Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1pt smiter/zealot preferred merc weapon?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by chanchan, Jul 24, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 3158

1. chanchan

chanchan IncGamers Member

Hi I've built a pally based on the 1pt smiter guide, but still want to run other parts of the game. It's not that I have trouble in other parts, but I'm wondering what everyone's preferred merc weapon is. Is there an applicable runeword? Is reaper's the most useful or does the decrepify screw over the lifetap too much?
    Currently my merc is using tomb reaver, because the reanimate is fun.

Anyway any opinions/advice would be greatly appreciated! (Edit: playing on ladder)
  2. MartinLong

MartinLong IncGamers Member

Decrep does screw over lifetap quite a bit and it can cause some major problems if you get surrounded. Also note that your merc will hardly survive ubers, let alone the minors (lilith to be exact). I would stick w/ the tomb reaver as it's a strong weapon, there others you could try though:

Obedience for the CB
    Pride for the concentration aura - expensive
    Infinity for the conviction - also expensive

All in all, I think best option is to stick w/ your tomb reaver as spending a lot on your merc isn't worth it just for ubers IMO.
  3. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Reaper's is the best choice outside ubers, once you're there it doesn't really matter as he's going to keel over in seconds against Lilith anyway. Pride is good as well, Insight if you teleport.
  4. chanchan

chanchan IncGamers Member

Cool thanks for the advice.
    I think I'll stick with the tomb reaver for now. If i come across an eth polearm I'll think about obedience or pride (if i can afford it).
    Thanks to everyone