. :idea:

7. Mad Merlin

Mad Merlin IncGamers Member

But most of those (if not all) are significantly wider than just the tray itself, and thus the eject button can be placed to the side without any trouble, which i believe is what you were suggesting. At least that's the way mine is.

Bah! Have some respect for your computer, it deserves to be on a desk, not on the ground.

8. SomeCanadianGuy

SomeCanadianGuy IncGamers Member

Oh, it is on the desk. There's a handy little shelf that keeps it elevated a full 3-4 inches off the ground. It's on the desk, just not at eye level. :teeth: (Oh, I could go on all night long, darling. :p )

9. mysnistaken

mysnistaken Banned

my tower is on the ground :teeth: and i can see the eject button perfectly...maybe you shouldn't sit so close to your tower...

10. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

How could anyone actually miss this point? If the manufacturers wanted you to use a button at a certain time, then why would they hide said button when it's time to use it? It's not like it's that difficult to move a button.

Didn't someone notice that the button is under the tray at the very moment it needed to be pressed?

You have to wonder what they were smoking when they came up with this brainfart...errr...brainstorm.

11. lala

lala IncGamers Member

everyone places their tower differently

yes i have the same problem, the tower is below me. i have to reach for the button on the bottem around the tray to close it. might be possible to find one of those hotkey programs to use a keyboard button to eject

12. Anidem

Anidem Banned

There's a button?

13. WebDragon

hmmm(add 500 mm's)....

Would there be an easy way to convert the outer cover to make it so that the whole thing acts as a button?

Err... how do I explain this?..

*goes off to the drawing board*

Edit: Look what I found! Linky

14. Anidem

Anidem Banned

Just so I'm clear...Assuming that you have your monitor on the table? Do you have a chair? Or do you look like those old ladies driving down the road?

15. ThereIsNoTruth

ThereIsNoTruth IncGamers Member

Well, on my computer, which is a SFF cube, I can see it just fine. And all the stereo equipment I have in my house, the eject buttons are in clear view, whether the tray is out or now. Now what I wonder about is why they have a headphone jack on the computer trays.

16. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

My Marantz DV7010 doesn't have that problem. not only does it have the eject button on the side of the tray, it also has a eject button on the remote.

17. mysnistaken

mysnistaken Banned

monitor on table...me on chair..tower on ground...me sitting up...i would take a picture...but camera happens to be missing for the moment...

18. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

This could go down as one of the great blunder's in man kind!

19. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Sounds to me like it is time for Freet to get a remote/multimedia keyboard.

On the other side you could always mod your equipment, I started modding the stuff I have that is out of warrenty. . .good past time.