Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A good suggestion for D3?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by svenop, May 5, 2012. | Replies: 8 | Views: 489

1. svenop

svenop IncGamers Member

Since now that everyone has individualized drops I think we should be able to drop items from our inventory for a designated person.

It saves the time of having to run up to a certain person hit trade and wait for them to finish what theyre doing and accept. If you could just right click an item and select drop and then select an individual in the game. It would be much easier. That way only you and them could see it.

Then they could pick it up when they want and no one else can grab it up either. I dont think it would be too hard to program in since individual drops are already part of the game.

What do you guys think? I cant post on the Blizzard forums, anyone want to suggest it?
  2. GetMerked

GetMerked IncGamers Member

That is actually a pretty solid idea. +1
  3. Wipeout

Wipeout IncGamers Member

I would like a mail system or something similar to WoW's. No dropping just type their name in and send it
  4. Tryzx

Tryzx IncGamers Member

You should post that suggestion in the official D3 forums because I think it's a great idea and it's easy to implement.
  5. beingmused

beingmused IncGamers Member

Well, there are a few circumstances where it would be convenient (when you're in a public game and don't trust 1 or 2 of the people you're with). It is a very *small* convenience, since in general you are going to be in the vicinity of someone.

But there's less than zero chance any features are getting stuffed in at this point. You might think it is easy to implement, but I doubt you have any idea if that is actually the case (and if anything is going to make dupes more possible, it is suddenly screwing with the ways that players are able to drop items vis-a-vis the world). It'd take a lot of testing time even if not development time, which would better be spent on balancing, PVP, and the expansion.
  6. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

I think it would be enough to just pause before attacking another group and then trade the item, but it is a pretty good idea.
  7. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

"We have to focus on issues that really matter to players, we cannot afford to spend a billion dollars and thousands of man hours on such a suggestion"
  8. svenop

svenop IncGamers Member

Lol. Having read that i wonder what the production costs even where?

Taking the 3.5 million copies sold prediction at $60 a piece thats still only 210 million. Yes that doesnt include the premium for copies of the CE but the $60 isnt straight profit. There's still a retailer cut for most copies.

Is that an actual blue quote? or just strectching a little what their actual response might be? :)

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  9. GetMerked

GetMerked IncGamers Member

The devil's advocate is a useful approach for problem solving many issues. I don't think it's necessary here. OP simply asked if it was a good suggestion/concept to have implemented into the game.

I for one think that any implementations that could create convenience are worth implementing. It's the little things that count. Especially if the cost of the implementation come at such minor costs. ElementEight, your post was grossly exaggerated.