Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 33 of 135 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: X-men mafia game thread

UGH. Forgout about CDM.

No contribution, but a vote. Quickly reacts to the first person reacting to this fact, turning his vote on that person. The slip in, vote, slip out seems awkward, unless he has a powerful role, and wanted to stay in the shadows, but still participate in the voting, which says townie. If he was mafia, he would probably know he is safe from being NK'd, unless we are planning for the worst with some neutral/SK. Also, he could be neutral as well.

CDM, did you target anyone last night? Not asking for a name, nor a power.

IncGamers Site Pal BipolarChemist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by logoutzero View Post
    UGH. Forgout about CDM.

No contribution, but a vote. Quickly reacts to the first person reacting to this fact, turning his vote on that person. The slip in, vote, slip out seems awkward, unless he has a powerful role, and wanted to stay in the shadows, but still participate in the voting, which says townie. If he was mafia, he would probably know he is safe from being NK'd, unless we are planning for the worst with some neutral/SK. Also, he could be neutral as well.

CDM, did you target anyone last night? Not asking for a name, nor a power.
    This just, all of the sudden, came to you? What happened that made you think that name and alignment are randomized?

I'm not asking you to make a claim. But, does your name obviously match your alignment? Based on movies, books, comic books, posters, fan works, videogames, or anything based on, or related to, the X-Men.
    I hate to bring out the Rolefishing Card, but Geez man. This is some hardcore rolefishing.

Also Forgout. lol.
    Then I just won't b​other!

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarChemist View Post
    I hate to bring out the Rolefishing Card, but Geez man. This is some hardcore rolefishing.

Also Forgout. lol.
    is it a trap card or magic card?

Can we call Logout "Forgout" from now on?

IncGamers Site Pal BipolarChemist's Avatar

Yes we can.

So Forgout, what say you?
    Then I just won't b​other!

IncGamers Member

I'm not fishing. I don't want to ask for his role flat out (that would be fishing, cause then anyone could use that claim) because he might have a VERY powerful role. So far, we have 1 basically accepted claim of Iceman/Jailkeeper. Is that a high powered role in this game, an average one, or a weak one? Nobody knows this yet, or at least, nobody has come forward with such information. I kinda figured knowing if he targeted anyone last night could help us to work out what his role might be, or at least, might not be.

BTW, I think he's town, and has a powerful role. Since there's no way for me to secretly ask him that, I have to do it publicly.

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

BTW, I think he's town, and has a powerful role. Since there's no way for me to secretly ask him that, I have to do it publicly.
    But you think that publicly outing him as someone with a "powerful role" is a good idea? You think painting a target on his back for a night kill is a good idea?
    OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarChemist View Post
    I kinda doubt it. There are obvious enemies of the Xmen, so randomizing seems not quite right.
    This just, all of the sudden, came to you? What happened that made you think that name and alignment are randomized?

I'm not asking you to make a claim. But, does your name obviously match your alignment? Based on movies, books, comic books, posters, fan works, videogames, or anything based on, or related to, the X-Men.
    How do you balance a game where known roles are sure to be included?

For example, let's say this was a simpsons themed game. Homer, Marge, Bart, Maggie, Lisa, Flanders, Milhouse, Ralph, Moe etc.

Would you expect any of these names to be anti-town? No. If cyclops is in this game, what's his role? I don't know and neither should anyone but cyclops. Same with Wolverine. We can guess, but we can't be sure. Iceman I'd peg as a roleblock, not as a jailkeeper, yet here we are.

If we name claim we can probably verify 50% of the town. I am not "clamoring" for this as I'm sure there are lesser known X-Men involved, but as someone else stated, you pick off the lesser known people and should be able to expect a win. I'd say that's worth sacrificing the anti-town guessing at power roles by exposing them. And yes, I realize the risk of me coming out and stating this, it's just what I am thinking.

A way to balance this? Make the alignment randomized, not the roles. I don't expect this, but am trying to think of ways to make it so mass role claiming doesn't autowin the game for the town. I mainly state this because I kind of put this in the profile viewing aspect where I think it's cheap and unfair, but it's an option and I think is more worthy of a discussion than should Drixx stick with morse code or go to binary.

change roles to names in that second to last paragraph to better express my point.

I'm not fishing. </snip>
    I kinda figured knowing if he targeted anyone last night could help us to work out what his role might be, or at least, might not be.
    You don't see the contradiction here?

Vote: Logout

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Vote: logoutzero
    OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ