Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    IncGamers Member Holy Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Tristram
    Posts
    216

    Does Decrepify give amplified damage?

    That's the description on the D2 skill planner, but I'm not sure.

  2. #2
    IncGamers Member Archone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,589

    Re: Does Decrepify give amplified damage?

    The curse Amplified damage, makes enemies take an additional 100% damage...

    Or more exact, it reduces enemies Physical resistance by a 100 points. So a 100% physical resistant monster, would not be immune after amp dmg has been cast upon it. (But will have a reduced effect, 1/5, therefor leaving the monster with 80% ph.res.)

    Decrepify works similarly, but slows aswell (-50% move and attack speed iirc). The amp dmg effect only reduces ph.res with 50 though.

  3. #3
    IncGamers Member Holy Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Tristram
    Posts
    216

    Re: Does Decrepify give amplified damage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Archone View Post
    The curse Amplified damage, makes enemies take an additional 100% damage...

    Or more exact, it reduces enemies Physical resistance by a 100 points. So a 100% physical resistant monster, would not be immune after amp dmg has been cast upon it. (But will have a reduced effect, 1/5, therefor leaving the monster with 80% ph.res.)

    Decrepify works similarly, but slows aswell (-50% move and attack speed iirc). The amp dmg effect only reduces ph.res with 50 though.
    So as an Explosion Necro, would Amplified Damage or Decrepify make a better general hot key for PvM, say Chaos Runs

  4. #4
    D3 Monk Moderator kestegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Posts
    47,569

    Re: Does Decrepify give amplified damage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Dude View Post
    So as an Explosion Necro, would Amplified Damage or Decrepify make a better general hot key for PvM, say Chaos Runs
    Decrepify really isn't the best general use curse. It's great for a single nasty monster (like bosses or super uniques sometimes) but Amplify is just so much more damage. Amplify also gets a larger radius with more points, where Decrepify has a fixed radius that is very small.

  5. #5
    IncGamers Site Pal pharphis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    9,172

    Re: Does Decrepify give amplified damage?

    Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Decrepify really isn't the best general use curse. It's great for a single nasty monster (like bosses or super uniques sometimes) but Amplify is just so much more damage. Amplify also gets a larger radius with more points, where Decrepify has a fixed radius that is very small.
    this .

    I always hotkey decrep for hairy situational use only, like a crazy archer pack or to slow a boss down (usually I replace the curse with LR or Amp as needed if a clay golem slows them down further )

  6. #6
    IncGamers Member Holy Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Tristram
    Posts
    216

    Re: Does Decrepify give amplified damage?

    Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    this .

    I always hotkey decrep for hairy situational use only, like a crazy archer pack or to slow a boss down (usually I replace the curse with LR or Amp as needed if a clay golem slows them down further )
    So if you were to choose 3 curses to hot key for a Summon CE Necro, what would they be?

  7. #7
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    372

    Re: Does Decrepify give amplified damage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Dude View Post
    So if you were to choose 3 curses to hot key for a Summon CE Necro, what would they be?
    Amplify Damage, Decrepify, and Life Tap. The only curses (other than Lower Resist, which isn't really necessary for summoners) that have my respect.

    By the way, Decrepify is a fine general use curse for bone necromancers. It cripples monsters, which is moderately useful, while no other curse does much to synergize with bone spells.

    Always use Amplify Damage alongside Corpse Explosion. It's really strong. For summoners Amplify Damage is the obvious curse for general gameplay. Cheaper than Decrepify, lasts longer, covers a wider area, and has more offensive power.

    Life Tap is almost always unnecessary, but is an easy way to keep a mercenary alive in a pinch.
    Last edited by Namtar; 15-12-2013 at 07:18.

  8. #8
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    1,879

    Re: Does Decrepify give amplified damage?

    You should also note here some crowd control curses. While widely ignored on ladder, those are very useful in untwinked play.

  9. #9
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    372

    Re: Does Decrepify give amplified damage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Lotus View Post
    You should also note here some crowd control curses. While widely ignored on ladder, those are very useful in untwinked play.
    Someone else can note them. I don't use them, don't like them, and wish I could trade all of them for something useful.

  10. #10
    IncGamers Site Pal pharphis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    9,172

    Re: Does Decrepify give amplified damage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Dude View Post
    So if you were to choose 3 curses to hot key for a Summon CE Necro, what would they be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Namtar View Post
    Amplify Damage, Decrepify, and Life Tap. The only curses (other than Lower Resist, which isn't really necessary for summoners) that have my respect.

    By the way, Decrepify is a fine general use curse for bone necromancers. It cripples monsters, which is moderately useful, while no other curse does much to synergize with bone spells.

    Always use Amplify Damage alongside Corpse Explosion. It's really strong. For summoner's Amplify Damage is the obvious curse for general gameplay. Cheaper than Decrepify, lasts longer, covers a wider area, and has more offensive power.

    Life Tap is almost always unnecessary, but is an easy way to keep a mercenary alive in a pinch.
    He answered the way I would. I haven't played a summoner past normal (yawn), but I would use those curses.
    I do play a poison necro and so I swap b/w lower res and amp for nova and CE, respectively.

    Crowd control is of note, but I too haven't used them much at all. Specifically the blinding one (wow I can't remember the name) and attract are used most.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •