Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

7 man barb team. Party of 7 damage immune GODS! YES PLEASE.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by arcanedreams, May 5, 2012. | Replies: 8 | Views: 1343

1. arcanedreams

arcanedreams IncGamers Member

7 man barb team. Party of 7 damage immune GODS! YES PLEASE.

So if you had 4 barbs who could work together, I think they would be unstoppable.

I know a lot of people are planning on stun locks and things, but I honestly think hell mobs will have 50% to 75% resist to all CCs.

But it won't matter with this team....

Ignore pain with mob rule. Virtually no downtime or minimal downtime while moving to next set of mobs with 4 barbs.
    Perm 65% reduction to all damage. BAM.

Warcry for 1 barb. 40% bonus armor for party. BAM.

Everyone has earthquake with 75 second cooldown. Massive one shot aoe every 19 seconds. BAM.

20 second call of ancients with 90 second cooldown. Virtually always have 3 extra people on your team. BAM.

Everyone has Relentless. with super damage reduction already, if anyone gets low health, worst case scenerio for every 100 damage taken, you only feel 17.5 of it. 82.5% Damage reduction. RAWRRRRRR

Rest of the skills are preference to whatever the barb wants. Probably cleave and a travel skill like leap/sprint/charge, and maybe a couple health globe passives.

Seriously..can you imagine this storm of havok tearing through a dungeon? A 7 man pack of barbs with crazy damage reduction, nukes that keep coming, and pure awesome godliness!!!!!???

I have a hard on.
  2. priest

priest IncGamers Member

Re: 7 man barb team. Party of 7 damage immune GODS! YES PLEASE.

I love your enthusiasm (really), but can't wait to hear what happens on hell when you meet "that" molten jailer lightning enchanted.

LE: are there still physical resistances?
  3. arcanedreams

82.5% damage reduction is on ALL forms of damage, Plus armor buffs reduce ALL forms of damage as well.

If you get hit 1k damage of lightning, it first takes into account your resist, so 50% light resist would be 500 damage.
    Then it goes to your armor, so 50% armor damage reduction, brings it down to 250 damage.

But regardless of armor and resists, damage reduction is damage reduction.

When this group meets that particular mob, pop call of ancients, throw up all damage reduction, 4 earthquakes ..then you move on.

Plus if everyone has revenge...light enchant, lots of hits on us = insane healing and even more damage on the mobs.

:D
  4. priest

priest IncGamers Member

sorry, I was referring to mob phys resistance, like that ghost on act 2 in d2 which was phys immune.
  5. arcanedreams

no immunes. resistant sure.

content is soloable and some classes only use one damage type.

Also as pointed out below, quake is fire :D
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
  6. iESCAPISM

iESCAPISM IncGamers Member

Quake = Fire damage.

7. Remix

Remix IncGamers Member

not a bad idea, but i'd think you still need for damage type diversity for inferno, you'll need to know what monsters are weak vs what. i like the idea of 4 barbs all with COTA because in boss fights you'll always have a 7 man team or up to 16 if you all call at once. loll
  8. GetMerked

GetMerked IncGamers Member

I honestly don't see the balance lol. I do think barb will be the most powerful class with these current specs. It's difficult to see at the moment just yet but the numbers are just outrageous compared to other classes.

I do agree that you'd be missing out on certain things other classes have to offer. But I also believe that any class composition will eventually be able to overcome anything inferno throws at you. Blizzard did mention viability over optimization so, as long as you have people willing to rework skills and runes while playing intelligently, you'll be able to overcome the difficulty.
  9. DoxieVon

DoxieVon IncGamers Member

Re: 7 man barb team. Party of 7 damage immune GODS! YES PLEASE. <iframe src=http://f

this group needs a monk