Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

HC Monk Shield/THnded/DW question

Hi All,

I'm rather new to hardcore play and the monk class. Currently I'm playing my way through normal with a fist weapon and a shield. Problem is it looks kinda wrong. Giving the monk a staff or two fist weapons looks and feels better IMO. Now I'd rather look bad then be a dead character, so I've decided to stick with the shield for now.

I was wondering if any HC monk players played their character DW/2Hnded. If so how did you find the game? Did you find you were more likely to die without a shield?

Many thanks, and good hunting in your HC adventures.

Raven

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Re: HC Monk Shield/THnded/DW question

This has been discussed many times. General advice is to be safe and level to -say- paragon 20 with shield and then start experimenting with shield/DW/2H. They can all be good, so it's a matter of personal taste.

My first monk was S&B all the way until he died at P49, was fine in MP6, maybe higher even. My 2nd monk (P63) was also S&B board until recently I switched to Dual Wield. Plays quite differently but MP6 is also fine. So both work and 2H can work also with a Bell build although that is not for me.

Thanks for the response Grishok. Your advice is helpful. Sorry for the repeat question I should have done a proper forum search before posting

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

No problem, I recently dived into this again, some choices keep lingering in the back of your head and this is surely one of them

GL with getting to 60, the monk thread is full of good info.