Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Re: Frenzy barb low gear to nightmare act3+

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post

The red portal to Pindleskin appears once you rescue Anya and disappear if you activate the waypoint called "Halls of Pain". Avoid taking this waypoint in Nightmare and Hell!

Actually, the portal disappears if you both get the waypoint and kill Nihlathak. Just getting the portal won't make it disappear.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

Quote Originally Posted by Suydro View Post
    If is here anyone with hamachi who want multiplayer i would like be carried by some paladin,lvl 53 NM act 4.I am trying to farm andariel and i get some items but i am too weak against monsters in act 4 :-/ Need some tank or i dont know.Should I hire some tanky companion,or what companion should I have?I got archer.
    you definitely want a tankier companion. Archer sounds nice because you're a melee char but realistically they are more fragile and are way inferior for dmg. I would get an act 2 "offensive" merc in NM. This will provide you with a might aura which will boost your (and his) dmg quite a bit. Alternatively you could get the Defensive merc which will have holy freeze as an active aura, reducing the hits you take (and him) by like 50%. It slows monsters and even stacks with decrepify, if you ever get a source for that curse.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Suydro View Post
    If is here anyone with hamachi who want multiplayer i would like be carried by some paladin,lvl 53 NM act 4.I am trying to farm andariel and i get some items but i am too weak against monsters in act 4 :-/ Need some tank or i dont know.Should I hire some tanky companion,or what companion should I have?I got archer.
    Yeah, I have to agree with the poster above me and say Act II mercenary.

My suggestion would be to hire the defensive mercenary in Act II nightmare. This game is all about having enough time and space to what you do best - smash monsters - and his aura will let you do that. He's also tough as nails and will be able to attract monsters away from you.

Can you give us your skills and stats distribution? That would help us give you better advice. Also, what is your best weapon right now? You can pump the appropriate weapon mastery and then respec once you find a suitable "end-game weapon." Frenzy barbs are extremely powerful and diverse if you choose the appropriate support skills.

In general though there are a few things that work really well with Frenzy:

1. Crushing Blow - you can get this from the dirt cheap ' Strength ' or moderately cheap ' Black ' runewords. The former can be put into any weapon - incl. the Act II mercenary's weapon - while the latter can only be used in axes or maces. (My kicker/trap Assassin became matriarch with the ' Strength ' runeword socketed into wirt's leg.) A barbarian will need a better weapon in Hell, but it should suffice for NM.

2. Weapon Mastery - AR boost & % of critical strike. Just make sure you choose the appropriate one. Respec later if necessary.

3. IAS - combines nicely with #1. Also good for while you're 'warming up'.

4. "War Cry, Taunt, War Cry, Taunt, War Cry, Frenzy, War Cry, Frenzy, Frenzy" - you'll use this a lot in Hell difficulty. ;-)

Anyway, good luck with the build.

Edit: Also, Battle Cry is an amazing one point wonder. Use it in #4 as well.