DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BattleTag nurman-2854

Re: Extreme censorship on these forums!

Quote Originally Posted by RazeBarb View Post
    Well, they didn't lock this one, right?
    Do we have a new sandbox?!...

Quote Originally Posted by BRKO View Post
    This forum is a bit boyscout-ish for sure. For example the ridiculous unavailability of the homo word and such stuff.
    But its the best diablo forum so no big deal imo.
    The real kind or the American mormon kind?

BattleTag Elly-1983

Here are the rules of these forums.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules

Particularly Point 10.

10. Thou Shalt Not Mention "Freedom of Speech."

Or we'll vomit. All over your Treads of Cthon, we promise you. This is a private forum, and you are our invited guests. The moderators and administrators have a tough job, trying to keep the forums clean and presentable while not willingly stifling open discussion. If a thread or post is locked or deleted, that was the necessary step to take in the judgment of the administrator. Please don't bandy irrelevant constitutional law and hope to plea the case for less "censorship." Don't start a vote, don't throw food, don't throw a hissy fit, don't light up torches and mob our central office. We don't censor, we exercise judgment and quality control on something in which we invest a lot of time and effort.
    We only accept posts written in English.
    Elly - Admin,
    Diablo: IncGamers on Twitter on You Tube on Facebook
    DiabloNut.Com (Diablo 3 database) - Blue Post Tracker - Diablo3Ladders.Com

New to Diablo 3? Read this great primer.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, you behaviour does.

BattleTag Greer-1174

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hazani View Post
    Any forum that doesn't ban me is not heavily moderated.

/thread
    Hey, I resemble that remark.

Quote Originally Posted by horadrimm View Post
    It seems that diablo.incgamers forum, the last bastion of free speech in this increasingly fascist Diablo community, has fallen to the same plague that has corrupted the rest of the Diablo sites.

There is now a division among Diablo players. One group is willing to speak the truth and criticize Blizzard when they deserve it, not afraid of the reaper-cussions (get it?), seeking to push Blizz to make a better game, and the other group who is afraid to speak for fear of not getting an ROS beta invite. Which side of the fence do you fall on? ...
    Meh, I think this whole forum has turned into a D3 flamefest. If anything I think the mods could have consolidated the 748 different AH discussions into one giant "AH gripes and complaint" thread and we wouldn't have missed much.

I'm on the "playing the game and enjoying it" side of the fence (~1300 hours now), but I drop in here for updates on the expansion and for build guides. Most of the players in my games don't know about this site. Different crowd.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by In the name of Zod View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I like to see all my threads in one convenient place where everyone can see them.

Having been a moderator for several months before the release of D3, I have to say the site hasn't changed one iota. It's not about censorship of opinions, it's about respecting people and not turning every thread into a flame war. There is no need for that anywhere on the internet and it's detrimental to communities when sites let that happen.

Voice an opinion and be respectful about it. No one has any excuse to not understand that you are talking to other people who may disagree with you or not like your opinion. It doesn't give anyone free reign to be a jerk and think that hiding behind a computer screen gives them free reign to do and say what they want without consequences.

D3 Demon Hunter Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Quote Originally Posted by BRKO View Post
    This forum is a bit boyscout-ish for sure. For example the ridiculous unavailability of the homo word and such stuff.
    But its the best diablo forum so no big deal imo.
    Derailing the thread further for a minute to reply to this.

Actually, that word wasn't censored at all at first. The reason that it is filtered out is also not because it is a bad word or because we don't want to mention homosexuality. It is censored after so many people couldn't refrain from using it wrongly as an insult. The word in itself is perfectly okay, it just needs to be used correctly. And people just can't seem to manage that.

- Snow
    When people tell me "plz" just because it's shorter than 'please', I feel perfectly justified to answer 'No' because it's shorter than 'Yes'.
    And the Lord said unto Carl: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'. But Carl came fifth and won a toaster.