Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

What is the most FUN build for EACH class?

When I say fun, I don't mean the most powerful. For example, the Tri-Sorc isn't very effective, but it can be pretty fun. So, in your opinions, what do you think are the most fun? Forgive me for always asking these build-related questions.

Re: What is the most FUN build for EACH class?

How about a build that only uses (and has spent points into) skills that don't benefit from synergies, nor give synergies to other skills? (eg: mastery isn't considered a synergy in my book)

That should make things interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    How about a build that only uses (and has spent points into) skills that don't benefit from synergies, nor give synergies to other skills? (eg: mastery isn't considered a synergy in my book)

That should make things interesting
    So, like a Magic Arrow Strafezon, a Leap/WW Barb, a Conversion Pally, A Corpse explosion Necro?

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Dude View Post
    So, like a Magic Arrow Strafezon, a Leap/WW Barb, a Conversion Pally, A Corpse explosion Necro?
    Only way to play a necro

Or did you mean mojosplosion!? (mojo mancer (curses) + CE as only skills)

IncGamers Member

I've been playing summon necromancers since patch 1.09, and this is still the most "fun" thing about D2, for me .

I once made a curses only necro, using a few boneskills like boneprison/wall or armor. I got him to Nightmare Baal! (Singleplayer)

One very funny build to do as a barb through normal, is the finditem/grim ward barb. Using doubleswing!

Or my favorite, the support Paladin. Using Prayer/HolyBolt/Fanatisicm to support another character or merc.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

Offense is more consistently fun. Defense can be fun the first time you do it, but to me a super-tanky build gets more boring with repeated playthroughs.

In an ideal world, I think Diablo should play like the classic arcade shoot-em-up called "Defender". The devs should be required to go play Defender for an hour and then come back and code the game mechanics. Defender is all about the macro. You are fragile and surrounded by 10235328953 monsters, all firing various things or trying to ram you. You have speed and a powerful laser. The game is designed to overwhelm you, to the point where you are periodically awarded "smart bombs" that blow up everything on the screen.

To me, any playstyle where you are aggressive, run into a huge pack of mobs and take swaths of them down with your skills and spells is the most fun.

A lit fury javazon in cows is fun because of this. You run around, activate as many as you can ON PURPOSE, and then blow them away. Fun! Running around on a zon trying to single target cows with jab? Not fun.

Corpse explosion? Fun! Poison dagger? Not fun.

And there is my opinion!