Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

masterI or inferno easy?

I'm at paragon lvl 5 with my wiz dealing about 122k DPS, breezing through inferno easy. With three stacks I'm at 221 MF. Tried master I in act 1 and I can survive, but it goes real slow and I die here and there. should I keep running act 4 on easy with my sky splitter(1416 damage) for now until I find some better gear or tough out master I? I don't have great MF gear, and most stuff requires a big sacrifice for the MF. Do the same items that drop in the master lvls drop in easy, just more frequently, or do you have to be in the higher levels to get better/higher affixes?

BattleTag Leviathan-1356

Re: masterI or inferno easy?

Everything that can drop in Inferno, can drop no matter what difficulty you're playing on (Easy, Master I, Master V, whatever). The difference is that you gain more bonuses for going up to a higher difficulty, so, if your clearing speed were to be equivalent on Easy and Master I, it would make sense to play on Master I for the extra innate bonuses gained from being on that difficulty; in the case of your item hunt - more Magic Find.

However, I am of the opinion that you should stay on the difficulty that you can clear as efficiently as possible. If your elite battles take more than 30 seconds (some packs are harder than others, but just on average if they're over 30) then you should probably go down a level. You essentially want to be one to two shotting all of the white mobs and having relatively quick elite battles so that you can keep the fountain of items coming. The best strategy is to really just kill as much stuff as quickly as possible to make the game drop as many items as possible for you, so that you have a chance for RNG to turn them into Legendaries and upgrades for you.

In terms of quality of gear, a higher Magic Find number determines the odds for rolling a Legendary versus a Rare versus a Magical item and then six affixes versus five affixes versus four affixes (when it comes to Rare items). As far as we know, the actual QUALITY of the roll of any random affix (200 Strength versus 75 Strength) isn't affected by any of these statistics and is purely random.

And lastly, you don't need to run only Act 4. Any item in Inferno can drop in any Act no matter what difficulty you're playing on. I would suggest running Act 3 Easy because the mob density is best there, so you can kill more things per zone than you would in the short (and frankly more difficult) Act 4. Unless you enjoy it of course. The whole idea is to have fun.

IncGamers Member

Re: masterI or inferno easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss View Post
    And lastly, you don't need to run only Act 4. Any item in Inferno can drop in any Act no matter what difficulty you're playing on. I would suggest running Act 3 Easy because the mob density is best there, so you can kill more things per zone than you would in the short (and frankly more difficult) Act 4. Unless you enjoy it of course. The whole idea is to have fun.
    though I think you are right, the fact is that my best gear dropped off in Act 4 (and few items in Act 3). Best gear such as Tal Rasha set (all but belt); chantodo's will; stone of jordan, mara, ... I 've got lots of legendaries in act 1 and 2, but usually those never replace anything I am wearing.