Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: My wolfman has hit a wall

Carrion vine - of course! That makes sense.

Sorry, didn't realize you posted here again, the new strategry forum setup is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldtru View Post
    Pyro, I have a couple of questions about your advice.

1. Why do you suggest putting points in the creepers? I haven't been using them at all, so that I could dump more points in to the wolves. So I must be missing some information about the creepers, and why they are important.
    2. Since the WW has so much life, do I need to put more points into Vit? In other words, I'm spending all my time as the wolf and his life is somewhere around 1400 (that's the number that shows up in the red bulb in the game). The base life is obviously much lower than that. So do I still need to pump Vit?
    3. What do you think of the ravens? I know that they do very little damage and are usually disparaged on the boards here, but to be honest, I have found them very useful for distracting monsters. Yes, they don't do much damage, but they do keep you from being swarmed. Opinion?

He is struggling again in hell, but I suppose that is to be expected. I'm giving him a bit of a break while I blast through Normal with an Amazon. Holy guacamole is the Amazon amazing.

I found Black Chaos armor and just realized that I should have made Lionheart out of it. I still can ... but I put ptopazs in it because he was finding absolutely NOTHING and I love finding stuff. It's like shopping only without spending any money.

You should come play with me some time!
    1. I only ever put one point in the creepers, and only to the one I'm going to use. Someone above me mentioned that it gets rid of corpses, but the second one (I don't remember the name) returns a small portion of life for every corpse it eats, which can be helpful for surviving long fights. Don't do more than one though, they are pretty useless otherwise.

2. I like to have lots of life. Its a preference thing since I play HC, dex only adds a small amount of extra attack rating and defense (worthless), and strength adds 1% ed per stat point, so in comparison to fury that extra damage is minimal. I just think more life = more survival = better overall. But if you are comfortable with your life than you can add more in strength.

3. No more than one point, you can only summon 5 max, and they are only useful to blind things (so they cant see you from far away). I think with all of your plus skills you should be able to keep 5 up at a time, you can probably add a couple points if you can't keep 5 up at a time, but its really not that hard to resummon them.

And as mentioned above, runewords can only be made in plain items so no magic or rare/unique items.

And I totally would, you should start playing HC mode, thats where the fun is at!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrotechnician View Post
    Sorry, didn't realize you posted here again, the new strategry forum setup is terrible.

1. I only ever put one point in the creepers, and only to the one I'm going to use. Someone above me mentioned that it gets rid of corpses, but the second one (I don't remember the name) returns a small portion of life for every corpse it eats, which can be helpful for surviving long fights. Don't do more than one though, they are pretty useless otherwise.

2. I like to have lots of life. Its a preference thing since I play HC, dex only adds a small amount of extra attack rating and defense (worthless), and strength adds 1% ed per stat point, so in comparison to fury that extra damage is minimal. I just think more life = more survival = better overall. But if you are comfortable with your life than you can add more in strength.

3. No more than one point, you can only summon 5 max, and they are only useful to blind things (so they cant see you from far away). I think with all of your plus skills you should be able to keep 5 up at a time, you can probably add a couple points if you can't keep 5 up at a time, but its really not that hard to resummon them.

And as mentioned above, runewords can only be made in plain items so no magic or rare/unique items.

And I totally would, you should start playing HC mode, thats where the fun is at!
    So is SC against your religion?

I might be able to do HC with an Amazon. I'm building a witchyzon, she just got to act 4 normal and only died twice, both times to blood lords in Mephistos durance, go figure. Every other char dies like they just love it.

So question: if you die in HC what happens to the game? Ie do you start a new char at level 1 if all your buds are in hell? Or is that all she wrote?

Thanks.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

You need a pack of Pals.

You are dead - http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...e-Ends-Up-Here - But !!!

You can allow others with you to pick up your stuff to pass to the new you.

(if done in Advance)

and talk in channels as a Dead guy, What fun, Click the gem for extra points while dead

Quote Originally Posted by Goldtru View Post
    So is SC against your religion?

I might be able to do HC with an Amazon. I'm building a witchyzon, she just got to act 4 normal and only died twice, both times to blood lords in Mephistos durance, go figure. Every other char dies like they just love it.

So question: if you die in HC what happens to the game? Ie do you start a new char at level 1 if all your buds are in hell? Or is that all she wrote?

Thanks.
    Its not, but its not as exciting to me anymore so its hard for me to play when there is no fear of losing.

If you die in HC thats it, you don't show back up in town where you can run to retrieve your corpse, it just takes you back to the menu and you can no longer play the character. If you are playing with friends, before you push the escape key, they can "loot" your body, which will allow them to pick up your armor/weapons etc. After that you can exit and bring in a different character to get your gear back. The only thing is, anything in your inventory is lost. If you are in a group and die, its a pain because everyone else will still be at level whatever, but most of the time we work together to get you back up to speed unless we are really far along where its at the point that its better to just make a new character and start fresh the next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Ok Pyro - look me up on hamachi and I'll give it a shot!

fair word of warning:

1. you will die a lot untill you get it right.
    2. you will loose all love for games that do not have hardcore.