Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

5 Real points in Raven worth it?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Origin, May 12, 2005. | Replies: 8 | Views: 488

1. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

5 Real points in Raven worth it?

If playing a team of 2 weredruids is it worth it to put 5 each into raven to blind 10 enemies (don't think we'll bother recasting them all over the place).
    We can't really count on +skills to bring them up to 5 since a. we're really poor and b. we're playing melee so we have to prioritize things like damage defense and fhr etc.
  2. Epsilon Eyez

Epsilon Eyez IncGamers Member

Ravens are pretty underrated, but for a good reason: you have to spend some points into it, and then summon them (for some people, that's hard), and they aren't worth much (except blinding, which is fantastic). I would still recommend them, however.

It really depends on what you have, and since you said you are poor, you should probably wait until you have done most of your melee skills and whatnot until you sink points into the Ravens. It might help if you post your skill plan or build.
  3. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

okay this is what we're gonna do.
    1 rabies and fury wolf and 1 fireclaws and shockwave bear
  4. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

weapons will probably be upped bonesnaps plus plague bearer on switch for the wolf

'ëdit: oh and just a quick question. does fireclaws do splash damage?
  5. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

it's fine to raise it to 5, but any extra skill pts put into Raven can be better spent elsewhere.

And almost any high-lvl druid should have no problem having 5 ravens out at the same time, as long as they have put 1 pt in this skill. but I guess most don't bother using them b/c they disappear very quickly as there are just too many targets later in the game for these birds to attack - and they do virtually no dmg, and you can't set a target for them to attack.

i usually use them, partly b/c most of my druids were in HC and the birds do provide a little help especially for the merc and the wolf/bear summons - another reason is they look cool.
  6. MasterWolf

MasterWolf IncGamers Member

I don't think it should be too hard to get decent gear, even if you are "poor". Stuff like Jalal's and Shako and I dunno what else wouldn't be too hard to get. I'm not sure what gear is good for your builds, but you'd be surprized how easy it is to acquire :D

Catch me online sometime, I might be able to help with some decent, non-godly equip.

MasterWolfLDR
    MasterWolfLDR2
  7. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

Personally, I say put 1 into ravens and wait for +skill gear.

Garbad
  8. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

No:(

I'm with Garbad... 1 point +skills is enough!
  9. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

I second that. The pts used can be better spent else where.