Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

120 fcr light sorc guide

Discussion in 'Classic' started by sumzy, Nov 23, 2007. | Replies: 40 | Views: 3407

1. sumzy

sumzy IncGamers Member

120 fcr light sorc guide

Well I don't know if there already is a guide on this, but people usually under estimate lightning on classic but i found it's really effective. And I felt like writing a guide because I'm bored lol.

Gear :
    Helm : Tarn (sucks but +1 is pretty useful on sorcs coz you get +1 for mastery)
    Amu : +2 fcr + str
    Armour : silks
    Wep : shard
    Shield : eyeless
    Rings : both fcr + str
    Belt : str, fhr, dex, hp, res blah blah
    Gloves : magefist
    Boots : i found frw doesnt matter that much when you always teleport the str and res is more important

and to prebuff ts use a +2 +3 ts staff, and sojs

Stats :
    Str : enough for silks, if you can stand the annoyance try to find high +str gear put silks on then put your normal gear on it saves alot of hp remember to empty your invent when you loot your corpse though
    Dex : enough for shard again try this ^^
    Vit : all
    Energy : none

Leveling :
    Get chanted, kill everything blah blah cows 20-40 nm cows 40-60/70 hell cs 70+

Skills :
    20 cb +8%
    20 light
    20 cl +8%
    20 nova +8%
    1 static
    1 teleport
    dont bother with energy shield theres too many synergies and warmth is a waste when theres mana pots
    This leaves you with a 117 bp for lightning doing about 1-25k damage which is pretty sexy pvp but most cs monsters have high *** lr so it kind of sucks but you can still zap a few cls down to infector for fun and to help out
    That should leave you at around level 70 so then start with thunderstorm, when you prebuff it at level 29 it does around 1.6-2.2k damage every second which is pretty godly

So this took like 5 min leave me some comments, I really just wrote this to see if most of what I said is actually right lol.
  2. Zodijackyl

Zodijackyl IncGamers Member

Silks? You must be kidding.

Lightning is hardly a viable classic build, and that guide describes a sorceress that will die very easily. That sorceress has almost no resistances, no FHR, and not much in the way of mana/life bonuses to work with the ES.

The way this sorceress would build would result in around 1-2k lightning damage at level 70, nowhere near 25k. Even with this gear at level 99, you wouldn't break 10k.

This is not a viable build, I advise against using this guide.
  3. sumzy

sumzy IncGamers Member

lightning fully synergysed does like 8k average damage lol and you cant really use ES because theres no skill points left
  4. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

Uh, 25k Light Damage? Not on Classic. Even if you had full +Skill Items on, you'd only be doing up to at least 9k Damage at the maximum.

As for Silks, I don't even know where to begin with that. 100 Str on a Sorc? No FHR? Lack of Res? Honestly, I really hope you just came from LoD to be writing a guide like this. If not, then I strongly advise that you rethink your gear and strategy; if you're not sure of your build, start asking questions.

EDIT: Writing "blah, blah, blah" instead of explaining your thoughts will get you nowhere with this build. Don't be lazy.
    SECOND EDIT: I'm also going to assume that you're talking about NL because Dex doesn't exist on post-patch Belts, and the same goes for Str on Boots.

- Akukami
  5. sumzy

sumzy IncGamers Member

It does about 40-15k lightning damage, making the average about 8k. And this just comes from dueling hammerdins I suppose, 1 random hit and your dead, fhr and especially res don't really come into play much, damage is much more important.

But of course for dueling any class switch silks and tarn for better items, the blah blah just substitutes for other mods that are good, none are more important than the other, but the higher the number next to it the better.
  6. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

No, it doesn't. Click here if you want to argue some more about it. Oh, and that damage is assuming you're wearing Silks, Tarn, and a +2 Sorc Amulet.

And what about stacked LR characters? Ever try dueling them?

You killed your validity of PvP Sorc knowledge right there. Any person using a good PvP Sorc, no matter what type it is, knows that FHR and Res DO come into play.

Better items, such as what? A High Def 24 FHR 9x Life Str/Dex 2x CR/LR/FR -Req PRuby Socket Mage Plate? What "better items" are you talking about? All I saw was "blah, blah, blah," so please show me these "better items" you speak of. :shocked:

This is assuming you're still alive after you get hit. Or don't you get hit? :shocked:

I'm not trying to be an a**hole, but to be blunt, this guide needs a LOT of garbage removal. Like I said before, I HIGHLY recommend that you rethink your gear and your strategy, and if you're still not sure what you should do, there's no shame in asking. You get better that way, you know? :thumbsup:

- Akukami

7. IsThisNamePermanent

IsThisNamePermanent IncGamers Member

The second I saw "blah blah blah" I didn't take the guide seriously.
  8. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

That late? I dropped the whole thing the second I saw Dex on a Belt (unless he was refering to Bladebuckle) in the Gear Section. :undecided:

- Akukami

9. Zodijackyl

I would have considered that as a legitmate option on NL due to the availability of prepatch items silks hadn't been mentioned.

10. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

I think something similar was discussed somewhere, to make a lightning sorc semi-viable PvM max +skills need to be added and she is left with low resists :/

I've never tried using a staff, maybe the +5 chain lightning could help.. (it would probably also mean dying a lot)
  11. Zodijackyl

+5 CL on the staff allows for 70FCR total if you have two FCR rings. Swap those out for SOJs and swap in a shard, you have the +2skills and a lot more mana, plus you can hit the 80FCR lightning breakpoint while only missing +3CL, but being able to block, and having a lot more mana for ES if needed.

12. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

You think this can take down Andy with your experiment, or are you sticking with your Ice Blaster?

- Akukami

13. Zodijackyl

We have experimented with light sorcs plenty on NL years ago, best gear out there, I'm just going for an ice blaster.

14. fledgeling

after equipping culven's point and sigon's shield I could somehow spot the damage difference and FCR is useless PvM if you do pityful damage

at some point I even thought that the damage is somehow bugged and when you reach a certain level of CL the "0-100" damage does not roll or something..

15. acwclassic

acwclassic IncGamers Member

on europe theres actually quite a few ligth sorc, and from what i seen this is a strong build pvp. as for pvm i cant answer but my geuss is that they works better than both orber and fb, only blizzers would be far stronger pvm.

The build i came to think of would be:
    1. this will get you the 14 frame breakpoint and nice life + es. the rares can be better but then the cost raises ofc.
    as for fhr and fcr get 60 of both.
    shard
    +2 fcr amu pris
    shard
    frostburn
    2 sojs
    armor 24 fhr dual/tripple 2x res life
    belt fhr life/strength 2x dual/tripple res
    boots tripple res (fhr)
    bone/cap dual/tripple 2x res life
    sh 30/20 pris (fhr)

(tarn , silk , and woe isnt good choices for a ligth sorc)

as for skills:
    just skip the ts its dmg is to little and not worth investing point into for this sorc. (only use of it would be on orbers with skills left over)
    max: mastery , ligthning , charged bolt , chain ligthning
    1 point: telekinisis , teleport , es
    rest into: nova
    finished at lvl 92
    this will give you a nuke (ligthning) doing 24-9k dmg
    and the pvm killer (chainligthning) 14-4,5k dmg
    and an es absorbing 40% (with sojs + frost you mana will be high enuf to keep it with some use of mana pots)

this build got nice dmg at lvl 80 also as getting to lvl 92 can be a bit hard.
    the ligthning dmg at lvl 80 is: 20-7600
    and chain ligthning 12 - 4200

your res will all be 75 with some nice gear and with some time planing it you should get your cr stacked a bit.

Pvp strategi:
    This sorc would require some skill to use much like the fb sorc and you need to be good at aiming.
    you will take down 75 lr es sorcs in a few hits (if you hit)
    and have charged bolt placed on short key since you will use it as an widespread attack (it actually does dmg since mostly 3 bolts hit)
  16. Zodijackyl

You have no idea what you are talking about.

17. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

steve mabye u could pm me about any possible fun i could have iwthg lightning

fred
  18. fledgeling

facts? I have a level 75 lightnig sorc and after switching that gear gives her like 400-500 more damage, the damage rolls get "more lucky" for me or something, because she starts working a bit better, at least I can notice the difference.

19. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

Using Sigon's Shield must mean that the Life on your Sorc must be pretty crappy. If you're using NL dupes, then this might be an okay idea, but I'm still highly against it, even if it does more damage. If you can't survive, then what's the point in added damage? :undecided:

- Akukami

20. Zodijackyl

Stating that items add "luck" to your damage rolls only makes you look like even more of an idiot after suggesting that Culwen's Point is a good sorceress weapon.