Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A non vita sept diary

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by shintyguy, May 28, 2013. | Replies: 24 | Views: 2107

1. shintyguy

shintyguy IncGamers Member

Some of my be aware that for some reason, I have decided to take on a non vita sept HC challenge. Why? Well, why not?

The rules for my sept are simple
    1. Each class must be represented
    2. Self found items - altough they do have a shared stash
    3. Each class must be in the same diffculty level
    4. Areas can be re-run as and when
    5. Re-specing is allowed (it may well be required)
    6. RWM allowed - if the Gods of Runes are kind enough

I have build ideas in my head for normal for each class and aim for this to take some time to complete, but hey, its D2 - it'll still be here in another 13 years I am sure.

I will update this every so often with (lack of) progress - but first up, my sin......

So Hot_Totty is now a week old and is lvl 33 having taken down big D in normal. She is BF sin utilising venom at the moment backed up with lvl 1 fade and lvl 1CoS and a lvl 3 Master. Her kill speed was doing ok but the major issue I had was leech. Just could not get going without having to chug pots rigth left and centre. At the start of act 3, cathans seal dropped. Excellent. Next night in Flayer Dungeon IIRC, another Cathans dropped. OK, life leech at 12%. Sorted. Blue pot junky now.

It is amazing how quickly a full blue bulb goes with BF when you have no leech. Even though the rare blade talons and venom were wiping things out, the blue pots could not keep. Then the skewer of krintiz dropped as I was clearing the River. 7% mana leech, ok a lot lower damage - about 225 per attack now - but man alive, what a difference. I ended up tanking Diablo on p8 with his attacks not really worring me as my leech was so high and ITD and massive AR, the bulbs were full. Took a while to kill him, and alas, my poor BA merc died early but big D was a breeze. Having withdrawals from blue pots now.

Other interseting things, gambled a couple of nice +1 circlets + life for my druid and sorc and having 2 sets of artic set for starting off new guys - 40% mf at lvl 2. excellent

Bring on Baal
  2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Are you doing the zon over again?

Watch out for lister and co, they are rather poison resistant.

And good luck!
  3. shintyguy

yeah Kindle was not self found so might be in need of rebuild - Kindle Fire perhaps? Lister will be a PITA I know, but as long as I am fairly safe with positioning, should be ok
  4. shintyguy

Ok so have started Anthulus, my now-slightly twinked paladin. Am looking at making him a zealot of some sort but not sure what type yet. Currently sporting about 60mf which will hopefully drop some nice early game rares/uniques/sets for the rest of my gang. About to do Blood Raven and then onto Coldcrow.

My sin has just kicked Shenk into next week.

So far so good
  5. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

I suggest a frost zealot with a range 3 weapon and lots of slows target. ( eg. General blah blah unique flail ), max block and darksight helm for CoS charges to shut down ranged attackers.
  6. shintyguy

Thats the basic plan for normal, not sure about moving forward from there with pally at them moment. Do I respec and use an HF merc or stick with a defiance merc? If they cant hit me, they cant kill me.

Can clay golem charges appear on items? I know iron golem can (Metalgrid) but dont recall ever seeing clay?
  7. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Clay golem charges on the runeword stone. Maybe others too.
  8. shintyguy

and stone has +16 to vitality and and resists? Ok, that may be a plan
  9. shintyguy

Ok first NDE for my sin and a really close call. Clearing one of the portal levels of the Tundra IIRC, enganged a group of champion Blood Lords. Should not be a problem - hang on. Why is my merc hiding on the other side of the bridge? Is he not coming? Run time. My SM got walloped and one of them hit me with a tough frenzy hit - took about 90% of my life. Major purple pot time trying to reach the bridge as demon imps firing at all angles at me while trying to get merc to engage and SM recast. JUST got away with it. Used 6 purples at that time but finally maanged to get safe to cast TP. Not happy with moron.

Learnings for today - run from boss packs as soon as merc is not fighting
  10. kstuart

kstuart IncGamers Member

lol

that annoys me when i am doing eldritch runs and the stupid moron stands at the side appearing to pee in the bushes whilst i get to kill everything....
  11. shintyguy

Well first destroyer done - well done Hot_Totty. Absolulty no issue until Lister and Baal. Merc dies a couple of times against Lister and was time consuming on /p8. Still my lvl10 SM is doing a decent tanking job now as well. Baal managed to get his clone launched early on and my merc and SM decided they wanted to be tickled by the apendages rather than hit by Baal. Took a couple of resurections of merc and recast SM but Baal is dead. Droped a nice rare cinquedas that increases my damage to 350 per blade before venom.

Best drops so far - change guards, PTopaz at the forge, gambled some nice low end stuff that will twink up my others.

Now to get the other 6 there as well - next on list my pally, currently topping his tan up in Lut Ghloien
  12. shintyguy

First update for a while, not had much play time so have not moved too much forward. Anthulas, my frosty zealot, has made it passed Baal and is currently rune hunting to make a better Ryhme Shield - I think that is maybe the best ever LL runeword. CBF for a sheal? Thanks very much

BooBoo the druid is stalled in act 1 - I forgot how much I dont like druids. Am thinking of making him a FC bear but think that will need somewhat better gear going forward. any other thoughts? Bit light on gear for him at the mo...

Pied_Piper, the Fisehmancer is storming through early act 1 at the moment due to some nice +RS wand and head. Am thinking that if can get a decent bow with KB for my fire rogue, that could be more beneifical than defiance act 2 merc.
  13. coju

coju IncGamers Member

Never done this, but have read about it: shockwave bear / summoner.
    Could try that. Or a hunter.
  14. shintyguy

Shockwave/Summonmer looks interesting - heaving on the skill tabs but would be good fun (I think - A big two handed hurty stick until I need to start blocking.....
  15. shintyguy

So a bit of an update beofre I go on holidays.

The_Ex has completed normal - she will be a blizzballer. Fairly standard with no isues as of yet

Kindle_Fire is my Fire based zon. Skystrike is her weapon of choice and is supringlsy powerful so far

Pied_Piper has toasted normal, ball and ancients on /p8 - no issue. Have a +3 clay golem head and wand on switch and +1 summoning ammy so have a lvl 8 golem to help my 11 skellies. Still using a fire rouge just now and it seems decent.

Ballerina_Bob is my Frenzy barb weilding a couple of rare axes, He has 18% life leech and feels a bit vunerable at the moment - halfway through act 5 - need to start investing more into war cries tab I think

Boo_boo the druid has now started to get a bit more intersting since I started the shockwave/summoner. He has no shield as he is using the savage polearm from the cube and is now through act 3.

So 5/7 thru normal, no deaths, and the other two getting there at speed.

Main points from normal - Rhyme is good, Mana leech is vital for melee
  16. kestegs

Nice work!

Are you going to use ES on the sorc?
  17. shintyguy

Yeah looking at one point wonder with a +3es orb on switch. Once I am back and have the others thru normal, finding that becomes next task.
  18. kestegs

Cool, I played a HC ES sorc for a long time and loved it.

A memory staff is better, just gotta find the right base.
  19. shintyguy

Ok, so last two thorough normal. My druid is by the poorest so far. I do not like him.

Is there a link to show when exceoptional items start to drop? I am looking to upgrade my Rhyme Shield for my pally and would like it sooner rather than later.

My BF sin seems to love killing a bit too much - merc is lagging way behind in exp. Might need to upgrade to HF merc in next act
  20. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

AFAIK, exceptional items can drop from monsters with mlvl >= qlvl of the item. If this is correct, area levels (and thereby mlvls) can be found here, and qlvls can be found here.