Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delirium

IncGamers Member

Delirium

Hello everyone,

I'm just curious how you guys deal with the 1% shifting into a bone fetish. I love using Delirium but when I shift into a bone fetish I have to just sit there and wait or just attach with normal attacks, which can be a bad idea. It happens enough to get rather annoying. Any hints?
    Last edited by chickenhed; 12-11-2013 at 16:12. Reason: clarity

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Re: Delirium

Quote Originally Posted by chickenhed View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm just curious how you guys deal with the 1% shifting into a bone fetish. I love using Delirium but when I shift into a bone fetish I have to just sit there and wait or just attach with normal attacks, which can be a bad idea. It happens enough to get rather annoying. Any hints?
    Don't get hit. I've used it in a strafer, and with a merc, valk and decoy used correctly it rarely was an issue.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
    OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

IncGamers Member

Fair enough. The problem I have, however, is that I don't need (or want to use) Delirium on ranged characters. I find it most useful for melee characters to give them more inherent crowd control. So unless I'm using a shield, I still get hit a lot.

IncGamers Member

Stick it on the merc, easy mode activated!

Quote Originally Posted by logoutzero View Post
    Stick it on the merc, easy mode activated!
    This. x Over 9,000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

IncGamers Member

Fair enough. The problem I have, however, is that I don't need (or want to use) Delirium on ranged characters. I find it most useful for melee characters to give them more inherent crowd control. So unless I'm using a shield, I still get hit a lot.
    Well, I can't say for sure that you have it backwards, but I think you do. I tested Delirium on a bunch of characters back when I first completed the recipe and I concluded that I didn't like it for any of my melee characters. The transformation is too much of a risk and the other mods can be outclassed for melee by other helms that are probably available to characters with access to Delirium. But for ranged character Delirium can be quite nice.

And to echo what's already been said, it can also be a good helm for mercenaries. In particular, the rogue mercenaries seem to retain all of their skills while transformed.

If you do use it for your main char, if it casts, just pop a tp and take a portal to another Act. That will transform you back to normal.

IncGamers Member

Great info everyone, thanks.

I think I will just stick to putting it on my merc. On a side note, I also noticed that as a druid if you shapeshift you can get out of the morph, as well if you have any gear that has shapeshifting forms on it (like Beast).

IncGamers Member

Great info everyone, thanks.

I think I will just stick to putting it on my merc. On a side note, I also noticed that as a druid if you shapeshift you can get out of the morph, as well if you have any gear that has shapeshifting forms on it (like Beast).
    'Beast' on switch for the oskill Wereform as a solution to a 1% proc? If runes are really this common, I'm doing something wrong! :P

IncGamers Member

If you just want it for +2 skills, it's a pretty good runeword for a +3 tornado druid helm. Especially as druid can easily put 1 point in a morph ability and get rid of the bone doll form.

If you want it for the crowd control aspects, stick it on the merc.

Otherwise the beast on switch works I guess. Though most of the times, you'll rather want a call to arms.