Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Temp-Ban Error Message: Stuff is Messed Up

So I was just kicked out of Bnet. This however was unlike anything I have ever seen since playing the game for the most part since the year 2000:

1. I joined and 20 seconds later exited a single game after being afk in a chat channel for thirty minutes, prior to which I was not rushing in and out of games at all.
    2. The screen just exited to character select screen where the overlay message now said "Server Down". When I clicked "OK" I was returned to the game's main menu.
    3. When I tried to log back on, I now received the classic "your connection has been temporarily restricted from this realm blah-blah-blah".

In short: No discernable reason and "Server Down" error message. So I thought: 'Very strange... I must take this to Ormus!'

Can anyone please explain this? Also: Does attempting to log on again extend a ban (all or any)?

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Re: Temp-Ban Error Message: Stuff is Messed Up

Zoi, regardless of how frustrated you are, please don't bypass our word filter. I've edited your thread title. Thanks.
    OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

Ive noticed that when I stay afk in the chat/lobby, I need to log out and back in. To be able to do anything.

If I dont, the window with a cancel button will stay indefinitly when trying to join/create games.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Zoi, regardless of how frustrated you are, please don't bypass our word filter. I've edited your thread title. Thanks.
    I'll keep that in mind from now on. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Archone View Post
    Ive noticed that when I stay afk in the chat/lobby, I need to log out and back in. To be able to do anything.

If I dont, the window with a cancel button will stay indefinitly when trying to join/create games.
    That's interesting as well, but it doesn't have much in common with the process described in OP.

I should add five minutes later the ban was lifted and everything was fine and dandy again, which makes the situation even stranger to me!

MIND = BLOWN