Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Extreme censorship on these forums!

It seems that diablo.incgamers forum, the last bastion of free speech in this increasingly fascist Diablo community, has fallen to the same plague that has corrupted the rest of the Diablo sites.

There is now a division among Diablo players. One group is willing to speak the truth and criticize Blizzard when they deserve it, not afraid of the reaper-cussions (get it?), seeking to push Blizz to make a better game, and the other group who is afraid to speak for fear of not getting an ROS beta invite. Which side of the fence do you fall on?

A moderator closed this thread earlier today. This never would have happened around D3's release date. What happened to the diablo.incgamers forums?

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...ible-*Revised*

BattleTag Ignatius-1870

Re: Extreme censorship on these forums!

If you have any ideas for improving the game other than murdering Pardo, we'd all love to hear it. This is a place of lots of differing opinions.

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

The only censorship that went on in that thread was my deleting a double post. I closed the thread because it had served its purpose - you made a remarkably short sighted and ridiculous post that the vast majority of posters agreed was out of line, and you responded with increasing levels of immaturity bordering on flaming. You were headed in the direction of a temporary ban, just as you are now.

And this absolutely would have happened when D3 originally came out. And it did. And threads were closed. The level of discourse around here has risen since, as most of the posters who came here to rage and make fools of themselves realized it wouldn't fly here, and left either of their own accord or due to being banned.

I suggest you calm down, think before you post, and if you would like to continue this conversation do so by private message. Unless you enjoy drawing everyone's attention to your foolishness, of course. Calling out a moderator for doing their job is generally not the best way to ensure a long and happy stay.

Cheers!
    OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

IncGamers Member

I give this troll attempt a 5.8.

PS - locking a thread is not censorship.

IncGamers Member

Okay, so the mod closed the thread. But your still posting. If you made that thread on the Blizzard forums you would have been silenced forever/perma-banned. At least here you can amend your ideas, and create a new thread provided you amend your tone.

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

To be clear - we don't care if people who have a complaint about the game air it out here. Go for it. But respect other's opinions. Acknowledge that you are expressing an opinion rather than a fact. And don't demand something totally unreasonable, like the personal information of someone who may have programmed something you disliked. That's just creepy.

Reasonable negative reviews or comments of the game are absolutely welcome here.

Pro tip: If you've posted the same thing at multiple sites and keep getting it shut down, I would think and hope that at some point you would question whether the problem is with all the sites, or if you need to review your posting style.
    Last edited by Noodle; 06-10-2013 at 03:43.
    OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

IncGamers Member

Hah, you want extreme censorship? On the D3 General Forums a member posted that he noticed someone on his friends list was botting. I said casually "you can't call out people on the Diablo 3 forums, everyone who has made a post like yours complaining about a botter has gotten banned or their thread deleted." Got a couple of +1s on my post.

5 minutes later, the thread is deleted and my account is suspended, a moderator says "You can't call out ANYONE in the Diablo 3 forums. Your posting privileges have been permanently rescinded." No warning, never been banned before, just bam, perma-ban. Blizzard does not play games.

If you don't tow the company line, you are outta here. But on the other hand, Blizzard shutting down the Auction House to beg for people to come back for Reaper of Souls is kind of hilarious. Because how many thousands of people, making simple civil posts were banned because they didn't act like corporate zombies and praised the Auction House? Back then, Blizzard probably figured, You won't spend money on the Auction House? Then We Don't Need You...Now Blizzard is begging for their money back after banning them because the AH is scheduled to close and they need to re-build that bridge to get the gravy train flowing...I just think it's hilarious.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Ezza12-2162

wouldnt censorship be if the the thread was deleted without trace? i mean the thread can still be viewed so its not censored you just cant post on it anymore

IncGamers Member

Any forum that doesn't ban me is not heavily moderated.

/thread

IncGamers Member In the name of Zod's Avatar

This thread is actually the 3rd rant by this guy
    1st - http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...ficial-Forums!
    2nd - http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...ible-*Revised*

Considering at the time of my posting this he has only made 34 posts lol, I'd say someone is just spamming these forums. Give it a rest ffs.