DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BattleTag Flexy-2748

Re: Extreme censorship on these forums!

"Let's burn the witch, I say!"

DiabloWiki.Net Ink Slinger WitchDoctor's Avatar
    BattleTag WitchDoctor-1834

The mods locked your post because your conduct was worse than what i typically see on the blizzard gen discussion side, and all you did was blatent trolling and disregarding other opinions when other players were acting just fine.

The mods were being nice... if i was the mod i would have deleted the post and banned you from the forums, because the way you are acting would get you banned on quite a few forums im sure....

just take it and let it go, or just keep complaining and be gone for a long time.

BattleTag nurman-2854

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by yovargas View Post
    PS - locking a thread is not censorship.
    cenĚsor

[sen-ser] Show IPA
    noun
    1. an official who examines books, plays, news reports, motion pictures, radio and television programs, letters, cablegrams, etc., for the purpose of suppressing parts deemed objectionable on moral, political, military, or other grounds.

2. any person who supervises the manners or morality of others.

3. an adverse critic; faultfinder.

4.(in early Freudian dream theory) the force that represses ideas, impulses, and feelings, and prevents them from entering consciousness in their original, undisguised forms.

==========================

1. The moderator is an official (someone with authority) and judged my post as being morally objectionable.

2. Sounds like a moderator to me.

3. They definitely found fault in my post.

4. By closing the thread the mod prevented any further ideas from entering the consciousness of the people on these forums.

4 out of 4. Censorship.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Well, they didn't lock this one, right?

D3 Demon Hunter Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Once again, your definition of censorship does not apply. Freedom of Speech does not apply. This is a private forum. You are free to post if you made an account here, which means you have read and agreed to our forum rules. Apart from that, you are an invited guest and we expect you to respect the rules you have agreed to when signing up, rules you can read again here. This is not a public place, you cannot post anything you want here and the removal of content we deem inappropriate is not censorship. If you don't agree with the rules mentioned above, you are free to post elsewhere.

Again, compare it to a house, in fact, your own home. Guests in your house are not allowed to say anything they want, and silencing them can not be considered censorship.

Direct quote from the above-linked forum rules, by the way:

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Rules
    10. Thou Shalt Not Mention "Freedom of Speech."
    Or we'll vomit. All over your Treads of Cthon, we promise you. This is a private forum, and you are our invited guests. The moderators and administrators have a tough job, trying to keep the forums clean and presentable while not willingly stifling open discussion. If a thread or post is locked or deleted, that was the necessary step to take in the judgment of the administrator. Please don't bandy irrelevant constitutional law and hope to plea the case for less "censorship." Don't start a vote, don't throw food, don't throw a hissy fit, don't light up torches and mob our central office. We don't censor, we exercise judgment and quality control on something in which we invest a lot of time and effort.

- Snow
    When people tell me "plz" just because it's shorter than 'please', I feel perfectly justified to answer 'No' because it's shorter than 'Yes'.
    And the Lord said unto Carl: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'. But Carl came fifth and won a toaster.

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

I'll throw Rule Nine in there as well:
    9. Thou Shalt Accept the Admin's Decisions.We [Diablo: IncGamers and its mods/admins] reserve the right to ban [temporarily or permanently] or place on Probation [limit privileges] any member of Diablo: IncGamers without warning. We reserve the right to edit, move or remove any post made on Diablo: IncGamers without warning or explanation. We reserve the right to edit any portion of a member profile without warning. You will accept all this gladly and with open arms because we do it with love.

I strongly advise you to let it drop.
    OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

IncGamers Member

See. Not only are the incgamers mods censors. They are tree-hugging freedom-hating communist teddybear facists with predator drones. And very lovable.
    Horardrimm was right!

sarcasm overload detected

This forum is a bit boyscout-ish for sure. For example the ridiculous unavailability of the homo word and such stuff.
    But its the best diablo forum so no big deal imo.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by RazeBarb View Post
    Well, they didn't lock this one, right?
    Horadrimm's first thread hasn't been locked either (anyone who disagreed hadn't yet been labelled a Pardo apologist, desperate to curry favour for a beta invite on the off-chance any Blizzard employee is reading), although it's currently at the bottom of page 3 (because there have been no replies in over two weeks).