Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: OT: Workout and Diet Log

My diet is carefully planned, but as I'm bulking just now I can be a lot more relaxed about it. I train six days a week;
    Monday - chest
    Tuesday - back
    Wednesday - legs
    Thursday - Shoulders/traps
    Friday - arms
    Saturday - legs
    Sunday - rest

I'm 5 - 10 or 11.

I also weigh everything I eat, so I know exactly what I'm getting.

Kitteh - what happened to all your cute curly hair? At least it looked curly in the couple of pics I've seen. Have you shaved your head?

Good job with this - I am applauding, admiring, and thanking God I don't have to do any of it.

Haha, I haven't shaved it as such, but I got it trimmed early this week

I should point out that not all of my exercises recorded, for two reasons. On arms day I do a tricep press super set with the bar and rope, but I can't angle my phone to record them both from a good angle, so there is no point. The other reason is that I'm not actually allowed to record if there are other people nearby. This is why I was also unable to record my v-bar presses :(

Today was arms;
    EZ bar curls
    Incline hammer curls
    Cable curls (drop set; 27/23/28 kg) (my form is actually a bit off, my upper arms shouldn't be moving much, if at all)
    Skull crushers (if you watch me carefully you'll notice I mess up one of my reps, it is where the name comes from )
    DB Extensions
    Triceps presses (bar/rope and the v-bar)

Videos:

Spoiler

The real question is does Briony approve?

Great to see you looking so well. Don't overdo it now - those limbs need to last you a long time. My knees are wrecked c/o Jillian Michaels.

She does! Last time I got a 3 all over and it wasn't received so well

I'm taking this weekend off training to just relax, get some studies done and load up on carbs. However, I thought I'd share the recipe for one of my current favourite meals.

The veg varies depending on what I have available/what needs to be used. Veg is versatile

Quote Originally Posted by Goldtru View Post
    The real question is does Briony approve?

Great to see you looking so well. Don't overdo it now - those limbs need to last you a long time. My knees are wrecked c/o Jillian Michaels.
    Unless you have an MRI that shows connective tissue damage, your knees are probably fine. I would bet money that your pain is being caused by an abused iliotibial band, which can be fixed through soft tissue work such as foam rolling and stretching. "Bad" knees and back are the two most abused excuses I get when I'm trying to train people, and unless you were in a car accident or something it can almost always be fixed without surgery. It seems that most people's favorite word is "can't". I happen to know a guy who WAS in a car accident and fixed his back without surgery. Anyway sorry for the hijack, we now return to your regularly scheduled Kitteh.

I have 3 kinds of arthritis in my knees, so don't tell me that I can't say can't. I appreciate the pep talk but my knees click when I walk now, and I got a cane for my last birthday which I fortunately don't need to use all the time.

Anyway, Kitteh is doing good work and he's the right age for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldtru View Post
    I have 3 kinds of arthritis in my knees, so don't tell me that I can't say can't. I appreciate the pep talk but my knees click when I walk now, and I got a cane for my last birthday which I fortunately don't need to use all the time.

Anyway, Kitteh is doing good work and he's the right age for it!
    I tell everyone they can't say they can't. I don't believe in the word. There are people on this forum who have beaten Diablo 2 naked, completed the grail, and got to level 99. John Glenn went into SPACE at 77 years old. Kitteh gained 80 pounds and got his life back. People do a lot of things they "can't" do once they remove the personal barriers that stop them.

Three types of arthritis? Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and...post-traumatic arthritis? Did you tear a meniscus doing Jillian Michaels? Again, without an MRI or exploratory surgery you (and presumably your doctor) are just guessing. I hope you never have to use that cane, but it's your choice not mine.

I hear you, believe me. You sound very enthusiastic and optimistic, and my hat is off to that. I have rheumatoid, osteo and psoriatic arthritis - I know, I know, I got greedy and should have stopped at one or two kinds. And my point is just that individuals do have limits which you have to respect. You're quite right that we are our own worst enemies when we say "I can't" - I always felt that knitting patterns, for example, shouldn't say "easy" "medium" or "advanced" because you automatically have a harder time with the advanced ones. But at the same time, when the zombie apocalypse comes, I will be the one distracting the walkers so that everyone else can flee to safety, because my knees and other joints are so bad that I cannot run. That wouldn't have been true *mumble mumble* years ago, but it's certainly true now. Unless I had a horse. Or a motorcycle. Then I could get away from the walkers. Actually I don't know how to ride a motorcycle, so make it a regular bike. I'm supposed to be riding my bike anyway.

I have had to use the cane for 2 separate chunks of time, not fun. :( I'm too young for a cane.

But this is Kitteh's blog and I don't want to make it all about me. Go Kitteh!!

BattleTag Elly-1983

Did you measure your arms to begin with? If so any change yet?

I'm trying to build some muscle up although I don't want to me muscley like Madonna just defined and I'm finding it so slow going. I don't do weight training though as it's full of people posing and standing around wiping their hands dry on towels gawking at others. However I do a good few classes a week but the tone up sure is taking its sweet time. I'm still motivated though.
    Elly - Admin,
    Diablo: IncGamers on Twitter on You Tube on Facebook
    DiabloNut.Com (Diablo 3 database) - Blue Post Tracker - Diablo3Ladders.Com

New to Diablo 3? Read this great primer.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, you behaviour does.