Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MC_Snails - the beta Bramble Poisonmancer

MC_Snails has been created.

Along with my 168% beta Bramble, I brought forward my 12BO CtA and my beta Crescent Moon in a 1.07 eth Thresher (since my theory is that the AoE Static from the merc will work well with the AoE poison). I also brough forward all my applicable skillers and some twinkage from 1.09 like Ravenclaw, an eth Battlebranch and Duskdeep.

Since I'll be hoping for some frequent Static from the CM, I'm settled on a Crown of Thieives and Treachery for the merc.

Of course the endgame weapon will be the Death's Web traded by Nulio (thanks very much, Nulio!), and I'm planning on Trang's Cantor Trophy + gloves + belt for the additional -25 EPR.

An Envy Long Bow will be used from level 1 to 15.

Re: MC_Snails - the beta Bramble Poisonmancer

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyD View Post
    MC_Snails has been created.

Along with my 168% beta Bramble, I brought forward my 12BO CtA and my beta Crescent Moon in a 1.07 eth Thresher (since my theory is that the AoE Static from the merc will work well with the AoE poison). I also brough forward all my applicable skillers and some twinkage from 1.09 like Ravenclaw, an eth Battlebranch and Duskdeep.
    Your items, sir, are disgustingly delicious!

I sure hope you'll be using LR, not only for the poison but for the static proc. It will make a HUGE difference, I promise

Cheese goes well with olives - are you going to throw some facets on top of all you've alredy gathered?
    Also, do you self-mp?

Heh - I love olives too! I didn't even think about Facets - but I do happen to have a ridiculous # of Larzuks from the HF rushing (got all levels of Larzuks for each crew). And it happens that 4 of the 5 Facets I've found from my earlier 1.13 chars are poison. But - none are 5/5. My 2 best options are:

4/4 Level-up
    5/3 Death

I'm thinking the 4/4 Level-up would be best for the DWeb. I prolly won't put a Facet in the Shako - I think I'd prefer a pTopaz.

To answer questions:

Yes, I did self-MP for the rushing and HF collections.

Yes, I plan to LR all over the place (and have a couple Hexing GCs planned for the equip). Prolly won't even bother with Amp even for CE - LR will be my

@MYK - did I forget to mention the 1.10a +2 skills BKWB from Nulio that I plan on using along with a collection of 1.09 xxxxx SCs of Inertia?

So a quick update... Got MC_Snails to Slayer last night, hitting level 49 on some CRAZY XP from the Minions of Destruction. The path so far...

Early game went as expected - used an Envy Long Bow from levels 1-14, relying on my favorite partial Set combos for armor (Arctic to start, then Death's + Angelic at level 12), making the best of a tedious part of the game. No problems encountered, of course - the stats from those low level Set are really awesome for the early game. 1.09 Raven Claw got put to use at level 15, and it performed well through Act 2. In early Act 3, when MC_Snails hit level 30 for the build-focused gear, the RC had started to slow down a bit (but the timing was perfect).

Other than the 1-point wonders, Poison Dagger and Poison Explosion were pumped for the upcoming Poison Nova, so PN was plenty powerful from the get-go. Level 30 gear included Skin of the Vipermagi, Peasant Crown, Ume's Lament, a nice rare Necro head, with Jade Tan Do with a Rhyme Necro head on switch, and Hwanin's Justice, Skin of the Vipermagi, and (at 31) Rockstopper. Since I have crazy Larzuk rewards available, I popped a socket in the HJ for an Amn rune - worked just fine.

Got to CS at level 36, but ran Act 4 a couple of times to get to level 38 so I could have my nice eth Hone Sundan on the Merc and a Blackbog's Sharp for the Necro. I've learned from 1.09 that SoVM is THE armor for dealing with Normal Big D due to the resists + MDR - and that worked well in 1.13 as well.

So with the avalanche of XP in Act 5, MC_Snails got to level 42 before the Frozen Tunnels, at which point I did a total makeover to his charm inventory - 6x Fungal + 2x Hexing, pumping PN since level 30, and eqipping Waterwalks and a Hommy, and BAM that Poison Nova got RIDICULOUS (plus, with the total of 10 MPK, I no longer had to worry about blue bulb management). It's power outpaced the growth of monster toughness, so by late Act 5 (and with the benefit of Trang's Gloves at level 45), he was one-shotting most monsters, even champions and uniques.

I was nervous to go take on Nilly (after my 1.09 WF Zon's only death being a OSK to Nilly), but it turned out that I didn't even see movement in the red bulb when Nilly snuck a few CEs with some corpses MC_Snails missed (yes, CE is his Poison Immune solution). I did find it interesting that Nilly did something I've never seen him do before - attack directly with an Arctic Blast as he was dying of poison. Is this direct attack one of the changes from 1.09 to 1.10+?

So... PN was ROCKING through late Normal Act 5, but the Minions of Destruction actually did require several PNs and a PD to Lister to finally take them down (providing approximately a full level of XP at level 48!).

So, having already equipped him for NM, I'm 'bout to take it on. My only question is... do I go ahead and equip the truly broken gear as it becomes available in NM (beta CM Thresher for Merc, 1.10a BKWB, beta Bramble), or save all that for Hell?

Thanks for reading.

I say save it for hell and stream it

Save it for hell, of course! Didn't your mother teach you to save the cookies for the dessert? :3

IncGamers Member

That's a great roll on the beta Bramble- I would be very nervous about making a runeword with such a huge variation (+69-207%) with such expense!

I was pretty nervous, but I set my standard for success to anything over 100%, since that's the 1.10a percentage. I was QUITE happy with the roll!