Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

100% Berserker Frenzy Barb, is it possible??

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Mn_Swe2, Apr 3, 2012. | Replies: 28 | Views: 5951

1. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

100% Berserker Frenzy Barb, is it possible??

Hi, I have tried to put together a Barb that will be in constant Berserker mode, and don't have to worry about the 120 secs cooldown for Wrath of the Berserker!

[​IMG]

My suggestion is explained in detail with some calculations at this place,
    http://www.diablo-guilds.com/forum/topics/100-berserker-frenzy-barbarian

Please feel free to give feedback on skills, item recommendation, playstyle etc!

I also wonder if Weapons Master generates 3 Fury with Revenge and Overpower skills, or is it just Frenzy that will trigger this 3 Fury bonus with this build?

I am not sure this will be viable at all, but I want to give it a try, and also hear your comments.
    Is this viable or am I just wasting my time?
  2. Dahmer

Dahmer IncGamers Member

Re: 100% Berserker Frenzy Barb, is it possible??

Looks like an interesting build :D

The fury generation with weapons master is also a good question but I'm going to guess no because from the looks of it you don't physically hit them and I believe that would be a requirement for weapons master. If it's not then you'll get a ton of fury with overpower :D

Only problem I can think of right now is if it actually counts fury gained while you're at max fury...since you technically can't gain any fury then.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  3. Adult

Adult IncGamers Member

There is already a fairly well developed discussion of the Perpetual Berserker here. Check it out.

Something that was tackled in the thread is Cleave vs Frenzy as well as Into the Fray's viability for the purpose of mass fury gain. I think the common consensus is Cleave + Weapon master is much better for fury gain then Frenzy + Weapon Master. And that Into the Fray sucks for what is essentially the most Fury hungry build possible once you start to graph it out in a spread sheet. Read through the thread though...
  4. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Ahh, excellent :)
    Looks like Cleave will be the way to go instead of Frenzy. But I still wonder how Whirlwind will get along?
  5. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

6. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

When it was available in the beta, Weapons Master worked with every skill and generated Fury per enemy hit. It could potentially turn spenders into generators if you have enough targets around you. I think this behavior is very likely to change for release.

7. Sulle

Sulle IncGamers Member

I actually liked the build before with frenzy.
  8. Jaago

Jaago IncGamers Member

The usefulness of Into the Fray greatly depends on its proc mechanics, which are unknown. Thus the consensus on it is undecided until further information is gained. If its proc rate is once in five hits, or better, I'd say it is definitely worth a strong consideration.

To comment on the build in th OP, I'd take a movement skill such as Leap, Furious Charge, or Sprint over Ground Stomp, since the build really hates having to run around without being able to hit anything.

9. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Thanks for all feedback so far :)

Groundstomp is a great round-up skill for setting up Overpower and Revenge so I really do not want to loose that one. With Groundstomp I do not have to run around as much. The problem is the run to the next pack of monsters.

Frenzy had the benefit of increasing the running speed even more (to 35% together with Wrath of the Berserker).

If Battle Rage and Into the Fray is not as good as I hope I might switch out that one instead for Leap for example.

10. Jaago

Jaago IncGamers Member

Leap has a skill rune with the same effect, though with only 2/3 of the range of Wrenching Smash. For me, the main substitute for Into the Fray is actually Marauder's rage, a different rune of the same skill. That damage boost is really sick.
  11. Siege Valgore

Siege Valgore IncGamers Member

I really like where this build is going. It's definitely one I will be testing for sure. Has anyone dove into this a little more? Any updates on it?
  12. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

Is it even clear if WotB gains longer duration from overflowing fury generation?
  13. Draner

Draner IncGamers Member

14. PlagueofToads

PlagueofToads IncGamers Member

Looks like it could work.....
  15. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

will thrive of chaos work if you already have max fury? i am guessing no but would be very nice if it did to maximize berzerker rage
  16. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

This. Guess we can't know until the game comes out ;) hoping that yes.

17. Sooru

Sooru IncGamers Member

I would guess that it does since there would be funny situations if it didn't, but can't be sure without trying.

A funny situation I'm referring to is for example being at 99 fury and hitting runed ancient spear for +30 fury. Would it only count the one that goes from 99->100 as gains? Would it count it all? None of it? What if a mob hit me right before to put me at 100 fury, then 0,1 seconds later the spear tries to hit for +30 fury... "aww that sucks"

Basically it's more intuitive (you could read that as easy, or simple) if it works with the overflow.
  18. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

Well, it's Blizzard. Seems they've been removing the fun factor of many a skills lately, so...
  19. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

To be honest i don't really see the point. WotB is kinda sucky without insanity rune. If you won't pick that offense wise it's just 10% crit and 25% attack speed for all the work put into it. If it would be elder-god tier buff, which it is only with insanity, the build would make sense. Right now not so much.
  20. Superstate

Superstate IncGamers Member

I'll agree and add to this that the one saving grace WotB IoF might have is the increased duration of dodge versus longer boss fights. The movement speed duration increase is probably not as noticeable for obvious reasons. All in all, Insanity is probably a better choice for the majority of situations.