Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A new solution for framerate stuttering

Discussion in 'Tech Support for Diablo 3, Battle.Net & Systems' started by gerhard, Oct 25, 2012. | Replies: 2 | Views: 8825

1. gerhard

gerhard IncGamers Member

I posted this in the official EU forums, but no one gives a damn about it, so I thought I'd spread the word 'cause I haven't seen this posted anywhere else on the Google-friendly net. I'll just bluntly copy-paste here:

As you may know, nvidia released a few days ago a new beta driver for their gfx cards, the 310.33 beta. Well, in the change log there was one bug fix was that caught my eye - they repaired the "non-functioning MSAA anti-aliasing in Diablo III". I never got it to work previously, obviously because of the bug. And guess what? Now it works.

What has all this to do with framerate stuttering in Diablo 3 you ask? Well, as it turned out, by enabling even 2x msaa (override application settings) in the nvidia control panel, not only does the game look better with non-blurry antialiasing, it also (in a way I can't possibly comprehend) removes absolutely every single bit of framerate stuttering in the game! It's actually such a noticeable improvement, that I couldn't believe it.

I had that annoying constant stutter since the game launched (and I'm using an SSD, so there was no stuttering related to asset loading, I checked that quite thoroughly and by doing so learned the difference between these stutter types), and now it's gone!

This is obviously a fix only for nvidia users, unfortunately. I hope this info helps a other people too!

P.S. If someone needs the info, I'm running a Geforce 560 on Windows 7 64-bit.
  2. Grimbrow

Grimbrow IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info!
  3. gutko

gutko IncGamers Member