Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1500 LK Runes Results (RUNES, not runs)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by redragon, Jul 17, 2013. | Replies: 27 | Views: 3349

1. redragon

redragon IncGamers Member

Background Info

Started this project about 8 months back, had a sabattical for a a few months and finally finished recently.

The idea at first was just to run a couple of hundred times and hopefully collect a few highish runes.

I recordered my finds in 100 rune lots, then cubed them and started the next 100. I took on average 268 runs to get 100 runes.

Run times are around 45-90 seconds depending on how much junk comes with the SC's,

I also picked up all jewels, gems of all sizes, small and grand charms, certain rares, and probably 50 S/U.

All were done with a 91 Fishy Necro with an amulet with tele charges, 67% FRW and a Harmony bow.

I used a single map shown below.

I hit 4 bodies, 1 log, 1 skeleton, and one stash every run, and up to 16 in total besides the Superchests.

All runs were done on p/8

Map Info

Linear route, with S&E in LK at the end.

FRW 67% and Harmony on switch for run to the WP. (Never figured out if FRW combines with Harmony / Vigor to improve speed...)

Red is the route run.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

X i

Usually my first stop, the 2 bodies are stable, I also cast Clay Golem after rounding the turn off the WP platform. He just acts as a monster distraction.
    Interestingly the tipped over body, (I run this just for a screeny, and out of habit hit him, just can't stop.) resulted in my best drop, more on that later.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/ila2.jpg/

X ii

Second stop, Skeleton, log and chest are stable.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/odht.jpg/

X iii

Third non SC stop, Body is stable the rest are random. This is mirrored in the same place around the second fire.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/203/8xzs.jpg/

TP is where I use an ammy charge to port over the wall of the SC hut to right outside the next SC hut.

Items

I didn't keep an accurate track of items, this was mainly about the runes.

I do know I found a large amount of Skillers, including 6 Captain's, a Harpoonists of Sustanance +22, and 9 x 7% MF sc's

Over 500 Jewels, all bar around 20 of which went into my crafting supplies stash.

On average I could cube 74 Pgems per 100 runes found.

1 Grailer was found.

Nature's Peace
    Ring
    Required Level: 69
    Fingerprint: 0x58e5bef9
    Item Level: 80
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    Prevent Monster Heal
    Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
    Poison Resist +25%
    Damage Reduced by 11
    Level 5 Oak Sage (18/27 Charges)

3 Sigon's Belts were the most numerous S/U.

Runes

Now for the meat of the matter.

All runes were picked up, from El up.

All runes were cubed from Pul down

All runes Ist and up are as they were found.

I did cube Um's and Mal's that I had cubed up from lower runes into Ist's.

I started a new stash with no runes in it, this was a project in and of itself.

Sometimes I had a total of 101+ runes, this happened when, for example, I had 98 runes and found 3 on a run, or had my 100 and wanted one more "for luck"

Code:
    Run        1    2    3    4    5    6    7          8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15        Total

El         2    4    4    1              3    El    2    1    2           5     4     1     4     El     33
    Eld        4    3    1    1              2    ELD   2    1    2     1           3     2           Eth    22
    TIr        4    3    8    5    4    2    4    Tir   9    9    5     11    5     4     7     4     Tir    84
    Nef        6    5    3    2    2    3    2    Nef   4    5    4     7     3     2     5     3     Nef    56
    Eth        7    8    10   9    8    6    12   Eth   7    7    6     4     6     7     9     7     Eth    113
    Ith        4    7    7    7    6    5    8    Ith   6    7    5     9     3     5     7     8     Ith    94
    Tal        7    12   12   14   13   14   8    Tal   8    15   12    7     8     13    14    14    Tal    171
    Ral        4    9    5    7    8    6    4    Ral   4    5    8     9     8     9     5     8     Ral    99
    Ort        15   11   12   14   8    13   9    Ort   12   8    8     12    14    13    12    16    Ort    177
    Thul       8    8    5    10   12   11   8    Thul  10   9    11    12    5     9     11    12    Thul   141
    Amn        16   10   12   7    9    7    14   Amn   7    9    11    7     9     11    9     6     Amn    144
    Sol        5    5    3    5    13   5    10   Sol   8    5    3     3     9     5     2     7     Sol    88
    Shael      5    3    6    4    11   9         Shael 5    7    7     5     5     5     3     4     Shael  79
    Dol        5    5    6    3         5    1    Dol   4    1    1     3     4           2     1     Dol    41
    Hel        1    4    1    3         8    1    Hel   2    4    3     2     6     1     1           Hel    37    

Io         3    2    3    1    4    3    7    Io    4    3    5     3     2     3     1     2     Io     46
    Lum        2    2         3    1    2    1    Lum   2    1    3     1     3     1     2     1     Lum    25
    Ko         1              2              4    Ko    1    1                2           2           Ko     13
    Fal                       1              1    Fal   1         1     1                 1           Fal    6
    Lem                  1                   1    Lem   2    1    1     2     1           1           Lem    10
    Pul        1                        1         Pul                   2           1                 Pul    5

Um                   1    1                   Um         1    1                                   Um     4    
    Mal                            1              Mal             1     1     1           1      1    Mal    6

Ist             1                             Ist                                                 Ist    1

Gul                                           Gul                         1           1           Gul    2

Vex                  1                        Vex                               1                 Vex    2

Ohm                                           Ohm                         1     1                 Ohm    2

Lo                                            Lo                                                  Lo

Sur                                       1   Sur                               1     2      1    Sur    5

Ber                                           Ber                               1                 Ber    1

Jah                                           Jah                                                 Jah

So there they are.

Many firsts for me during this project. Before this my only Pat, the Necro I used, had found my highest rune which was a Gul from the hellforge. So when on the first hundred only a Pul dropped, I was wondering if this was going to be worth it or not. Then my first Ist on the second set dropped and I was hooked!

By the time set 12 finished with some nice drops, I was almost burnt out with LK, but the Gul and my first Ohm revitalised me.

Then set 13 happened.

Came home from work, fired up and took off, 10 runs into my session, I rounded the corner off the WP, threw Gumby up, hit the first body and BER! Screenshot! Screenshot! Pick it up, check backpack, start giggling slightly hysterically, check backpack, yes, its still there, finish run, check backpack, Esc, S&.. no, check backpack once more, yes still there, S&E, slump in chair, :guiness:

That was the beginning of an amazing 10 day period that resulted in 2 Ohms, Vex, Ber, 2 Guls, and 2 Surs.

After the Ohm on day 2 all I could think of at work was getting to LK and seeing if my luck was still holding (superstitious much? lol).

Anyway, cubed and coalated, here's what my 1500 LK stash looks like now.

Code:
                Found    Cubed
    El     2
    Eld
    Tir
    Nef    2
    Eth
    Ith    2
    Tal    2
    Ral    2
    Thul   2
    Amn    2
    Sol    2    
    Shael  2
    Dol
    Hel

Io 
    Lum    2
    Ko
    Fal    1
    Lem    2
    Pul    6    5    1

Um     4    4
    Mal    3    6
    Ist    3    1    2
    Gul    2    2
    Vex    2    2
    Ohm    2    2
    Lo
    Sur    5    5
    Ber    1    1
    So with picking up all the runes I found, I managed to cube an extra Pul and 2 Ists, to me that's worth it, tho I know not everyone feels the same, and my run times are nowhere near as fast as some.

Screenshots:

Ist Gul Gul Vex Vex Ohm Ohm Sur Sur Sur Sur Sur BER!

It's interesting to observe how many of the HR's came not from the SC's, but rather random stashes and that one stable body.

My theory became, "As you pop more and more containers, the odds have to be getting better all the time."

Although I know it is all about random chance, this became my mantra to help with my persistance.

Haul Pic

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anyway, thats my 1500 runes from LK.

Inspired by the 17K and 10K LK threads in the stickies, respectively Skinnyy and Megalomania. Also the Lower Kurast (LK) FAQ by MuddyWaters.

Currently Cow Exploding looking for some nice bases, specifically an Eth Archon Plate.

Not an AP ...But not complaining :jig:

Will I ever return to LK? Probably, yes. (3 1/2 Ber's? Heck yes!) To me it seems worth the effort, and having smaller goals, in this case getting 100 runes as part of a larger picture helped a lot, and it was fun at times, mostly when HR's dropped, but the anticipation was good as well.

Anyway, thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it.

ReDragon
  2. NorthDakota

NorthDakota IncGamers Member

Seriously awesome write-up. What player settings did you use? I didn't see it in there.
  3. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Gratz.. Sounds like you had a fun time.
    I never did manage to get into LK running myself. Much too boring.
  4. Unfadable

Unfadable IncGamers Member

Nice thread, good work. I like your results and I think you inspired me to turn LK runs into something other than just a little break from AT.
  5. redragon

@ NorthDakota - Ty and Players 8 setting throughout.

@ zaphodbrx - Ty, I did have fun, even with just running when I wasn't getting much, just kept giving myself little goals, for eg - find enough gems to cube up 10 Pgems before finishing tonight.

As a side note there, it was awesome when having kinda forgotten about runes, and looking for gems, that's when a nice rune would drop.

@ Unfadable - Ty, and if you do come join me at LK, good luck.
  6. srrw

srrw IncGamers Member

Yep, 2 out of my 3 Bers came from random bodies rather than the SC's. But I would still run only the SC's unless I'm not bored and feel like popping a lot of stuff up, the runs are much faster, at least for a teleporting char.
  7. dhaos

dhaos IncGamers Member

Hi red dragon contragulations :D. I have a question what %magic find do you used?
  8. redragon

@ srrw - Yes, they would be faster, as I mentioned up to 90 seconds for my runs isn't very fast, but I'm still looking for all kinds of stuff, Charms, Jewels etc, and I also wanted gems, so I was happy to take the time.

Also I have this nagging feeling that if I miss a poppable, it'll be the one which might, just might throw out something nice.

@ dhaos - 0% MF, was more geared for FRW / FHR and resists, and I believe MF doesn't help with containers anyway.
  9. juju

juju IncGamers Member

i have made ~300runs now with my hc pala (lvl 88) with basic noob items :D

and found only sur lem and mal

but now i'm going to run it some more :) -->
  10. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

Actually, that's not bad for 300 runs.
  11. RIP

RIP IncGamers Member

Yeah, its very painfull to see people complaining about such finds in JUST 300runs...Try lower version of D2 and You will find, that sometimes even 3000 was not enough for this:wink:

Edit: Btw, last time in LK (version 1.11) i've found ONLY one IST in 2k runs, other highest rune was PUL
  12. juju

juju IncGamers Member

10runs after i posted my ¨complain¨ i found vex :D

i know drops chances from lk but i have mfed these chest in bnet at ladder starts with better results :whistling:
  13. redragon

@ juju - I agree that those are some nice drops in 300 runs, well done.

A Vex and a Sur are not bad for that amount of work.
  14. ZeroAffex

ZeroAffex IncGamers Member

I am curious, I thought and read somewhere that MF did not apply to rune drops?? Is this not true anymore? Does it maybe increase the amount of items that drop thus increasing the drop % chance? Haha.. I was 99% that MF didn't apply to rune drops, but maybe I am wrong!

Good job Reddragon, pretty impressive getting those runes no doubt. Your playing on 1.13 right? I figured with you using the Fishmancer build, you must be. Either way, good job and interesting read! What are your plans to do next? Maybe do some time-traveling to 1.09 and try to do some rune finding? Haha jk! Thanks for the read. Take care bud!

-Zerooo
  15. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

Magic Find increases only the chance that a given item has to roll magic/rare/set/unique. It does not affect rune drops, what items are dropped nor the number of items dropped. Therefore, magic find when runehunting shouldn't be a big concern. That being said, especially in trav a portion of MF can be very nice if you'd like some useful uniques/jewelry/etc. on the side of your runes :)
  16. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

It also has no effect on the items dropped from the LK chests. Other objects I am unsure of but those chests can only drop magic (95%) or rare (5%) items I believe.
  17. FredOfErik

You sure? I dunno about whether or not MF affects them, but I'm almost certain I've seen uniques drop from them.
  18. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Pretty sure you're thinking of a different object ;)

You'll either get all blues or all yellows (aside from things that can't be yellow) iirc.
  19. FredOfErik

Somebody who knows stuff, come help please. I don't trust phar :badteeth:

Almost certain I saw the same "all unique" drop.. But ofc, however unlikely it may be, I could be wrong..
  20. ZeroAffex

ZeroAffex IncGamers Member

Hey Pharphis and FredOfErik,

You guys are stalking me? ahaha! Just playing. Thanks for the good information, though now Pharphis has got my wheels really turning! So Lower Kurast chest are the only ones that behave this way? I am glad to know my understanding for runes was pretty much what you said FredOfErik, but thanks anyways for the response! Anyways, I am curious now what all is affected by MF and what is not, thanks Pharphis! haha!

-Zero