Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What kind of Sorceress would The Oculus work best with?

It doesn't seem focused towards a specific element.

IncGamers Member

Re: What kind of Sorceress would The Oculus work best with?

That's because it isn't focused toward a specific element. Congratulations, you figured it out! Useful for leveling through Nightmare until a sorceress is ready to equip a real endgame weapon.

Oculus is actually endgame. The downside to using it, and is why people tend to swap it out for Hoto or sometimes Eschutas, is because of the "chance to cast teleport lvl 1 when struck".

Which is very annoying sometimes.

The strongest part of Oculus is the stats/skills ofc, but more importantly the 50% mf it comes with.
    That makes me always use Oculus on my mfers.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Archone View Post
    Oculus is actually endgame. The downside to using it, and is why people tend to swap it out for Hoto or sometimes Eschutas, is because of the "chance to cast teleport lvl 1 when struck".

Which is very annoying sometimes.

The strongest part of Oculus is the stats/skills ofc, but more importantly the 50% mf it comes with.
    That makes me always use Oculus on my mfers.
    Ah, I've usually just gone for the Tal-Rasha's set (and therefore its orb), although I was also thinking of Death's Fathom and HotO. Yeah, the Teleport proc is a big part of that. And I remembered other people doing likewise and eventually ditching The Oculus for HotO. But yeah, it's still a good weapon.

An item build specifically for mf, only uses Tal Amu+Armor+Belt. The rest of the set is actually worse than shako/oculus etc, regarding mf.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Archone View Post
    An item build specifically for mf, only uses Tal Amu+Armor+Belt. The rest of the set is actually worse than shako/oculus etc, regarding mf.
    That's somewhat debatable, imho. Tal's full set offers such a balance of nice benefits that it can free up other slots/charms to focus more on MF or speed. For example, without Tal's you might "need" MF/triple-res boots, but with Tal's you might have a better chance to go with WarTrav's instead.

As for the question in the thread's title, my answer would be "a sorceress that doesn't get hit often."

I rarely have more than 10-20 in all resistances with my mf sorcs. But I agree with you!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by uglyfred View Post
    That's somewhat debatable, imho. Tal's full set offers such a balance of nice benefits that it can free up other slots/charms to focus more on MF or speed. For example, without Tal's you might "need" MF/triple-res boots, but with Tal's you might have a better chance to go with WarTrav's instead.
    I don't actually have any dedicated MF characters, but I've dabbled in it, and that's similar to the approach I took. I guess for all-out MF, I might be willing to skimp out on resistances instead. Not sure.

As for the question in the thread's title, my answer would be "a sorceress that doesn't get hit often."
    The best answer so far. The Oculus has some great features, but requires certain elements of gameplay to be a really great choice for a sorceress.

IncGamers Member

Occy adds a certain degree of suspense into a class that otherwise (depending on the build) is a little too safe.

The correct answer is any Sorc in SC.