Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    IncGamers Member

Re: Newbie to this site, and Diablo II as a whole...

Well, I had a moment of revelation the other day. I was tomb-hopping and got completely hammered by a whole horde of creatures. I had no way to get away, and died. I tried to get back to my body, but couldn't. Did you know that if you die, and then exit the game (NOT with the standard way, I'm talking going to the desktop and closing the program), you lose just about EVERYTHING? It happened to me. Long story short, I lost everything I had with me (of course, I kept my possessions that were in my backpack), and could not get any of it back. I am so frustrated right now. I will accept any ideas right now. I don't know how other people play games, I really hate to use cheat codes and the like, but with this game, I'm up for ideas.

IncGamers Member

btw, I lost ALL of my money (backpack and stash). That one is my fault, I was naive and made a huge mistake that cost me it all.

Hm. Next time try to save and exit, that way your body should be next to you in town. Not a pleasant sight but you just lose potions and money that way, not equipment.
    I only ever do single play, don't understand the way others do it, but take it very very slow. Rerun those tombs a number of times until you're a certain level, then move on, etc.
    I don't rerun the tombs in Act III's Flayer Jungle though. I don't like them at all.

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/ also have a nosy on this site. It helped me a LOT playing the game, and the info is very clear and the site is well laid out too. I may still not understand any of the Diablo related topics on this forum but this site was very helpful and still is.

Sorry if someone's already pointed it out.

IncGamers Member

I am so not looking forward to playing the game through again, getting some decent equipment and earn my money back. I played D2 for a month, lots of time spent leveling and earning things, and am angry at myself for making such a big mistake and putting myself in this position.

IncGamers Member

A question for D2 gamers out there... what should I do with the situation I am in right now? To be honest, a small part of me wants to ditch the game and move on to something else, but I really want to finish the game. Can anyone tell me an easy way to get decent weapon(s) and armor, so I can finish the game? I don't like cheat codes but I don't know at this point.

Well what I would do is, start another char, necro is lotsa fun.
    U hang back, sip a drink, let skellies do the dirty work, only annoying in cramped places:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...er-Version-2-1
    If u do start a necro: follow the skill point advice to the letter or Diablo will annihilate u:

Poison and Bone Tree:
    max one point to corpse explosion + Teeth prerequisite

Curses:
    Get only decrepify and 3 prereq (amplify damage is great vs normal monsters), decrepify is the bosskillingspell.

Sumonning spells:
    Get summon resist and prereq (clay golem is great vs bosses but recast often!), max 1 point in Raise skeletal mage (they do $µçk really), 1 point Skeleton Mastery, All remaining points in Raise Skeleton

This way Diablo might kill all your skeletons once but u can gather new and retry. (btw if u manage to get to lvl30 before fighting Diablo feel free to get Revive and Prereq but it isn't an absolute necessety)

Keep all decent items that drop for a barbarian.
    Get GoMule and transfer them.

IncGamers Member ToolBoxMurderer's Avatar

Do you play online (ladder) or offline? I may just throw a couple of low-tier items your way.

And yeah, running tombs as a barbarian solo isn't very recommendable, unless you have items that prevent the undead from being revived. Otherwise you just keep slashing up the same monsters over and over again.

IncGamers Member

Yeah, I got in over my head with the undead and everything fell apart on me. But I will be ok. I may sideline D2 for a while, but will come back to it later. Toolbox - I play offline.