Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Is a Hydra Sorc viable?

Would it be worth it? Just summoning 10-second Hydras all day? Would it work?

Re: Is a Hydra Sorc viable?

Ive had one, and it works through Normal and nightmare. But it had problems in Hell.

I found that she needed a secondary attack, and ended up with Frozen Orb.

IncGamers Member

I have one and use het for glacial trail mf runs. Is it worth it? don't know...she is basically a fire sorc, you will have better power with fireball but it's something diffrent and fun. I went for single-tree sorc but had orb with FOrb on switch. as with any 1 element sorc you will have to do lots of teleporting and skipping immunes.

IncGamers Member

Hydra is a good fire skill to use on a tri-element sorc. Other strong fire spells tend to require synergies to really shine. While Fire Wall easily beats Hydra for sheer damage output, the automatic targeting from a distance provided by Hydra is useful. The combination of Hydra and Frozen Orb lets a tri-element sorc pick off most enemies from way back.

As for just Hydra by itself, while it certainly could kill non-immune mobs, and even bosses, a synergized Fireball would do so much, much faster.