Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A good Enchantress weapon..?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by CoRnJuLiOx, Sep 15, 2008. | Replies: 8 | Views: 3238

1. CoRnJuLiOx

CoRnJuLiOx IncGamers Member

A good Enchantress weapon..?

Ok, I'm building a melee Enchantress and I started it out with the entire Cleglaw's Brace set, this gave me, among other things, 50% DS, 25% CB, a 30% Bonus to AR, and Knockback. Early in the game it was quite powerful, and even at /p8 I didn't really have a problem dealing with the monsters. Now that i'm in Act 4 the sword really just isn't cutting it anymore. /p8 in A4 normal is really too much but I wouldn't like to turn it down, for XP purposes. Instead, I'd like to upgrade. Can anyone who's successfully built an Enchantress recommend a good one-handed melee weapon?

I've got my eyes on a Hexfire I picked up during an NM Meph run as a replacement for my sword, a Swordback Hold to replace the shield, and Frostburns to replace the gloves but does anyone have any better ideas? I would lose the CB and DS mods and the nice hefty bonus to AR.

STATS:
    Level: 28
    STR: 55
    DEX: 45
    VIT: 80
    NRG: 35
  2. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Re: A good Enchantress weapon..?

If you are level 25 or higher, I would recommend to play act 4 on p1 and go to act 5 as quick as possible. The experience there is better, while the monsters are easier.

You can also rely on your merc a little. Hwanin's Polearm (if you have it) is an excellent merc weapon and available pretty early. You can also make a nice polearm with the savage polearm recipy.

I don't believe there is anything you can replace your weapon with that will really do better right now, unless you want to go two handed (Bonesnap/Steeldriver).
  3. AxlStrife

AxlStrife IncGamers Member

Speed is just as important on an Enchantress's one-handed weapon as damage, to bring that horrendous attack speed down. If you can get a crystal sword you could potentially let Larzuk punch some sockets in it andstuff it with shael/15IAS jewels or whatever other fixin's you want.

Hexfire would be on switch or in inventory for prebuffing Enchant, since the higher level won't be overridden.
  4. arBitur

arBitur Banned

I'd say a Hexfire or a crystal sword/phase blade with the Passion runeword, if u can't get those ill recommend Coldsteel Eye cause it got decent damage and some speed.

EDIT: as said above, punch a hole in the Coldsteel Eye and put a IAS jewel or shael for even more speed :O
  5. CoRnJuLiOx

CoRnJuLiOx IncGamers Member

Actually, i've got a Battle Staff socketed with the 'Leaf' Runeword on switch, and an Ammy that gives me +2 to Fire Skills, so Enchant is pretty well prebuffed right now. I like the idea of getting a Socketed Crystal Sword and filling it w/Shaels, but Shaels are pretty hard for me to find. I only have one of them right now.
  6. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

Whole angelic set is nice for enchant-sorcs. Set bonus for weapon is 30ias.
    Add sigon Gloves+Helmet for additional 30ias to get 11 frame speed with that
    sabre. Sigon helmet gives massive ar boost too.
    Only belt+shield and boots are available and we need cannot frozen.
    Hsarus belt+shield+boots gives that and huge ar boost. You get missing str for sigon from hsarus belt.

Those items gives huge life boost and lots of mana too. Use that mana to static down hard ones, as those items give massive defense, so its easy to survive.

Those items works nicely lvls 6...33 (...40), but its so hard not to pickup kuko at lvl33 as its 5x faster than melee in early part of nmare and of course in full game norm baalruns. Same goes with Raven Claw bow, after lvl15, bow is much faster than melee weapons. If you static a lot in full games, then you can barely keep same killing speed.

If you go to static route in norm, use cold merc act3, he can do enough damage to kill even full game Lister. And nicely freezes all, so its safe to static.
  7. AxlStrife

AxlStrife IncGamers Member

If the leaf has Enchant, then that's awesome. I've been looking for a +3 ENchant short staff for about a week (already have a Leaf FB but it doesn't make the cut when hexfire/Spirit or Hexfire/Visceratuant are available)

NM Countess runs would be best for trying to find ral up to lum from my experience.

@DH: I Heart Kuko, and heart 1.08 Raven Claw even more.That setup is definitely good though you need a good merc for tanking once you hit act 2 NM.

8. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Ravenclaw, kuko and demon machine are nice.

The best late game is the "passion" runeword because of the zeal

or you could wield beast on switch, and then a shaeled phase blade on your main hand

For early stages, death gloves + belt is a very nice combo
  9. Pitboss_2000

Pitboss_2000 IncGamers Member

I a made a Kingslayer for my melee sorc yesterday, and the elemenal damage on that baby (Kingslayer gives +1 Vengeance) in combination with Enchant is INSANE.