DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Diablo 2 performance issues HELP!

I am having issues running diablo2 on my laptop
    win7 64bit home.
    Intel i3
    4gb ram
    nvidia 315m

the game loaded fine but i have horrible stuttering issues mainly when the game is revealing unexplored sections of the map.

I have tried all i can find to fix the issue.

What i have tried-

Stopping and disabing windows mediaplayer network sharing (read there was a conflict with a windows update)

Running the game in admin with compatibility for xp SP3 and disabling desktop composition (this allowed me to load the game with non direct 3d options.)

running the game with direct 2d.

using svens diablo 2 glide wrapper (this with settings from here >http://www.medianxl.com/t108-diablo-2-glide-wrapper
    all it did was make it pretty in or out of window mode.)

None of these fix's solved my problem.
    The lag is just as bad and makes the game unplayable for me. the lag gets me killed.

I wanted to play the midianXL2012 mod for the game but the lag makes it impossible to play, the lag is there even on vanilla diablo 2.

the game version i am running is 1.12 perhaps updating might help? if so please give me a link to where i can update as the auto updater does not work.

Re: Diablo 2 performance issues HELP!

Go to blizzards patch page, there you can download the patch manually.

Have you tried run the video test located on the D2 cd?
    There you could change the video settings.. I dont remember what they call them, but basically one of them should work for you.
    This question has been asked before, and theyve managed to make it work by doing just that.

Peace

IncGamers Member

i tried all that last night. i have updated to 1.13 and am using the 3dfx glide that svens enables. its the one that works best but it doesnt fix my issues just makes it a little better, 2d game me horrid graphic issues and 3d was 10x worse then what glide does.

The game seems to take issue to newer computers, my old junk heap laptop ran it perfect, but its in no state to play anything on these days.

I also tried playing a TCP/IP game last night and had a whole new set of issues. the game would run ok (same lag) then suddenly run far too quickly for a few seconds then go back to lagging.

I have no idea what is going on.
    I used to be able to run it on this machine fine until i upgraded to the 64bit version of my OS. (legit copy FYI its a toshiba laptop so it has both built in.)

Its really annoying and its gotten me killed a few times.

I use win7 64bit, and my setup is about 2 years old. And Ive had no problems I couldnt solve..

Sry mate, you should wait for someone else to give their own advise. Cause that was all I had!

Good luck!

IncGamers Member

have you tried the " /fps " in game?
    you can see the fps and ping
    for the fps you have to see maybe 50+ fps, for me its only working in windowed mode
    ping should be under 100 for smooth game experience