Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Where do I start

Hello everyone, I just recently started playing LoD again and I rolled a Necromancer. Playing him is super fun and what not, but I am just so lost on what I should be doing. I am in act 4 right now and level 26 and feel like I have really bad gear and no clue on what I should be doing.

So I guess my question is what should I be doing to gear up my necro and what should be some goals for me in the near future?

-Im a summoner necro

Thanks in advance.

ps sorry for bad english

Re: Where do I start

Your english is fine!

As a summoner, you could practically go naked and still beat Hell.
    As for farming, doing a few Diablo runs until you hit lvl 30 is a possibility. And stack mf on your gear.

In act5, if you rescue Anya in the Crystalline Passage, she appears in town as the "gamble" npc. She also sells items, mf gloves/boots aswell!

And get a 3os helmet, and 3os armor. Should be possible in Act4-5 normal. And fill them with the best Topazes you have for more mf.

After you get 200-250mf, you will notice a huge difference in good drops!

Re: Where do I start

I'll try to address few things here, but first: I think you should read Fishymancer Guide. It's definitely the most detailed, practical and well-thought character build I've ever seen (with some sense of humor on top of that). It helps to understand WHY some choices are preferable (as opposed to simply pointing them out). Latest version: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...ated-for-1-13)

Some advices in a nutshell (nothing you won't find in Nightfish magnum opus):

- be sure to focus your skillpoints on certain goals. It's rather easy with summonmancers: you want to max Raise Skeleton and Skeleton Mastery as soon as possible, one-point-wonders: Amplify Damage, Decrepify and its prerequisites definitely help too. Your next skill to max will be Corpse Explosion. When you'll start to have problems with ranged/elemental attacks, Dim Vision is the King; Attract is also a very good crowd control curse - use them.
    - one point in your favorite golem and Revive will do, along with Summon Resist and Golem Mastery. You should also pick Act2 merc for his aura; Might is much better than Prayer or Blessed Aim, in this case. Holy Freeze isn't a good idea at all - you want corpses, THE CORPSES!
    - short term equipment: you want good resists, some life/mana, and that's it for normal/nightmare. Socket your armor with PTopazes, look for Chance Guards/Nagelrings. Build some cheap runewords, such as: 'Lore', 'Spirit' (assuming you play on Ladder, am I right?), 'Stealth', 'Smoke', 'Rhyme'. 'Insight', even in low quality polearm, really helps - once put on your merc, you can spam Corpse Explosions as much as you want (it gets addicting, be careful!)
    - long term equipment: gear with +skills become more important, resistances are crucial. Don't worry about FCR/FHR breakpoints or defense. Nightfish listed most killer items available on Hell: Homunculus, Arm of King Leoric, Marrowwalk etc. If you still have problems with negative resistances, equip Wizardspike, it's a beautiful weapon.

I hope this helps a little, please ask if new questions arise!