Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    \"The problem, I think, is that D3 implemented MF so poorly.\"

Wrong. It\'s b/c they came up w/ a system that did what MF was supposed to do, only much better (Monster Power). D2\'s MF wasn\'t a real trade-off; it pigeon-holed certain builds/classes, it ham-strung gear choices, and most of the best raw power gear had copious amounts of MF, b/c the D2 devs realized that people wouldn\'t wear the greatest gear if it didn\'t have MF on it. MF never worked right, even in D2. And that\'s why we didn\'t want it in D3. Or D2 for that matter.

IncGamers Member
    \"That said, I am unsympathetic to most anti-MF arguments, as they seem to come from a PoV of “don’t want to think about gear.”\"

No, Flux, as you see in this thread, they come from the perspective that it\'s NOT an interesting choice and to many (like me) it feels like a really stupid choice to try and make.

IncGamers Member
    \"If you go MF you’re choosing to get less exp and to miss out on the higher difficulty rewards, and you’re probably playing a more strategic game by finding ways to kill effectively even with lower quality gear.\"

Definitely agree.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Blackarrows-1814
    ok, all you guys go run
    T-6 with your OP gears and Flux and I will do master with MF stuff because we could have or make the choice to use it.
    A good example of even more misunderstanding of how to really develop a better game for everyone to choose, not bliz, on how each of us wants to play.
    They have a lot more screwed up stuff to really have to worry about MF right now.

The higher difficulty rewards are the same as higher MF. It\'s the same thing, in a different system. Harder difficulties require different tactics and gearing (assuming you get rid of crushing blow and life steal). Making the monsters harder is better than making the characters weaker.

IncGamers Member
    RoS, reaping 1 game feature/mechanic at a time.

RIP

BattleTag Artemis-1554
    Waiting for a discounted price, eh. So all it takes for you to play a game you don\'t like, is make it $10 cheaper?

Everyone has their price, I guess yours is $29.99.

D3 1.08 aside, MF gearing has never felt like a choice to me in any game I\'ve played that had it. Not using MF has made me feel super gimpy in virtually every ARPG/Hack n\' Slash/whateverthesegames are that I\'ve played, PoE included.

Anyway, as others have already mentioned, MP does what MF does, only it\'s better.

IncGamers Site Pal
    There are lots of problems with MF.

I don\'t like MF on gear. This invites gear swapping and/or hoarding gear sets to switch to on kill. It\'s the whole reason Nephalem Valor was implemented. And then the whole reason the Paragon 1.0 system was implemented.

I do however think MF can be awarded for things like playing multiplayer, or higher difficulty levels. (Right now there\'s no indication that playing above Normal is worth it at all, at least on the PTR. Your kill speed is reduced more than any gains you get.)

I agree with ideas in other comments about how the point is for you to get stronger and stronger, not be a lucky guy with wet noodle dps. It\'s also not fair in multiplayer, even if your MF is shared to your party, that only matters if your party members care about MF more than DPS.

But I do think this would be a good time to implement charms. If you\'re trading inventory space for MF, that would be a much better trade than gear choice.

I also think MF should still be rewarded for paragon levels. It was the original purpose of paragon in the first place, removing it feels silly.

The way it is now, it\'s like there\'s two sets of leveling to do. Paragon 2.0 is like D2, with a little bit of point picking. But you don\'t get to do that until you do 1-60 first which has no point picking but just skills given to you as you level. Not that 1-60 takes very long anymore at all. With level-adjusted enemies and the high killing speed on normal, even a little bit of xp boosting gear and you\'ll almost power level yourself.

Anyway, back to MF. MF is far and above the most \'satisfying\' stat to have. Everyone hates RNG, and getting the chance to fight against it is something everyone likes. Seeing the shiny orange text more often than before is satisfying. And killing monsters is satisfying but the more you cut through the monsters like paper, the less satisfying it is. Essentially the higher your kill speed, the less satisfying the grind is.

So if the ONLY way to increase your drop rate is to increase your killing speed, that\'s bad.

So again, charms, or paragon, and/or the bonuses for higher difficulties. But no MF on gear. Just flat-out remove it as a stat. Not even on legendaries. There should be not even a single piece of gear with it or some people are going to obsess over getting it.

BattleTag Artemis-1554
    The best argument I\'ve seen against MF is someone finds a great legendary but doesn\'t use it because they don\'t want to sacrifice their MF.