Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member
    White people can't have a voice that smooth, come on man.

IncGamers Member
    \"I’m sorry, I’m not racist...\"

One of the easiest ways to identify racism....

PS - Whiteness is not the default race of all humanity.

Worst. Lore. Ever.

Thumbs up for the excellent illustration!

Re: Tyrael's Humanity and Angelic Motivations: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Lore

not to sound like a noob, but didn't Tyrael already defy the heavens once by aiding the Humans in capturing the Three and meddling in the affairs of Humans, without ripping of his wings and becoming human. What makes this ordeal so much different that it required Him to actually throw away his divinity to act. Why is it that at one side Blizzard is implying that Angels do not have free will, that they are bound by their laws, but on the other hand has Tyrael do all sorts of crazy stuff like actually ripping of his wings just to escape from bondage? Like someone already said, this D3 Tyrael is a weak, pathetic joke and makes no sense at all. D2 Tryael was Cool. also not being racist seriously..... but is Tyrael the only black Brother to come out from Diabloverse? Lut-Gholien had people of some what Arab Persian ethnicity, and Caldeum is full of Turkish hierarchy. XD

What is supposed to make Tyrael's recent activities so bad is that he destroyed the Worldstone, potentially upsetting the balance of the universe by allowing the humans to become Nephalem and exposing Sanctuary to a full-blown invasion from Hell. Why did he have to rip off his wings and armor over it? That seems a little forced.

As for the brothers in the Diablo universe, the D1 Sorcerer and the D2 Paladin were both black, but I can't think of another single black NPC beside D3 Tyrael.

Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    As for the brothers in the Diablo universe, the D1 Sorcerer and the D2 Paladin were both black, but I can't think of another single black NPC beside D3 Tyrael.
    Paladin was Black????? 0_o.... I always thought he was some middle eastern, or was that just my monitor brightness at play

I hope they do something in RoS to return Tyrael to his true form. Maybe they can shift the story that in order to withstand and defeat death, Tyrael has to become immortal again.

Yeah, the Paladin was black. That's why everyone played them like "tele tele tele tele, STOP! Hammertime!"

My understanding is this:
    - Paladin was african
    - Sorceress was middle eastern
    - Amazon was mediterranean european (Greek Amazons!)
    - Barbarian was central/northern european
    - Necromancer was... I dunno, pasty white guy? eastern european?
    - Assassin, no idea, something white-ish (I always thought of her as Russian )
    - Druid was same as Barbarian, maybe more Celtic

In Diablo 3, the Wizard finally represented eastern asia, and the Witch Doctor covers the pre-Colombian Americas.

I've always liked how the Diablo universe really spans the range of humanity. They can't cover everything equally all the time (like there's no act in an African or east Asian environment/population), but it's one of the most diverse game settings I can think of. They even break out of the classic european-style settings after D1.

Back to Tyrael, I'm not sure if he even is mortal. I mean, he fell out of the freaking sky and blew a hole through probably half a mile of earth and buildings! He looks like a mortal, but I don't think he really is. Heck, he may never even age, we don't know. If he did die or get killed though, his energy would return through the Crystal Arch and he would be reborn as an angel. That might be exactly what happens!