Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Re: Is this illegal in your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by korialstraz View Post
    Haven't I seen a post like this before? I got a weird case of deja vu. >_>
    Yes, we had pretty much the same topic a few years ago, also by somebody with his first post or so who never returned IIRC. I ask myself which kind of conspiracy may be behind it .

Regarding the issue, it's like this in Germany (I'm probably repeating myself here as well):

At home, the parents decide, assuming that serving alcohol isn't of a kind which could be considered as dangerous for the child. A bit wine for a 12 year old for chinking glasses wouldn't be a problem. Otherwise it's OK to buy and drink beer and wine at the age of 16. For booze, it's 18. Drinking in public is allowed. You can even drink while driving, but the police will certainly check your blood alcohol level then.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Well, generally, within your own home you can do whatever you want, since nobody can come to check up on you.

But drinking in public is illegal as well, as far as I know you can only drink in bars and on their terraces, and only within the legal limit (usually the same limit as for driving a car)
    But in reality, nobody cares, as long as you don't openly disturb anyone in public...

As far as the beer case thingy goes, if you're allowed to work and drive a car and have children,
    then why shouldn't you be allowed to drink? (I know it's illegal in US under 21, just my 2 cents)

IncGamers Member

Imo, it may as well be legal since his older friends can just buy him all the beer he wants. And let's not forget moonshiners, home brewing kits...and pruno (don't look it up). The only way to stop underaged drinking is to 1) have a cop follow every teenager around all day or 2) annihilate all of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    Yes, we had pretty much the same topic a few years ago, also by somebody with his first post or so who never returned IIRC. I ask myself which kind of conspiracy may be behind it .
    So I'm not going crazy! Good. ^_^
    Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

Let's say it this way: In case you are crazy, you aren't all alone with your kind of insanity.
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

I heard living in denial helps.
    Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    Imo, it may as well be legal since his older friends can just buy him all the beer he wants. And let's not forget moonshiners, home brewing kits...and pruno (don't look it up). The only way to stop underaged drinking is to 1) have a cop follow every teenager around all day or 2) annihilate all of humanity.
    How about going back in time and follow the timeline (from the first on) every person who creates alcohol, so it never exists?

A case of beer helps as well. I have to insist on glass bottles with crown caps, however.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

De Nile is a river in Egypt
    Think Crocodiles

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    How about going back in time and follow the timeline (from the first on) every person who creates alcohol, so it never exists?
    You'd have to go pretty far back. Alcohol was the first drug ever used. It was discovered when cavemen ate rotting fruit which forms some alcohol. I've been waiting so long to post that trivia.

But even if you could tinker with time, the many forms of alcohol would continually crop up in labs and in nature, making the task too challenging. It's too important (and simple) a molecule to erase from our history. Any organic compound with an OH group is an alcohol.