Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Question about the necessity of a MF character

Hey all

I understand it's better to role a MF character as a first character, a sorceress to be more precise.

I don't like playing a sorceress and am considering playing a Barbarian, my favourite class, right away.

Is that a bad choice? Do I have to make a MF char first or can I be self sufficient with my barb regarding finding good items?

I'm planning on making a Whirlwind barbarian by the way.

Thanks for any input

Re: Question about the necessity of a MF character

find item = MF character
    Barbs are fine

IncGamers Member

Thanks for the reply.

How should I use find item?

And does it go with the WW build ?

Find item goes with and build.
    It doesn't work on bosses, but does work on uniques and super uniques, which are your best targets for the skill.

For example, if you kill pindleskin or a council member you can "hork" (find item) their corpse if it isn't shattered for a chance at a second drop. I usually pump this skill early to at least 40%+ chance of a second drop. You'll see what I mean if you try it on any bosspack you find. That means champs, RNG-named monsters and even minions in b/w fights if you have enough FCR and mana regen to sustain it.
    Try using your wep switch for stacking MF or + skills for higher chance of finding items, faster casting, or both (wizardspike it good, so is HoTo, so it any warcry stick). This doubles the usefulness if you use that weapon swap as your BC, Shout, BO switch, anyway, since you will want +skills there.

I don't have any advice for WW itself, though.

IncGamers Member

Thanks for the advice.

Just a question, what does b/w, FCR, BC and BO mean ?

b/w: between
    FCR: faster cast rate - see this page for details
    BC: Battle Cry (1-pt wonder)
    BO: Battle Orders (max this)

good luck

IncGamers Member

I find the game is generous enough to not require a mfer. After all, you have to outfit the mfer which is wealth that could be spent on your main. The following play style will help you acquire wealth without mfing: Don't make so many characters (outfit just one), do play alone (so people don't take your drops), go for an Area of Effect build instead of Baaling, and don't duel.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    I find the game is generous enough to not require a mfer. After all, you have to outfit the mfer which is wealth that could be spent on your main. The following play style will help you acquire wealth without mfing: Don't make so many characters (outfit just one), do play alone (so people don't take your drops), go for an Area of Effect build instead of Baaling, and don't duel.
    Thanks for the advice. Just a question, what's an area of effect build and why does it not include Baal? Is WW an area of effect build ?

It all depends on how fast u want to progress, every class works, they just gather goodies @ a slower pace.
    U need to find a decent weapon if u play baba from the start or Hell will be slow

Immortal King barbarian, is cheap and easy (be sure to put at least +30% Increased attack speed in your mace sockets):
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...-IK-Guide-v1-1

IncGamers Member

The last ladder reset I played, I started with an hybrid amazon (fishyzon they call her). She never did any MFing, that was for sorcs. And while sorcs everywhere were being massacred in their 7 topazes gear, she was very safe hunting for runes and bases. I gave many spirit swords and rhyme shileds, helped guys with witches and tanking in NM baal games, and provided meditation with the first Insight. Later when we hit Hell I was asked by everyone to help with the council and ancients. So by the time Hell Baal runs started, I was everyone's best friend, being invited to private runs and was first place in the amazon ladder.

So, the moral of the story would be "you don't need a MF character, just play your favorite char and befriend MFers "