Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2006 Bad Manner PvP Tournament

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Liquid_Evil, Jan 11, 2006. | Replies: 310 | Views: 12906

1. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

2006 Bad Manner PvP Tournament

BAD MANNER PVP TOURNAMENT

INTRODUCTION

The format for this PvP tourney will be based around an “anything goes†theme. Just about every skill, skill combination, item, curse, and cheap tactic in the game will be allowed. However, there are penalties for each infraction.

TOURNAMENT TIMEFRAME AND PREMISE
    I will make a start post sometime on January 13, 2006. The dueling can begin immediately following my post on that day. Post your wins and losses in this thread so the website can be updated accordingly (continue adding to a list you post after every duel for best results). The tournament’s first part will conclude on February 4, 2006 when I post. Any duels completed after that time will yield no points. The two highest point scorers (after deductions) will face off in the Blood Moor one last time with a “best of 5†to determine 1st and 2nd place so the bragging rights can be issued accordingly. The two top scorers need to meet and duel within one week of the close date or a draw will be declared to end the tournament.

So, to be perfectly clear:
    -All participants are put on a website list (link to follow).
    -The tourney begins and they duel as many other people on that list that they can.
    -They earn points based on participation and wins.
    -The tourney ends after a specified time period (probably a month after it begins)
    -All the participant's points are totaled. This is their net score.
    -Points are then subtracted based on how much BM gear they used. This is their FINAL score.
    -The top two point scorers will duke it out in a violent Hell battle. The first one to chalk up 3 victories (same ‘best of 5’ premise) is crowned winner of the tournament.

RULES
    Duels take place in the Blood Moor (Hell difficulty) after the area has been cleared of monsters and both parties have signified readiness. Exiting the Moor area is considered a loss.

1) No bugged, hacked, or duped items/characters.
    2) No potions, potion prebuffing, CtC prebuffing, wells, or shrines.
    3) No multiple casting of Bone, Cyclone Armor.
    4) No use of Bone Prison.
    5) New absorb rules, i.e. +max resist counts as absorb and each character is allowed two sources of absorb per element.

POINTS AND PENALTIES
    Points will be awarded for round robin wins.
    5 points for 3/5
    3 points for 2/5
    2 points for 1/5
    1 points for 0/5 (I like to reward participation)

Teleport (Enigma or Sorceress skill): -25 points
    Blessed Hammers and Concentration together: -20
    Slow gear on a Ranged character: -20
    Dracul’s Grasp or Exile (for use of Life Tap): -15
    Lower Resist, Amplify Damage, Life Tap, Decrepify charges during a duel: -15
    Teleport (as a Charge): -10
    Lacerator or Atma’s Scarab: -10
    Knockback on a Ranged character: -10
    Major .08/.07 Vita Items (Arkaines, Grandfather, Shako): -10 points for each
    Holy Freeze: -10
    Skeletons/Revives**: -10
    Call to Arms (Beta or otherwise): -10
    Runeword Mod items: -5 per item
    Mercenary*: -5 points
    Decrepify skill used by Necromancer: -5
    Enchant charges before a duel: -5
    Slow gear on a Melee character: -5
    Poison Damage over 200 limit from charms or items: -5 for every hundred over the limit
    Life replenish items or skills totaling over 25: -2 for every point over that amount
    NO “Bad Manner†Gear: +5 points

*If you are using an Act 2 Holy Freeze Mercenary you will be deducted 15 points instead of 5.
    **You will be allotted 2 minutes between each duel to summon as much of an army as you can.

This list may be edited before the starting date based on the number of actual tournament players signed up. For the most part though, this is what you can go by.

PARTICIPATION
    Here are the players that expressed interest in playing. To be entered in the tournament and added to the website roster, you’ll need to acknowledge that you will be playing by posting here with your character name, your BM items and penalties, and your MSN information (if you have that program). If your name doesn’t appear on this list, you can still play. Everyone needs to have officially signed up in this thread with their information by Friday the 13th.

Liquid Evil
    Kabal
    Deathmage
    OCAU_MIKLE
    Serdash
    Zhao_Yue
    Martinkingss
    DX-Crawler
    Crazy Runner Guy
    XDoomasX
    Mankey
    FodderCannoned
    Jrlafrance
    Skoolbus
    Necrolemming
    Feceset
    Sledge
    SolarisW
    Kefir-Tribe
    Skaman
    Lord_Vega
    Tweety
    Aman

OTHER THOUGHTS
    Once you join a game, you can go to your stash and swap items between rounds and you cannot leave the game to mule more beneficial items to your character so have everything you think you’ll need in your stash when you join. Remember to wait for your opponent to signify his readiness before you start to fight him. If two people die at the same time, example: MattedFur was slain by Jengus, Jengus was slain by MattedFur; Jengus would be the victor because he killed his opponent first. No replacement duels are necessary. The host computer is the one that is the most accurate, so base the death off of that. If you have any questions about anything pertaining to this tournament thread, please post here as soon as possible so I can clarify for you.
  2. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

I don't remember if this was addressed in the other thread, but seeing that this is a "Bad Manner" tourney, I would think that using no BM would give you more of a benefit. Seeing that these are the final rules though, I'm just speaking my mind.

Regarding the skills totalling over 25 remark above, does this apply to any skill totaling over 25 points, or just replenish life?
  3. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

I will be playing DarkCloak, and using Lower Res Charges (-15). Contact info is at left. I can't host.

crg
  4. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

Is it necessary to declare now what BM items/skills we are using when calculating the penalty? Our declarations might betray our builds, taking away the suprise factor before dueling.
  5. Liquid_Evil

I'm not asking for your build specifics but I'd like to know where your negative points come from so I know you are correct in your math and it ensures that you will not use it as a free pass to use BM skills/gear you didn't "pay" for. Although I probably don't have to worry about this in this particular community, I don't think it will matter much. Most PvP'ers have prepared for different kinds of matchups and if you've played any PvP in the games hosted here, we will be able to identify your character build based on its name. In short, I don't think the surprise factor is going to give you much of an advantage if you're already using a Tele-Hammerdin. My first post stands.

@ jrlafrance- This is a Bad Manner tourney so I want people to play BM, hence the low bonus for NOT playing some form of BM (I actually thought about subtracting points for no BM gear so be thankful ;) ). About your other issue, if you have 25 replenish life from Dol's in your gear or 25 replenish life from Prayer it's the same to me. That means if you use a Prayer aura that grants +20 and where a piece of gear that grants +10, you are in conflict with the rule and will be penalized.
  6. Feceset

Feceset IncGamers Member

Smite the Smiter MSN is at the left -15 Exile, - 5 Grief, - 5 Spirit, -10 CtA = -35 Total.I can host, but for some reason, people can't always join my games.
  7. necrolemming

necrolemming IncGamers Member

Lemming is entered with Yawgmoth the Boner.

points as follows:

Enigmapr0t: -25
    CtA: -10
    Decrep: -5

So lemming will be starting at -40.

My MSN and email are both in my profile, although I'm using Xfire most of the time now. My Xfire acct is tehlemmeh.
  8. Liquid_Evil

I've had some questions already so here goes.

Yes, each item that grants 'poison length reduction' counts as an absorb so the normal rules apply.

This is a legit concern but I believe there will be ample hosts. Between kabal, myself, and the slew of others that can host, there should be games up quite often. MSN info will be posted here to better coordinate duels as well.
  9. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

I will be entering Sleepless, in honour of the retired French Canadian dueler who was annoyed with my constant poutine jokes. :p

I was planning to enter a Good Manner dueler, but what's the fun in that, since that goes against the theme of the tournament?

My deductions are as follows:

Blessed Hammer and Concentration: -20
    Spirit: -5

I will start at -25

Edit: I can be usually contacted via MSN, info under my avatar.
  10. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Serdash reporting for duty(lawlz... doody).

I'll be participating with Celia the Assassin.

A trapper utilizing no BM gear at all. :D

This means Dashy starts out at +5.

EDIT:
    Contact info is at the left.
  11. DeathMage

DeathMage IncGamers Member

I will be entering BoNeMaGe the boner, My contact details are to the left, i'll be starting off at -5 for decrip from necro

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  12. tweety

tweety IncGamers Member

I will be entering BMgirl and start out at -35 because of teleport and cta.
  13. Liquid_Evil

Code:
    PLAYER			CHAR			PTS
    CRG 			“DarkCloak†		-15
    Feceset 		“Smiteâ€			-35
    Necrolemming		“Yawgmothâ€		-40
    Zhao_Yue		“Sleeplessâ€		-25
    Serdash			“Celiaâ€			+5
    DeathMage		“BoNeMaGeâ€		-5
    Tweety			“BMgirlâ€		-35

I'm terrible at making tables but let's add our info here so it's easier on kabal when he's adding info to the website.
  14. necrolemming

necrolemming IncGamers Member

I notice that you didn't enter your char's information. :p
  15. DeathMage

DeathMage IncGamers Member

Im posting for OCAU_MIKLE because the forums are still "under maintenence" for him :confused:.

He will be entering his smiter Kalgor his points are:

-15 for dracs
    -15 for his RWM items
    -10 for beta CtA

So he starts off with -40

Oh and 1 question, if a merc is using RWM items or any BM items does this add to ur points or is it just -5 from the merc no matter what equip he has?
  16. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

Code:
    PLAYER			CHAR			PTS
    CRG 			“DarkCloak†		-15
    Feceset 		“Smiteâ€			-35
    Serdash			“Celiaâ€			+5
    Tweety			“BMgirlâ€		-35
    Lord_Vega               "Caprice"               -50

So... eventhough I am pretty much a PvP n00b, I am really liking this new area of the game that I've discovered, and would like to get more seriously into it :) I might never really be able to beat some of the more 1337 PvP'ers in this tourney, such as kabal and liq, but hey, I've beated a few respectable players with my slow-a-zon, so lets see if I at least manage to get out of the negative score I am starting with, probably the biggest in the entire tourney! :lol:

Slow gear on a Ranged character: -20
    Knockback on a Ranged character: -10
    Runeword Mod items: -5 per item (Fortitude)

So all in all, a whopping -50 for the Vegameister, meaning I will have to totally domiate 10 people to even get back to positive points :p

I can be reached at raul125 at gmail dot com, and I check it often, so eventhough I can't afford installing MSN (have restricted and specific gaming times anyways), we will be able to set up meetings for me to pwn your asses, don't worry :p

I can host, and will host gladly even for other people, so just PM me or mail me.

Really excited about this, great idea guys!
  17. SolarisW

SolarisW IncGamers Member

My entry is Shirken, no BM.
  18. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

I'll be playing Pwned_Nooblar.

Penalties:
    Slow gear on a Melee character: -5
    Call to Arms (Beta or otherwise): -10

total: -30

my msn is Kefir_Tribe (at) hotmail (dot) com

My character is level 61 right now so I would appreciate if the dueling time was extended a week or so. I think the schedule is pretty tight.
  19. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

Code:
    PLAYER			CHAR			PTS
    CRG 			“DarkCloak†		-15
    Feceset 		“Smiteâ€			-35
    Serdash			“Celiaâ€			+5
    Tweety			“BMgirlâ€		-35
    OCAU_MIKLE              "Kalgor"                -40
    SolarisW                "Shirken"               +5
    Kefir-Tribe             "Pwned_Nooblar"         -30
    kabal                    "TUB"                  -35

I'll be playing as TUB, with a total of -25 for Enigma tele, -5 for Enchant charges, and -5 for Arachnid Mesh (Slow on a melee character). MSN contact info is kabal264@hotmail.com, and most people get decent pings in my hosted games.

Working off of dialup is a pain, but I'll try to get the website up and running tomorrow.
  20. SkaMan

SkaMan IncGamers Member

Code:
    PLAYER			CHAR			PTS
    CRG 			“DarkCloak†		-15
    Feceset 		“Smiteâ€			-35
    Serdash			“Celiaâ€			+5
    Tweety			“BMgirlâ€		-35
    OCAU_MIKLE              "Kalgor"                -40
    SolarisW                "Shirken"               +5
    Kefir-Tribe             "Pwned_Nooblar"         -30
    kabal                   "TUB"                   -35
    SkaMan                  "COW_DOODIES"           -20

I'll be using COW_DOODIES, and starting with -15 for Draculs, and -5 for RWM itamz, making a grand total of -20.

Lol Kefir, I've got a char with that name too... Gooo ATMA cre8!