Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Tri-Elemental Sorceress -Unchain the wild women!

There we go again... Someone is going to bring the Tri-Elemental Sorceress back on... There's only one difference, I'm not interested in the pure-Caster setup, but I want to use it for Caster AND Melee.

First of all I wanted to know if my Skills we're doing enough damage, so I checked it on a Skill Calculator. Because I like 'Armageddon' and 'Meteor' the most I wanted to test 'Meteor' first. 'Armageddon' is not possible on a Sorceress (badly enough). :cry: :cry: : cry: Too bad that I found out that using all those Skills is impossible. I just don't have enough Skill Points to utilize them all... Now I'm even crying more...

For the Ice Tree I've choosen for the 'Frozen Orb' and just one point into 'Cold Mastery'. As I told before I wanted to make it a Caster and a Melee character so I must choose for 'Enchant' as it's Primary Skill and to make it even more our of the ordinary, I wanted to use the 'Dream' Runewords so I did pump up the 'Lightning Mastery' to boost my power.

So far we've the following Skills:
    Number of Hard Points | Name of the Skill | Total points

Cold Spells:
    5 Prereqs
    20 Frozen orb (33)
    1 Cold Mastery (14)
    - Shiver Armor (16)

Lightning Spells:
    1 Static Field (14)
    1 Telekinesis (14)
    1 Teleport (14)
    20 Lightning Mastery (33)
    - Energy Shield (19)

Fire Spells:
    4 Prereqs
    1 Fire Wall (23)
    20 Warmth (42)
    20 Enchant (45)
    7 Fire Mastery (29)

The Casting Spells (during battle) are 'Frozen orb', 'Fire Wall', and the Melee Skills are the 'Holy Shock', 'Enchant' and obv. 'Zeal' from the 'Passion' Runeword. As you can see I'm not using 'Enchant' to it's fully extend, but the 'Holy Shock' aura will make up for the lack of 'Fire Mastery'.

Now you're all wondering why I'm not using 'Energy Shield' and 'Shiver Armor' or 'Frozen Armor'... I'll use them, but I just do not want to waste any points in there. Just wear a 'Memory' with +3 'Enchant', +3 'Shiver Armor' and +3 'Energy Shield'.

Now we've got the Basics of the character and you're LV.90 now... When I reach LV.91, I'm just going to dump one point into 'Meteor'. Do you want to know why? I'm just a freak. If I were you... Don't do it and just put it in 'Fire Mastery'. It'll stronger your 'Enchant' and your 'Fire Wall'. I do not only choose for 'Meteor' for the fun of it. I like a Skill that can be Cast precisly in a area were I want it, for clearing hostile casters, but that's just how I play. For the build it's better to put it in 'Fire Mastery' for 'Enchant' and 'Fire Wall'.

Now we got all the Skills so we're going to the equipment. We just need to keep a few things in mind.
    - Damage Reduction The Sorceress doesn't have much life, so we must reduce all the damage we can, but not hurting her killing speed!
    - Faster Hit Recovery This is for the same reason as Damage Reduction. I like to go on the offensive, but you still need to keep alive for doing damage. Because of her low health and most of the time weakly defense she will be kicked in the *** a bit faster then a Barbarian or a Paladin for an instant.
    - 105% FCR She still is a Caster character so 105% must be reached!
    - 40% IAS You'll use 'Passion' for the 'Zeal' Skill to do more DPS, so you need to reach the maximum. Didn't I tell you she was a Melee character as well?
    - + Skills For her dealing significant damage she needs, must have, + Skills
    - CBF CBF stands for 'Cannot be Frozen'. You can discuss if she needs it, because she can Cast as well, but I recommend that you need it.
    - AR 'Enchant' gives a percentage boost to 'Attack Rating', so you need to have some hard points into 'Attack Rating'.
    - RES Like every character you need to reach maximum 'Resistance'. Don't be afraid for a 'Conviction' Aura because you can 'Teleport' to them and kick their asses. Obviously your Mercenary will use 'Infinity' as well, but I don't trust the Mercenaries... o_O

So I've came up with this list:

Helmet: Dream // Tiara
    Armor: Treachery // Dusk Shroud
    Weapon: Passion // Phase Blade
    Shield: Dream // Troll Nest
    Weapon 2: Heart of the Oak // Flail
    Shield 2: Spirit // Monarch
    Gloves: Magefist
    Belt: Verdungo's Hearty Cord
    Boots: Sandstorm Trek
    Amulet: Caster Crafted Amulet
    Ring: Ravenfrost
    Ring: Stone of Jordan

The 'Dream' and 'Passion' equipment is for the core-build and the rest is all to make sure that her survivability is increased. On the Switch you'll have the gear for the Casting part of this build.
    I choose 'Treachery' because of the 45% IAS, LV.15 'Fade' (60 to Res and 15% DR) and 20% FHR.
    'Verdungo's Hearty Cord' has three advantages above other belts; +10% FHR, +40 Vit and +15% DR.
    'Sandstorm Trek' is for the FHR, Str and Vit.
    'Magefist' and the Caster Crafted Amulet are here for reaching the 105% FCR Breakpoint.
    The 'Stone of Jordan' is necessary for the + Skills and the boost to Many.

In your Inventory you'll have the 'Annihilus', 'Hellfire Torch', 8x Fire Skiller (9x is possible as well), 'Memory' Runeword and a 'Call to Arms' Runeword.

For the ones who are interested in the Mercenary... Just pick up the Desert Mercenary (Defiance) and give him a 'Infinity' Runeword and a 'Vampire Gaze' and a 'Shaftstop'. Boost his Resistance because he only needs to stay alive. You're the killer and he is NOT! This character can survive without him.

So what is the big idea of this character. 'Frozen Orb' will be the crowd controller of this build. 'Fire Wall' will decrease the Life of the enemies before they even reach you and 'Enchant' and the 'Holy Shock' aura will rapidly assassinate the rest of the minions! Good luck with bashing all your buttons through your keyboard! Enjoy it!

15-10-2013 Edit: I'm going to check out the 'Marrowwalk' boots for this character. You can use the 'Life Tap' chargers to raise your survivability and the 'Bone Prison' are quite handy to hold off a specific monster. It could be used as a tech. Aldur's Advance could be handy as well for the 10% Damage Taken goes to Mana Mod on it. I'm going to check both out. ^^
    Last edited by HCNemesis; 19-10-2013 at 08:02.

IncGamers Member

Re: Tri-Elemental Sorceress -Unchain the wild women!

Are there actually no comments on my guide...? =S

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

We try to live by the principal our mothers taught of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

I like the idea

Tri-Elemental Sorceress -Unchain the wild women!

Seems pretty good. Looks like it can become a great success if planned well. Good luck, and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by crawlingdeadman View Post
    We try to live by the principal our mothers taught of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".
    Lol :x .

Quote Originally Posted by HCNemesis View Post
    Are there actually no comments on my guide...? =S
    Have you actually beaten the game using this build? I can't tell based on what you posted. I only play Single Player so some of these items I'll never have access to.
    I made 7 tri-elementalists (pure casters) over the years. They could run up to 4 players and I took them all to Hell (Hell difficulty) and back. I also posted a mat thread for each one. My favorite was my last one that used FW/L/CL/FO. Here's the thread. Hope it will be of use to you. http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...7-(L-CL-FW-FO) I'm thinking of getting back into D2 so I can finally get that Sorceress to lvl 99. Good luck!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by EnerSense View Post
    Have you actually beaten the game using this build? I can't tell based on what you posted. I only play Single Player so some of these items I'll never have access to.
    Yeah, if you haven't experienced it, an enchantress with dual Dreams hits very, very hard. And I suppose that with Frozen Orb, it's technically a tri-elementalist setup. While that does work, if we're assuming really good endgame gear, it seems a bit silly to deck out a sorc as a melee character, give her insane fire and lightning damage on-hit, and then go, "Hey, I have a third element when I cast this Frozen Orb." A melee enchantress can definitely deal enough physical damage, with enough leech (Dracul's Grasp is mandatory) that dual fire/lightning immunes aren't really a problem. I've done it. It's easier to do as a bear (using Griswold's Redemption for a 5-frame attack, see Clervis' guide for what's possibly the ideal), but still reasonable with Passion (and I'm looking into some other options).

I view hybrid enchantress/caster sorcs as an option for people that can't get gear powerful enough to make a dedicated enchantress really shine. And that's not really what this guide is about.

I made 7 tri-elementalists (pure casters) over the years. They could run up to 4 players and I took them all to Hell (Hell difficulty) and back. I also posted a mat thread for each one. My favorite was my last one that used FW/L/CL/FO. Here's the thread. Hope it will be of use to you. http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...7-(L-CL-FW-FO) I'm thinking of getting back into D2 so I can finally get that Sorceress to lvl 99. Good luck!
    That will take a really long time!

I don't mind it taking a long time. If you make a couple tri-elementalists, you've got patience. LOL

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by crawlingdeadman View Post
    Then don't post in my topics...

Quote Originally Posted by EnerSense View Post
    I've looked to your Tri-Elemental Build and that was the first Tri-Elementist I've tried. It's a nice build, but like the other Tri-Elemental you just need to be patience with it. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Namtar View Post
    Yeah, if you haven't experienced it, an enchantress with dual Dreams hits very, very hard. And I suppose that with Frozen Orb, it's technically a tri-elementalist setup. While that does work, if we're assuming really good endgame gear, it seems a bit silly to deck out a sorc as a melee character, give her insane fire and lightning damage on-hit, and then go, "Hey, I have a third element when I cast this Frozen Orb." A melee enchantress can definitely deal enough physical damage, with enough leech (Dracul's Grasp is mandatory) that dual fire/lightning immunes aren't really a problem. I've done it. It's easier to do as a bear (using Griswold's Redemption for a 5-frame attack, see Clervis' guide for what's possibly the ideal), but still reasonable with Passion (and I'm looking into some other options).

I view hybrid enchantress/caster sorcs as an option for people that can't get gear powerful enough to make a dedicated enchantress really shine. And that's not really what this guide is about.

That will take a really long time!
    The 'Frozen Orb' is (almost) always been used as the third Elemental Skill like I'm using it. This Sorcerer does use it a lot to crowd-control the mobs. Her survivability raises if you freeze the monsters. If you need it or not, it's up to you, but I recommend it. Besised that, it's quite handy if you come across a Fire/Lightning-Immune.

I don't believe 'Dracul's Grasp' is mandatory, but I'll consider it, so I'll test it again. It's a way to raise her survivability. About using the Bear form, I ain't going to do it. This Build is a Hybrid-Melee-Caster and when I'm in Bear-Mode I cannot cast any Spells.

Thanks for the comments on my build, I appreciate it.